Zone1 Is Jesus God?

kjw47

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2013
upstate NY
All who can think for self reasonably will answer-NO to the question.

One greater than Jesus gave him all authority in heaven and on earth- Matt 28:18---Fact-God has always had the authority, none can give it to him.
One greater than Jesus gave him the judging duties-John 5:27--God was already judge.
God was king-1Chron 16:31--One greater than Jesus appointed him to a kingship( Dan 7:13-15)--But then Jesus must hand back the kingdom( 1Cor 15:24-28) to his God and Father and subject himself---God is in subjection to no one.
Jesus and his real teachers teach Jesus has a God=his Father-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--2Cor 1:3, Eph 1:3, Col 1:3--1Pet 1:3) God does not have a God.
Jesus teaches he can do 0 of his own( John 5:19, 30)--God did all the powerful works-THROUGH-Jesus( Acts 2:22, 1 Cor 8:5-6)--God created all things-99.9% -THROUGH- Jesus( Col 1:16)--He created Jesus first and last direct=The firstborn of all creation( Col 1:15) The only begotten son.

There is no capitol G God to the word at John 1:1 in the Greek lexicons- The true God called-Ton Theon=God, the word called Theon=god when in the same paragraph with Ton Theon as 2 Cor 4:4 clearly shows, its why there is a difference. translating works the same at both spots.

All being mislead into worshipping a non existent trinity created at the councils of Catholicism are breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. Not somewhere one wants to be standing.---Think about these facts, God warned all-GET OUT OF HER.

Yes. When he ascended to Heaven he joined with God and the Holy Spirit and the three became one.

Also the the Eucharist becomes the actually body of Christ through Transubstantiation. Cannibals I tells ya, cannibals.

forsaken.png

jesus wasn't talking to himself.

Very interesting

quotes: from the Catholics

The main point of disagreement is the filioque clause in the Creed that says the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father “and the Son.” Eastern Orthodox say the Holy Spirit proceeds solely from the Father, but if one understands that everything the Son has ultimately comes from the Father who begot him, then these two ...
and...

quotes:
Most Christians are (at least in theory, according to creeds and statements of faith promulgated by denominations) trinitarians, believers in a triune or tri-personal God, which they call the Trinity. But some have always been unitarians, believers in one God who is one perfect self, who does not in any way contain three selves or “persons.” Nowadays, these are a minority (again, going by official statements and membership rolls – I think the facts about Christians’ actual beliefs are more complicated than the official documents suggest).

In my view, before around the start of the fifth century, unitarians were always a majority. Of course, they didn’t call themselves “unitarians” – that term is of late 17th century coinage – but arguably most of them were unitarians – for some arguments read this. (Update: or this series.)

quotes: from the Catholics

The main point of disagreement is the filioque clause in the Creed that says the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father “and the Son.” Eastern Orthodox say the Holy Spirit proceeds solely from the Father, but if one understands that everything the Son has ultimately comes from the Father who begot him, then these two ...
and...

quotes:
Most Christians are (at least in theory, according to creeds and statements of faith promulgated by denominations) trinitarians, believers in a triune or tri-personal God, which they call the Trinity. But some have always been unitarians, believers in one God who is one perfect self, who does not in any way contain three selves or “persons.” Nowadays, these are a minority (again, going by official statements and membership rolls – I think the facts about Christians’ actual beliefs are more complicated than the official documents suggest).

In my view, before around the start of the fifth century, unitarians were always a majority. Of course, they didn’t call themselves “unitarians” – that term is of late 17th century coinage – but arguably most of them were unitarians – for some arguments read this. (Update: or this series.)
It was the Christian Brothers who taught me that. They are the main reason I believe that Christianity is polytheist in nature and the main reason I subscribe to no religion. But I do like their brandy.

One greater than Jesus gave him all authority in heaven and on earth- Matt 28:18---Fact-God has always had the authority, none can give it to him.
One greater than Jesus gave him the judging duties-John 5:27--God was already judge.
God was king-1Chron 16:31--One greater than Jesus appointed him to a kingship( Dan 7:13-15)--But then Jesus must hand back the kingdom( 1Cor 15:24-28) to his God and Father and subject himself---God is in subjection to no one.
Jesus and his real teachers teach Jesus has a God=his Father-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--2Cor 1:3, Eph 1:3, Col 1:3--1Pet 1:3) God does not have a God.
Jesus teaches he can do 0 of his own( John 5:19, 30)--God did all the powerful works-THROUGH-Jesus( Acts 2:22, 1 Cor 8:5-6)--God created all things-99.9% -THROUGH- Jesus( Col 1:16)--He created Jesus first and last direct=The firstborn of all creation( Col 1:15) The only begotten son.

There is no capitol G God to the word at John 1:1 in the Greek lexicons- The true God called-Ton Theon=God, the word called Theon=god when in the same paragraph with Ton Theon as 2 Cor 4:4 clearly shows, its why there is a difference. translating works the same at both spots.

All being mislead into worshipping a non existent trinity created at the councils of Catholicism are breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. Not somewhere one wants to be standing.---Think about these facts, God warned all-GET OUT OF HER.
Philippians 2:

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it [a]robbery to be equal with God, 7 but [b]made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

He lowered Himself so all that could be given back to Him after He fulfilled His purpose on earth. If you're going to use the Scriptures to prove something, you really should consider ALL the Scriptures and what they mean before taking a few verses here and there that you think prove something they don't.

In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we believe that before the earth was created, what we know to be God consisted of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. God the Father is the father of our spirits (Heb. 12:9). We are his literal offspring (Acts 17:28-29). Our spirits existed prior to all of us coming to this earth (Man, Antemortal Existence of). The firstborn spirit child of Heavenly Father was Jesus (Rev 3:14, Heb 1:6). Jesus became part of the godhead before the world was (John 1:1-3, 14). We do not believe the doctrine of the trinity in that God the Father and Jesus Christ are the same being. We believe that they are separate and distinct beings and persons. The oneness of God and His Son is that they are united in purpose as a single godhead. Nowhere in the Bible does it teach that they are the same being.

We believe that before Jesus came to earth and received a body of flesh and bone, He, along with the Holy Ghost, existed as spirit children of the Father but were also part of the Godhead. We believe the Father already existed as an immortal man with an immortal, resurrected body of flesh and bones. After Jesus came to earth He was resurrected with an immortal body of flesh and bones the same as his Father. We believe that the Holy Ghost will eventually come to earth and receive a body of flesh and bones also. We believe that it is part of the salvation of all mankind to be resurrected and receive an immortal body of flesh and bones just as the Father and Jesus now have. (see Hebrews 1:3 and Luke 24:36-43, Acts 24:15)

As we read in Genesis 1:26-27 there was more than one being in the creation process. We believe as John 1:1-3 and 14 tells us, that the Father created all things through his Son Jesus Christ. In fact we believe that Jesus was the Great I AM of the Old Testament and that this is why He was seen by and talked face to face with prophets of old. We learn in John 1:18 that up to that time no man had seen the Father. It was Jesus whom the prophets of old had seen and spoke to. Jesus proclaims this in John 8:58. Jesus is the Great I AM, even Jehovah of the Old Testament. Jesus was part of the Godhead before the foundation of the earth and participated in the creation of all things and was the God of the Old Testament through the direction of the Father.

It was the Christian Brothers who taught me that. They are the main reason I believe that Christianity is polytheist in nature and the main reason I subscribe to no religion. But I do like their brandy.
Wow! The Christian Brothers? For real? Where?

Back in the 1980s, I got involved with orthodox seminarians and others, and monasteries, and delved deep into the early church, the desert fathers, the doctors of the church. Never bothered with that biblical nonsense that divides everyone.

In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we believe that before the earth was created, what we know to be God consisted of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. God the Father is the father of our spirits (Heb. 12:9). We are his literal offspring (Acts 17:28-29). Our spirits existed prior to all of us coming to this earth (Man, Antemortal Existence of). The firstborn spirit child of Heavenly Father was Jesus (Rev 3:14, Heb 1:6). Jesus became part of the godhead before the world was (John 1:1-3, 14). We do not believe the doctrine of the trinity in that God the Father and Jesus Christ are the same being. We believe that they are separate and distinct beings and persons. The oneness of God and His Son is that they are united in purpose as a single godhead. Nowhere in the Bible does it teach that they are the same being.

We believe that before Jesus came to earth and received a body of flesh and bone, He, along with the Holy Ghost, existed as spirit children of the Father but were also part of the Godhead. We believe the Father already existed as an immortal man with an immortal, resurrected body of flesh and bones. After Jesus came to earth He was resurrected with an immortal body of flesh and bones the same as his Father. We believe that the Holy Ghost will eventually come to earth and receive a body of flesh and bones also. We believe that it is part of the salvation of all mankind to be resurrected and receive an immortal body of flesh and bones just as the Father and Jesus now have. (see Hebrews 1:3 and Luke 24:36-43, Acts 24:15)

As we read in Genesis 1:26-27 there was more than one being in the creation process. We believe as John 1:1-3 and 14 tells us, that the Father created all things through his Son Jesus Christ. In fact we believe that Jesus was the Great I AM of the Old Testament and that this is why He was seen by and talked face to face with prophets of old. We learn in John 1:18 that up to that time no man had seen the Father. It was Jesus whom the prophets of old had seen and spoke to. Jesus proclaims this in John 8:58. Jesus is the Great I AM, even Jehovah of the Old Testament. Jesus was part of the Godhead before the foundation of the earth and participated in the creation of all things and was the God of the Old Testament through the direction of the Father.

Met and was befriended by lots of LDS Brothers during a nomadic journey through western states. Attended services online during the covid lock downs.

Philippians 2:

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it [a]robbery to be equal with God, 7 but [b]made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

He lowered Himself so all that could be given back to Him after He fulfilled His purpose on earth. If you're going to use the Scriptures to prove something, you really should consider ALL the Scriptures and what they mean before taking a few verses here and there that you think prove something they don't.
You disagree, Dante. Why is that?

I won't pretend to know all of the words of the Bibles. Old one and latest one.

I believe GOD is not alone. I believe GOD created everything, including Jesus. What makes Jesus so special is virtually all can speak of Jesus but it seems FEW actually speak of GOD.
They think of GOD as completely alone. But I think GOD has a huge family. We are part of his family. Jesus is part of his family. We are similar to the butterfly in that we are like cocoons now but later we will be like GOD and be similar in creation to the Butterfly.
Our personal beauty in other words comes when we rejoin GOD and Jesus.

Wow! The Christian Brothers? For real? Where?

Back in the 1980s, I got involved with orthodox seminarians and others, and monasteries, and delved deep into the early church, the desert fathers, the doctors of the church. Never bothered with that biblical nonsense that divides everyone.

Don't disagree, just believe biblical stuff to be nonsense.
Then why are you commenting on a Biblical thread clearly devoted to a Biblical topic? You might as well say baseball is stupid in a thread devoted to discussing the infield fly rule. IOW, nobody cares.

Then why are you commenting on a Biblical thread clearly devoted to a Biblical topic? You might as well say baseball is stupid in a thread devoted to discussing the infield fly rule. IOW, nobody cares.

Go back and see my first posts in this thread posts #3 and #6. Your little petty, snide remarks here are void of reality. Dante was not commenting.

I personally see them as different entities. I also think the Trinity is misconstrued as Jesus becoming God when it is really conceptually God becoming Jesus, which then undermines the father and son aspects.

Anyway, to each their own. Stand on whatever rock adds value to you life. Makes no difference to anybody but you.

Yes. When he ascended to Heaven he joined with God and the Holy Spirit and the three became one.

Also the the Eucharist becomes the actually body of Christ through Transubstantiation. Cannibals I tells ya, cannibals.
All are one-they live to do Jesus' Fathers will, yet all are not God--Jesus is clear at John 17:3--The one who sent him=Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--and one must know him as that and know Jesus to get eternal life. Satan is blocking eternal life from all serving a non existent trinity, best believe Jesus.

Forum List

Back