Ron Paul and Romney Going Head to Head Here on Out

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Don't tell Ron Paul and his supporters that the race for the GOP presidential nomination is over.
They put Republicans in Texas and beyond on notice Saturday that they plan to take their campaign all the way to the national convention in August in Tampa, Fla.

Read more here: Ron Paul, supporters say GOP race isn't over yet - KansasCity.com

On 4 issues, Ron Paul seems like a better/different Republican. The Federal Reserve, Military spending, drugs and prostitution. But on all the other issues, Ron Paul's right wing ideas are even more extreme than Romney's or Bush's. Do you think a private corporation should own Yellowstone? Vote for Ron Paul. Don't like the EPA? Vote for Ron Paul.

1. There is no such thing as a "free market."

2. The "middle class" is the creation of government intervention in the marketplace, and won't exist without it (as millions of Americans and Europeans are discovering).

In actual fact, there is no such thing as a "free market." Markets are the creation of government.

The conservative mantra is "let the market decide." But there is no market independent of government, so what they're really saying is, "Stop government from defending workers and building a middle class, and let the corporations decide how much to pay for labor and how to trade." This is, at best, destructive to national and international economies, and, at worst, destructive to democracy itself.

The "middle class" is not the natural result of freeing business to do whatever it wants, of "free and open markets," or of "free trade." The "middle class" is not a normal result of "free markets." Those policies will produce a small but powerful wealthy class, a small "middle" mercantilist class, and a huge and terrified worker class which have traditionally been called "serfs."

The middle class is a new invention of liberal democracies, the direct result of governments defining the rules of the game of business. It is, quite simply, an artifact of government regulation of markets and tax laws.

Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class

Last edited:
I love West, love the guy, but Rubio is also a great pick. I do think he should consider doubling down on the economy and go with Meg Whitman (one of the best business-people in the US and probably the best business woman in the US). She nearly took the CA governor and that says something considering how leftist CA has become!

I like Rubio too, and he can be VP. But he's got constitutional problems when it comes to being president. He's not a "natural born citizen." He's a "native born citizen," so legally, according to our constitution, he can't be president. Unless now Washington has set precedent with obama and they're just going to look the other way and fuck the constitution, which might very well be why republicans look the other way with obama. They have their own illegal president aspirations coming up. They looked the other way for obama, so they'll expect dems to look the other way for Rubio, or Jindal, or whoever.

He was born in this country, right? That makes him a native born citizen. It is no issue at all.
I dont think he'd be a great choice, but that's irrelevant.

Yes, Rubio IS a NATURAL BORN citizen!

I love West, love the guy, but Rubio is also a great pick. I do think he should consider doubling down on the economy and go with Meg Whitman (one of the best business-people in the US and probably the best business woman in the US). She nearly took the CA governor and that says something considering how leftist CA has become!

I like Rubio too, and he can be VP. But he's got constitutional problems when it comes to being president. He's not a "natural born citizen." He's a "native born citizen," so legally, according to our constitution, he can't be president. Unless now Washington has set precedent with obama and they're just going to look the other way and fuck the constitution, which might very well be why republicans look the other way with obama. They have their own illegal president aspirations coming up. They looked the other way for obama, so they'll expect dems to look the other way for Rubio, or Jindal, or whoever.

He was born in this country, right? That makes him a native born citizen. It is no issue at all.
No, wrong, even though I explained it already, read the constitution. One must be born on American soil to TWO LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS to be "natural born," and ONLY natural born citizens can be president of the United States.

No, wrong, even though I explained it already, read the constitution. One must be born on American soil to TWO LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS to be "natural born," and ONLY natural born citizens can be president of the United States.

The Constitution does NOT define the term.

I would like to see Paul become president.
It would be interesting to say the least and he would likely die of a stroke before his first term was up.

Whitman is a horrible candidate...I was in Cali when she ran for Guv and she was a total train wreck.

A media slandering her and media in the back for liberal choice and she still made it close! I would say she is a great choice!
Whitman was a train wreck even if she had received more favorable media coverage.

Her and Carly Fiorina were two of the most incompetent candidates I've seen this side of Juan McLouse.

Nobody is going head to head. Romney is the nominee, deal with it. It's numerically impossible for Paul to win.
Numerically impossible? Are you an idiot?

Not only is it possible, but it's happened before - Warren G. Harding had the fewest number of delegates of all the republican candidates, yet ended up winning the nomination, and the presidency.

And considering the lack of overwhelming support Romney is getting, when the republican frontrunner SHOULD have complete support when given the luxury of being pitted against Obama, your statement sounds even more ignorant.

In Delaware and Pennsylvania primaries, Mitt Romney sets a record

Nobody is going head to head. Romney is the nominee, deal with it. It's numerically impossible for Paul to win.
Numerically impossible? Are you an idiot?

Not only is it possible, but it's happened before - Warren G. Harding had the fewest number of delegates of all the republican candidates, yet ended up winning the nomination, and the presidency.

And considering the lack of overwhelming support Romney is getting, when the republican frontrunner SHOULD have complete support when given the luxury of being pitted against Obama, your statement sounds even more ignorant.

In Delaware and Pennsylvania primaries, Mitt Romney sets a record

Idiot? No

Smart enough to live in 2012 vs 1800 yes.

The Constitution does NOT define the term.

Well, yes it does, so here's some "Natural Born Citizen for Dummies" for ya. Maybe you'll learn something...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGJdN2KPf0g]Natural Born Citizen for Dummies - YouTube[/ame]

Clause 5. No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;
That's the sum total of the COnstitution on the matter. WHere do you see anything else? DO you have a different edition?

The best man Romney could possibly pick for VP would be Alan West.

Say wha~?

Forum List

Back