Ron Paul and Romney Going Head to Head Here on Out

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GHook93, Apr 25, 2012.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    It appears Gingrich is finally dropping out, but Ron Paul will fight on. Even though Romney stopped campaigning, he won by a landslide in all of last nights States. Ron Paul still campaigned and still ran adds in some of those seats and still came in 3rd or even 4th (behind Santorum). Yet he fights on. My question to Ron Paul supporters is why is he fighting on? Statistically he can't! The press no longer covers him (and yes unlike 2008 he got a TON of coverage, more than any of the candidates at his low level)! He has no shot at the nomination. So what is he doing? What is his gain!

Personally I want Ron Paul to do one of three things:
    (1) Run for Governor of IL (I couldn't imagine another person better to run IL than Ron Paul; His business friend ideology might make IL a corporate destination again; He might get the budget balanced; He would get the highest income tax on the middle class in the US removed; I would support him, but that is my pipe-dream)!

(2) Run for Governor of TX (Texas is not only the most important conservative state it's the most important US state PERIOD! Watching Perry it's obvious TX thrives DESPITE Perry. Paul would be a great TX governor. He would keep it business friend fiscal conservative values alive and well)

(3) Remain in Congress (He fiscal conservative ideology is needed in this Congress nowadays)

2. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    He has been interesting, to say the least, and he brought much urgency to the National discussion on fiscal and monetary policy.

But I'd say the old boy should retire.

3. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Ron Paul continues on because he always does. It's fun, he enjoys it. There is no hope and he will be increasingly ignored but he likes to show up. He's very old. He chooses to enjoy himself like this rather than sit in a rocking chair with a heated throw over his lap. He has enough people to donate to his personal fun time so that it doesn't cost him anything. If Paul were playing golf, his supporters would be paying green fees.

4. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    As for #3, Dr. Paul has already said that he is in his last term in Congress.

5. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    It's what I want him to do, not what he is going to do. I mean do you think he would ever try to come up to IL and fix the state by becoming it's governor? Not a chance, but I could always hope he could get the fire in the belly to turn the most populated and highest GDP state in the Midwest Red and fix the state to make it the Texas of the Midwest (meaning business, regulation and tax friendly).

6. Ed Spacer

Ed Spacer BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Make a good veep,though.

7. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    He can fight on statistically because Romney does not have the 1144 needed delegates to seal the deal. Nor will he likely attain them before Tampa. Paull is still working the delegate strategy and is set to be a challenge at teh convention.

UNtil Romney seals it off, it's still anyone's race. Paul will then retire (or get nominated) after.

Why do you care?

8. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,190
    The best man Romney could possibly pick for VP would be Alan West.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    That's a ticket worthwhile. With John Bolton as Secretary of State.

10. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    He needs 300 delegates out of the 965 remaining. If Paul got every single delegate from here on in he still would not have enough.
    It is hardly "anyone's race." That fantasy bullshit.

Paul is now a distraction. He is running for the same reason he served in Congress for 30 years: to run his mouth and collect money from other people. He ought to apologize to the GOP for wasting their time and money.