Romney, Rubio Should Beat Obama, Biden

Picking Rubio might get him Fla. It won`t transfer to other latins. I work with mexicans and they can`t stand cubans. Republicans have to first figure out what kind of a party they want. do they want the no comprimise, my way or the highway fiscal tea party or the religious wackos. too bad they don`t have a more normal 3rd option.

John Kennedy...

:lol:

Rubio is no Johnson.

And in terms of gaming congress, there's no one out there like Johnson today.

Guess you didn't like the answer. :lol:

Didn't like what answer? I agreed that 1 president's VP choice out of 44 had an influence on the election mainly because:

A. He was very popular among both Liberals and the Southern States.
B. He added some gravitas to a very young candidate.
C. He was amazing at power politics in the congress.

And I went out to point out..that Rubio, who's legislative accomplishments boil down essentially to 1 (count em) 1 bill. Who's lied about his family's reasons for leaving Cuba. Who's tried to squash a story in Univision about a criminal relative..would essentially be no better and maybe a little worse for the ticket then all other 43 VP choices.

Just because you say so? You obviously don't know when Castro started his terrorism in Cuber.

My Grandfather was an ambassador..from Cuba to Canada under Fulgencio Batista.

And that is suppose to mean you aren't ignorant to the facts and are just regurging Leftist goo?

Well it puts me a "little" closer to the history then you. My father actually had to spend every morning inspecting the family car for bombs..because of fear of reprisal from the Castro government. Additionally my Grandfather was editor of several Spanish Language Newspapers and would be a firebrand against his government.

Rubio screwed up.

I've never understood this thinking when it comes to liberalism in America? America is and remains a liberal nation in spite of the attacks on a 'word' and the pretense that conservatives are the real Americans. We are all conservative in some ways, but conservatism as a political philosophy is empty. No nation, no accomplishment has ever been conservative, standing still is not a position for anyone but a .....
Child...PaaaaaaaLEASE!?

The latest Gallup poll out TODAY shows that 72% of Americans believe that Obamacare is UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

Yeah...sounds like a liberal country to me.

It's OBVIOUS why liberals "never understood this thinking when it comes to liberalism" in this country. It's because there is a HELL of a disconnect between the liberal definition of the word conservative and the actual definition of the word and effects of conservatism.

Just as there is a HUGE difference between the notion of a liberal thinker and liberal thought....NOT the same thing!!!

The founders were liberal thinkers. That is, they did not allow internal filters to limit the scope or scale of their thinking when applying their minds to problems. They did NOT waste time contemplating the virtues liberalism!

Oh, and by the way...Marco Rubio IS a natural born citizen. The CURRENT interpretation of the 14th amendment makes him so. It doesn't matter if the man that wrote the thing said that was not the purpose of it on the floor of the House...it IS the effect of what happens when men of modest intellect decide they are smarter than the founders.

Now if you don't LIKE that amendment...it's usefulness to us as a society has LONG since passed...I suggest we repeal that crap and consign it to the hell of repealed amendments with the 18th...where it belongs.

However, it will NOT change the status as a natural born citizen of Rubio or any other anchor babies since the Constitution also prohibits Congress from passing legislation retroactively or is punitive against an individual or group of individuals.

Of course, Maro Rubio...being a conservative....KNOWS that and wouldn't attempt to do so!

Lots of reasons why that won't happen but really - would it surprise anyone if rw's voted for a lying flip flopper who never met an opinion he didn't like and a kid who is so new, he has absolutely no idea what's going on?

Another point in Rubio's favor is that he's already been caught in a couple of huge lies. That's makes him perfect for the GObP/pubs.

I like Rubio. But, he should not be allowed to be VP.
Allen West should be considered if the Reps was a minority player on the ticket.

One way or the other who ever, Obama and the Dems and Rep Rinos must be ousted from politics for ever.
Its time the liberal agenda dies for good. Its not rocket science. Look at us now, a failing country and society.

again, if Romney is hoping is Veep Pick is going to be decisive, he's already lost.

Can you please name ONE president who won because he picked the right runningmate?

The best you can hope for is "not disasterous".

John Kennedy...

So you have to go back 50 years to find that?

FIFTY YEARS!

And then, this was a time when the Democrats were still a diverse coalition, which the GOP is not, really.

By that logic, Romney should pick Santorum, not Rubio. JFK picked LBJ because he needed LBJ's support, LBJ being a major player in his own right.

Picking Rubio might get him Fla. It won`t transfer to other latins. I work with mexicans and they can`t stand cubans. Republicans have to first figure out what kind of a party they want. do they want the no comprimise, my way or the highway fiscal tea party or the religious wackos. too bad they don`t have a more normal 3rd option.

Rubio and his family now being flushed as Mormons, yes I know he says he has converted to catholocism this will not go well in the general.

Two Mormons.

Rubio and his family now being flushed as Mormons, yes I know he says he has converted to catholocism this will not go well in the general.

Two Mormons.

Nobody cares about their religion anyway Santorum lost the Catholic vote in MI

...FIFTY YEARS!

And then, this was a time when the Democrats were still a diverse coalition, which the GOP is not, really.

By that logic, Romney should pick Santorum, not Rubio. JFK picked LBJ because he needed LBJ's support, LBJ being a major player in his own right.
You didn't put a time limit on it Joe...drive on. ;~)

By the way, JFK picked LBJ because he didn't have a snowball's chance in HELL of getting elected without a southern christian face out front and he knew it.

Oh, and that "still a diverse coalition" is NOW the GOP!

That's why guys like Obama couldn't get elected dog catcher in most of the south. Southerners are PROUDLY clinging to their god and their guns...AND their Constitution.

One of the last old school democrats left in Congress was Zell Miller. His last act as a democrat was to deliver one of the best speeches at the republican national convention in support of George Bush back in '05.

By the way, Zell is also on the board of directors of the NRA (National Rifle Association) with guys like Ted Nugent. And just to tie this together...JFK was a PROUD member of the NRA!

The GOP is and always has been the big tent party. The political times everyone seems to be lamenting and claims that there is no difference between the parties nowadays are just flat WRONG! There was actually LESS difference 40-50 years ago than there is now. People seem to forget that folks like Martin Luther King was a REPUBLICAN!

Just like the FIRST republican, Abraham Lincoln, both of their legacies have been stolen by self serving, petty and bigoted little minds in the democrat party to serve political purposes!

Despite the BULL SHIT that's being spread by the drive by media, progressive operatives in the blog-o-sphere and liberal FLAKES on sites like this, the TEA Party that has begun restoring the GOP is made up of people of every age, ethnic and religious background. They are democrats, republicans, libertarians and independents. And anyone who says differently is either speaking out of ignorance or a LIAR!

Two Mormons.
Just like the founding of our country, MOST religions in the US were founded on the principles outlined in the text of the bible AND the teachings of it. As long as the person is guided by those principles, they will do what is in best interest of the people they serve.

Outside of zealots and political HACKS on the left, I don't think the VAST MAJORITY of Americans give 2 flips about that crap.

And for those who would judge a person unworthy simply on their religious background, if they are Christians, they are directed by the bible to judge a man by the content of his heart and righteousness of their actions. If they do otherwise...I have a problem with them claiming to be Christians!

I like Rubio. But, he should not be allowed to be VP.
Allen West should be considered if the Reps was a minority player on the ticket.
After Biden I guess VP isn't all that important. But hey, who's really running the show anyway?

One way or the other who ever, Obama and the Dems and Rep Rinos must be ousted from politics for ever.
Its time the liberal agenda dies for good. Its not rocket science. Look at us now, a failing country and society.
My thought may be a pipe dream. I'm not sure the names and face we see matter much anymore. It may take more than an election to cure this countries
ailments.

ALLEN WEST!?!?!?!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've never understood this thinking when it comes to liberalism in America? America is and remains a liberal nation in spite of the attacks on a 'word' and the pretense that conservatives are the real Americans. We are all conservative in some ways, but conservatism as a political philosophy is empty. No nation, no accomplishment has ever been conservative, standing still is not a position for anyone but a .....
Child...PaaaaaaaLEASE!?

The latest Gallup poll out TODAY shows that 72% of Americans believe that Obamacare is UNCONSTITUTIONAL! Yeah...sounds like a liberal country to me.

It's OBVIOUS why liberals "never understood this thinking when it comes to liberalism" in this country. It's because there is a HELL of a disconnect between the liberal definition of the word conservative and the actual definition of the word and effects of conservatism.

Just as there is a HUGE difference between the notion of a liberal thinker and liberal thought....NOT the same thing!!!

The founders were liberal thinkers. That is, they did not allow internal filters to limit the scope or scale of their thinking when applying their minds to problems. They did NOT waste time contemplating the virtues liberalism!

Oh, and by the way...Marco Rubio IS a natural born citizen. The CURRENT interpretation of the 14th amendment makes him so. It doesn't matter if the man that wrote the thing said that was not the purpose of it on the floor of the House...it IS the effect of what happens when men of modest intellect decide they are smarter than the founders.

Now if you don't LIKE that amendment...it's usefulness to us as a society has LONG since passed...I suggest we repeal that crap and consign it to the hell of repealed amendments with the 18th...where it belongs.

However, it will NOT change the status as a natural born citizen of Rubio or any other anchor babies since the Constitution also prohibits Congress from passing legislation retroactively or is punitive against an individual or group of individuals.

Of course, Maro Rubio...being a conservative....KNOWS that and wouldn't attempt to do so!

You are astonishingly full of crap!

If you believe that 72% of Americans have read let alone understood the Constitution then you are a lot dumber that I had previously thought. If you think more than one percent of Americans have ever read the entire Affordable Health Care Act then you are even dumber than I had thought when I was sure you were stupid.

I would be willing to wager that not one % of Americans could come close to reciting the constitution. Hell I engage in this political forum several times a day and still have to read the constitution from time to time.

So what you think is plausible that at the time of your "pol" 72 % of Americans had researched all of the provisions of The Affordable Health Care Act and deemed it unconstitutional and could point out which ammendments it violates.

You are WAAAAAAAY TOOOOOOOOO full of shit.

Child...PaaaaaaaLEASE!?

The latest Gallup poll out TODAY shows that 72% of Americans believe that Obamacare is UNCONSTITUTIONAL! Yeah...sounds like a liberal country to me.

You are astonishingly full of crap!

If you believe that 72% of Americans have read let alone understood the Constitution then you are a lot dumber that I had previously thought. If you think more than one percent of Americans have ever read the entire Affordable Health Care Act then you are even dumber than I had thought when I was sure you were stupid.

I would be willing to wager that not one % of Americans could come close to reciting the constitution. Hell I engage in this political forum several times a day and still have to read the constitution from time to time.

So what you think is plausible that at the time of your "pol" 72 % of Americans had researched all of the provisions of The Affordable Health Care Act and deemed it unconstitutional and could point out which ammendments it violates.

You are WAAAAAAAY TOOOOOOOOO full of shit.

Federal Judge Roger Vinson ruled this week that the "individual mandate" portion of Obama's health care reform was unconstitutional,

Learn more: With Obamacare ruled unconstitutional; states embrace limits on federal power

...FIFTY YEARS!

By the way, JFK picked LBJ because he didn't have a snowball's chance in HELL of getting elected without a southern christian face out front and he knew it.

That's why guys like Obama couldn't get elected dog catcher in most of the south. Southerners are PROUDLY clinging to their god and their guns...AND their Constitution.

Actually, Obama won NC, VA, and FL last time. He'll probalby add Missouri to that next time. Maybe Georgia if Romney is having a really bad day.

Despite the BULL SHIT that's being spread by the drive by media, progressive operatives in the blog-o-sphere and liberal FLAKES on sites like this, the TEA Party that has begun restoring the GOP is made up of people of every age, ethnic and religious background. They are democrats, republicans, libertarians and independents. And anyone who says differently is either speaking out of ignorance or a LIAR!

Guy, you Teabaggers got played by the Koch Brothers like a Stradivarious....

They don't care about your issues. They just want the GOP back in charge so Wall Street can start stealing from you again.

...FIFTY YEARS!

Actually, Obama won NC, VA, and FL last time. He'll probalby add Missouri to that next time. Maybe Georgia if Romney is having a really bad day.

Guy, you Teabaggers got played by the Koch Brothers like a Stradivarious....

They don't care about your issues. They just want the GOP back in charge so Wall Street can start stealing from you again.

:lol:Obama will lose all of those states:cool:

No question Rubio is much more likable and at ease in public

He would make a good ticket

Two Mormons.

Nobody cares about their religion anyway Santorum lost the Catholic vote in MI

Michigan is just fucked up.

Sorries.:eusa_angel: I love the UP. Had special real tree for there mossy oaks with a twist.:lol:

If they try to run Romney and Rubio that would be bad.... I can see the bullseye.

Forum List

Back