Sanders: When You Are White…

Poor Bernie. He really has no idea how to deal with minorities. He means well, but....
It's true white people don't have to worry about prejudice based on their skin color, but lots of white people know what it's like to be hopelessly poor. It's not about foodstamps; it's about not being able to keep a roof over your head, not being able to keep the water running or the electric on or pay the $2 per bag to take your trash to the dump. It's about not being able to afford a bottle of shampoo and not being able to put enough gas in the car to get to a doctor's appointment. It's about picking up empty cans and bottles on the side of the road in order to buy a second hand pair of boots for your kids from Goodwill. It happens to white people, too.
Foodstamps my ass.

--It's true white people don't have to worry about prejudice based on their skin color--

How true is this statement? How do we know that a white person is being discriminated against. White people kind of walk around with a kind of arrogance that no one discriminates against them and then they see that their hispanic boss won't promote them. He then begins to notice that most of the employees are not white despite the fact that white people apply for the job. How do you know that you are not being discriminated against simply because you assume the whole world is a fair place and no one discriminates against you because you are white.
You have a point. I've felt discrimination from Native Americans and blacks, Hispanics not so much but maybe that's just luck of the draw. However, the discrimination I've encountered hasn't been from minority members who were above me on the food chain. I've only had one black supervisor/boss in my whole varied working life, and she and I were both women in a business that was 95% men and we got along great.
The truth, though, is that minorities would not be hating on us if they had not been treated unfairly in the past. I know you don't agree with this, but it is where it starts. Collectively, we reap what we sow, and the hatred and anger of BLM is what the white majority has earned -- maybe not you or me as individuals, maybe not even our own generation, but we are being as unfairly lumped together as some people unfairly lump all blacks or Hispanics together.

Maine. Is that cheap?

Do you also pay taxes that go toward sanitation?
What's sanitation? We don't have town water or sewer, so I'm guessing no. Town of 800. Cable won't even come.
========
So how are you on the Internet?
I'm at work.
So you go on these sites at work?
Sometimes, in between students. And there are other wi-fi sites around that I use. Don't worry, boss. I do my work.

He shouldnt have said poor...the rest is accurate and no surprise you went after the low hanging fruit.
Nothing he said is accurate. White people actually do get harassed by cops when they're walking down the street. It's happened to me countless times over the years. And yes I have been yanked out of a car by cops a couple of times too. One time at gunpoint.

False, I indicated which parts he said were accurate. Your personal anecdotes dont address the differences and difference in levels of occurances. You're just saying "I know people it happened too so they know what its like to be...treated like blacks" lol

Thats like going to a pool and proudly exclaiming you know what its like to be an animal at Sea World because...yanno, I'm wet
You could use a smack upside the head with a reality stick just like Sanders.

Great rebuttal. You could've just waved a white flag but you go down fighting
Anyone who thinks that white people do not get harassed by the police is an ignorant fool.

He shouldnt have said poor...the rest is accurate and no surprise you went after the low hanging fruit.
Nothing he said is accurate. White people actually do get harassed by cops when they're walking down the street. It's happened to me countless times over the years. And yes I have been yanked out of a car by cops a couple of times too. One time at gunpoint.

False, I indicated which parts he said were accurate. Your personal anecdotes dont address the differences and difference in levels of occurances. You're just saying "I know people it happened too so they know what its like to be...treated like blacks" lol

Thats like going to a pool and proudly exclaiming you know what its like to be an animal at Sea World because...yanno, I'm wet

Anyone who thinks that white people do not get harassed by the police is an ignorant fool.

I agree and that is exactly why no one has ever said that ever. But you sure are beating that hell out of that Strawman

I agree and that is exactly why no one has ever said that ever. But you sure are beating that hell out of that Strawman
Sanders said it. And then you said his statement was accurate.

Clearly you are both loony.

Sanders said it. And then you said his statement was accurate.

Clearly you are both loony.

Yeah but you clearly know he was making a comparison statement. Unless you believe that Sanders believes that no whites ever have been harassed by cops. To believe that would be stupid so I assume you were thinking and not just pretending to be stupid

750x422
Yep Bernie, white people don't know what it's like to get harassed by the police.

Forum List

Back