Jon Huntsman could be the GOP surprise nominee

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
I heard some good words about this guy on Morning Joe. He sounds like what the GOP needs.

John Huntsman: Can he win 2012 GOP presidential nomination

He sounds reasonable and has a good understanding of the US-China relationship. He could be the GOP's best chance at regaining the White House. This is the first I have heard of him, but I am impressed. Can the tea party supposrt someone who, reportedly, worked for and likes Obama?

I heard some good words about this guy on Morning Joe. He sounds like what the GOP needs.

John Huntsman: Can he win 2012 GOP presidential nomination

He sounds reasonable and has a good understanding of the US-China relationship. He could be the GOP's best chance at regaining the White House. This is the first I have heard of him, but I am impressed. Can the tea party supposrt someone who, reportedly, worked for and likes Obama?
Yeah.....that's who Republicans need.....

( See how well you can hide that, from the Teabaggers. :eusa_whistle: )​

I like Huntsman. And, as far as I am aware, there is no law prohibiting the TEA Parties from supporting him.

What's the big deal that he 'worked for' Obama? In point of fact, he 'worked for' us... 'We, the People'... as does Obama. And... why should it bother anyone that he 'likes' Obama? Obama is, probably, a nice guy.

I'm glad that most liberals aren't as ridiculous as JimH52.

well well, the lefties are promoting Huntsman, SCRATCH him off the list folks.:lol:

Anyone else heard of Huntsman?

Last edited:
well well, the lefties are promoting Huntsman, SCRATCH him off the list folks.:lol:

Anyone else heard of Huntsman?

Smart guy, very 'human', dropped out of college (so clearly he 'hates' education... :lol:) fiscal conservative... very strong foreign relations creds. Looks good on paper. More research is required. Bear in mind.... not so long ago, no one knew who this 'Barack Obama' dude was either.

I like Huntsman. And, as far as I am aware, there is no law prohibiting the TEA Parties from supporting him.

What's the big deal that he 'worked for' Obama? In point of fact, he 'worked for' us... 'We, the People'... as does Obama. And... why should it bother anyone that he 'likes' Obama? Obama is, probably, a nice guy.

They aren't going to support the guy. He use to work for President Obama. That said, he seems like a reasonable fellow.

What do we know of Huntsman? He's pretty...

govhuntsman.jpg

Last edited:

Why did you say that? I like the guy.

They aren't going to support the guy. He use to work for President Obama. That said, he seems like a reasonable fellow.

Really? He did? Since when does Obama own the country? He worked for us. 'We, the People. As does Obama. We're the boss. Not them.

Because you asked 'can the tea parties support' him? Answer is yes. There is no law to say they cannot. He's a fiscal conservative - the TEA Parties like fiscal conservatives. Smart people - whether they be dems or Repubs - will research the man's record and decide for themselves whether he is a solid candidate. However, I await the media attacks with interest. I'm sure they'll make up sufficient bullshit about him to put him off running.

Frankly, I don't think America deserves honest politicians, because we allow the media to destroy anyone who dares put themselves forward.... unless, of course, that candidate is black.

Because you asked 'can the tea parties support' him? Answer is yes. There is no law to say they cannot. He's a fiscal conservative - the TEA Parties like fiscal conservatives. Smart people - whether they be dems or Repubs - will research the man's record and decide for themselves whether he is a solid candidate. However, I await the media attacks with interest. I'm sure they'll make up sufficient bullshit about him to put him off running.

Frankly, I don't think America deserves honest politicians, because we allow the media to destroy anyone who dares put themselves forward.... unless, of course, that candidate is black.

A fiscal conservative that backed the "individual mandate" that the uber RW loved before they hated...

He sounds reasonable and has a good understanding of the US-China relationship.

Indeed, he does seem reasonable. He was the second governor in the nation (after Romney) to set up a statewide health insurance exchange to bring a little order to dysfunctional health insurance markets. Unfortunately, given the median vote in Republican primaries, he'll likely either lose or eventually start pandering to the crazies. So enjoy it while it lasts.

Forum List

Back