Ron Paul vs. Herman Cain: An Analysis

Who Is Better?

• Total voters
The Bin Laden thing was a farce?

Ya' see, that's where one of Paul's biggest problems, besides his kook status, comes in..........His supporters........Ya' just can't take them serious when they start with stupid oddball shit.

Yes, the Bin Laden thing was a farce. This is known fact. Bin Laden died in 2002 and was diagnosed with kidney failure and marfan syndrome. His body was frozen on ice and was not set to be released til a politically expedient time. Not to mention the fact that Bin Laden was on the CIA payroll, known fact.

Startpage Web Search

The above post just deemed you completely moot from this point forward.

Like I said, Paul's supporters are his worst enemy, along with his nutiness..........His own looniness causes the conspiracy theorists to come out of the woodwork like fumigated cockroaches......It's friggin' comical.

Just listen to the man.....Legalize all drugs....Yeah, that's just fucking brilliant. This country is going through a meth epidemic, and this idiot wants to hand them Carte Blanche...It's friggin' crazy.

Wow. You don't understand anything. Let me break it down for you.

1. Legalizing all drugs puts drug cartels out of business and leaves it to the private sector and state regulation. Haven't you noticed that obtaining pharmaceutical drugs are monitored and sometimes restrict the amount you can buy? Imagine a meth addict not having a black market drug dealer to turn to who gives him unlimited, and must instead consult the pharmacist for some meth who will put restrictions on the amount he can use for personal use. It also eliminates the problem of drugs being laced with other dangerous substances and provided more buyer protection. Also, look at the regulation of alcohol. There's age limits. It's easier for kids to get a hold of illegal marijuana than it is for them to get a hold of alcohol, a drink sold by the regulated private industry.

2. EVEN IF legalizing all drugs did present a greater danger, it's still a matter of liberty and personal choice for people to choose what they put into their own bodies. How would you like it if I came to your house with a gun to your head and said "stop eating McDonalds or else I will cuff you and throw you in prison for 3 years." Yeah, do you like that? No. So get the frickin government off the backs of people who want to smoke a little bit of weed.

3. Doing drugs should be treated as a HEALTH issue NOT a CRIMINAL offense.

Yeah!.....Haven't you noticed that government controlled pharmaceutical abuse is rampant.....It's easier to get Vicodin, Oxy's, valium etc., then weed on the streets.

And, you trying to equate meth and other hard drugs with McDonalds is friggin' ridiculous.

Do you just believe that government is going to manufacture and distribute meth and other drugs, and then put them on the streets?............That's a fucking laugh. There will still be meth cookers etc., and there will always be a black market and cartels.

Ron Paul will be 77 on election day, he will not be on the ticket. McCain is a year younger and his age was a factor.

Age was only a factor for McCain because he couldn't appeal to the younger crowd, didn't seem like he was with the times, and came off as a boring old man.

Ron Paul however has the biggest following of young supporters ever. He has even appeared on CNN through Skype, has appeared on G4 TV, a station about video games that appeals to the young, and will enact legislation that directly affects issues that the young care about, for example Internet freedom and abolishing the Cybersecurity Act.

Cain isn't far behind either, only 7 years younger than Paul. Age will not stop RP.

Ron Paul however has the biggest following of young supporters ever.
LOL, what a farce. RP has a small and dangerously loyal group of supporters.

The youth vote will always go to the Democrats. The famous Churchill lie, "When you're young and not liberal you don't have a heart, when you're older and not conservative you don't have a brain." The youth without real responsibility will always be most liberal!

Age will not stop RP.
Rather lack of votes will!

I object to the notion that since I dont support Ron Paul then I must support Bush and Obama and want to head down the path to destruction because I dont think the way you do. Thats called a false choice fallacy.

Then WHAT/WHO do you support? Romney, Newt, Rudy? Those guys are establishment candidates. Elect them and you just get more of the same.

They'd rather vote for the lesser of two evils rather than someone who would help fix our economy. Its like the fat kid complaining he is fat as he woofs down a chocolate cake.

Hey, hey, hey........let's not talk about my weight! ;)

Honestly I think that together they would be great.

I think Cain and Paul's differences would keep each other honest.

Ron Paul wants to abolish the Federal Reserve.
Herman Cain was the chairman of a Federal Reserve branch.

I don't know what you mean when you say their differences would keep them honest. How? Not to mention, I don't think Ron Paul needs any help being honest!!

Honestly I think that together they would be great.

I think Cain and Paul's differences would keep each other honest.

If you're looking for productive ideological contrast, I'd rather see a Paul/Nadar pairing. Cain smacks of the status quo, in my opinion.

Ron Paul will be 77 on election day, he will not be on the ticket. McCain is a year younger and his age was a factor.

Age was only a factor for McCain because he couldn't appeal to the younger crowd, didn't seem like he was with the times, and came off as a boring old man.

Ron Paul however has the biggest following of young supporters ever. He has even appeared on CNN through Skype, has appeared on G4 TV, a station about video games that appeals to the young, and will enact legislation that directly affects issues that the young care about, for example Internet freedom and abolishing the Cybersecurity Act.

Cain isn't far behind either, only 7 years younger than Paul. Age will not stop RP.

So by the end of his first term he would be 81. We already have the assholes of the world thinking they can get over on us because the youth of this country came out and voted for an empty suit with a semi black face that is the weakest most limp-wristed President this nation has ever seen. Now the youth wants to saddle us with a geriatric munchkin that is so far out of bounds he makes Nader seem sane. Hey youth, there's a keg party and video game competition all day on November 2nd 2012, screw voting.....:razz::lol:

At first me makes sense and sounds great. He can really drive a point home and be few convincing. HOWEVER, he also goes off the deep end. The get rid of FBI, CIA, ICE, DHS, ATF, DEA, USSS (secret service), NSA, CBP and USBP(Border Patrol) etc. Do these agencies have issues? Of course, but I would fear the day they were gone. It would create a field day for terrorist, gang banger, the mafia, bank robbers and all forms of criminals. You could almost guarantee a Islamic Nuclear 9/11!

Ron Paul is dangerous!

I have noticed that many people support Herman Cain, even supposed Ron Paul supporters and some have suggested that they run together. Bad idea. These candidates are nowhere near the same.

Herman Cain exposed and why Ron Paul is better:

Federal Reserve

Herman Cain: Supports enslaving us through the Federal Reserve banking system by making us slaves to a valueless currency. He supposedly believes in the gold-standard and personal freedom, but these are contradictory to the existence of the Federal Reserve. Perhaps his position on this has to do with the fact that he has worked for a branch of the Federal Reserve.

Ron Paul: Will abolish the Federal Reserve, go back to sound money, and free us from the rigged monetary system who's strings are pulled by the Fed, aka international private bankers.

Drug War

Herman Cain: Wants to enslave millions of Americans by supporting the Drug War. The Drug War which involves the CIA importing drugs to the U.S. and then arresting people for using them, and then benefit from the profits of the privately owned prison system of the U.S. The U.S. has the largest prison population in the world thanks to those who support the fascist, authoritarian Drug War against a free people.

Ron Paul: Will abolish the Drug War, release all non-violent drug criminals from prison, and legalize all drugs and let states deal with regulation.

Foreign Policy

Herman Cain: Supports Israel, a country that bombs innocent civilians in Palestine. Herman Cain has not opposed our occupation in 120 countries nor has he opposed the wars. He has made no mention of bringing our troops home. He said that we went there to win and wants us to stay until we do, unless we have no chance. He doesn't mind the fact that thousands of our men have died in unjustified wars. Cain does not oppose us spending billions of dollars on wars and he doesn't seem to oppose the billions and billions of dollars we waste on foreign aid to other countries which don't benefit us one bit. He doesn't mind us being the policemen of the world either.

Ron Paul
: End all wars, withdraw all troops, and end all intervention in other countries. Opposes foreign aid. Ron Paul says "I don't think there's an authority to take money from poor people in this country and give it to rich dictators around the world. That's what foreign aid's all about. And it's also a big assistance to the military industrial complex." He opposes the U.S. policing the world.

Marriage

Herman Cain: Supports the government dictating people's marriage life and discriminates against gays.

Ron Paul: Says the government should stay out of marriage and people's personal lives altogether and should let marriage be left as a religious function as it truly is. He says people can do what they want and call it what they want. There should be no law that merely defines a word. That's absurd.

Social Security

Herman Cain: Wants to keep government run Social Security which involves the government taking all of our SS trust fund money and spending all of it on other stuff, most likely slaughtering people in other countries, and then there will be no more funds for the people's whose money was stolen by the tax system.

Ron Paul: Wants to privatize Social Security so that irresponsible government can't waste all of our funds without being accountable. A privatized system would ensure that people get their money, just like private car insurance is reliable and accountable.

Taxes and IRS

Herman Cain: Supports the "Fair Tax." More like the "unfair tax." He also doesn't appear to oppose the IRS.

Ron Paul
: Will go to a Flat Tax and abolish the IRS.

Immigration

Herman Cain: Believes in wasting money on securing the border. Takes a strong stance against illegal immigration.

Ron Paul: This would be a non-issue if we were implementing the right economic policies in the first place. Does not support wasting money on securing the border.

Civil Liberties

Herman Cain
: Claims to support liberty, but his policies say otherwise. I haven't heard him mention once that he'd restore our civil liberties. He uses the word in his rhetoric, but he never claims how he will do it. I don't see him opposing the Patriot Act or the Cybersecurity Act. By the looks of it, he supports the same ol' status quo which has resulted in the enslavement of the whole population of America.

Ron Paul: Will repeal the Patriot Act. Eliminate Cybersecurity Act which would destroy all of our Internet freedoms and the little privacy we have left. Ron Paul's number one priority is to get our liberties back from the stranglehold of the authoritarian dictatorship we call a "democratic government."

Still a career politician and Washington insider. I thought they were no good ?

Agree with the OP on just about everything but I'm going to nitpick on one thing, Ron Paul is big on border security and I agree with him.

Border Security

1.Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.

I believe in the last debate RP suggested putting our returning Military on the border to stop illegal immigration. Didn't I hear that?

Forum List

Back