Romney, Rubio Should Beat Obama, Biden

Rubio's still the man for VP....it's gotta happen

220px-Marco_Rubio%2C_Official_Portrait%2C_112th_Congress.jpg

Rubio has said repeatedly that he wants to cast the GOP as the party of legal immigration, even as he has warned other Republicans that their rhetoric has harmed the party’s efforts to reach out to Hispanic voters. Democrats, he said, would love to use it as a wedge issue. The White House already has asked some immigration activists not to work with him, Rubio said.
Rubio, a potential vice presidential running mate for Mitt Romney, began talking about his immigration plan this spring after he and Republicans, including former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, worried that the polarizing rhetoric during the presidential primaries would keep Hispanic voters from considering a GOP candidate in November

Read more here: Sen. Marco Rubio says his immigration plan is “humanitarian mission” - Florida - MiamiHerald.com

:lol:Obama will lose all of those states:cool:

Um, no, he probably won't.

Let's take a look at Missouri. McCain only won it by about 4,000 votes last time.

Now take into account-

They really, really don't like Mormons in Missouri. They had an extermination order against them until 1976!

Romney came in third place in 2008.

Romney came in way behind Santorum this time.

Clinton carried the state in both 1992 and 1996. Democrats can do well there.

Georgia is a bit tougher. McCain won that by 200,000 votes. But again, lots of Evangelicals who won't vote for a Mormon.

True, a Democrat quote me onthathasn't carried Georgia since 1980, and that was when a Native son was the incumbant president.

Here's the thing about Romney. He's not going to win Massachusetts, and he's not going to Win Michigan. Usually, it's a bad sign when your candidate can't win his home state. Romney can't win either of his.

Romany will win MI, Republicans run this state now.. Totally all branches, and as I said, this is not 08. Obama will lose all the states you mentioned

I agree and think you are off here Joe.

Since 2008 and Obama's lack of addressing jobs and economic growth issues as he promised (instead suppressing the economy with various taxes and regulatory constraints like on coal) a great percentage of the white blue collar working class has become disillusioned with Obama and many have swung to ABO or will sit out this election.

Walker would no way have won a recall in 2008 or have been elected int he first place.

Democrats just do not realize how energized they have made the rank and file GOP and polarized the electorate with Obamas failed policies and some biased actions like at DOJ.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKNGOFrUot8]Sen. Marco Rubio quotes Obama, Biden and Reid on Senate Floor (7-30-2011) - YouTube[/ame]

Um, no, he probably won't.

Let's take a look at Missouri. McCain only won it by about 4,000 votes last time.

Now take into account-

They really, really don't like Mormons in Missouri. They had an extermination order against them until 1976!

Romney came in third place in 2008.

Romney came in way behind Santorum this time.

Clinton carried the state in both 1992 and 1996. Democrats can do well there.

Georgia is a bit tougher. McCain won that by 200,000 votes. But again, lots of Evangelicals who won't vote for a Mormon.

True, a Democrat quote me onthathasn't carried Georgia since 1980, and that was when a Native son was the incumbant president.

Here's the thing about Romney. He's not going to win Massachusetts, and he's not going to Win Michigan. Usually, it's a bad sign when your candidate can't win his home state. Romney can't win either of his.

Romany will win MI, Republicans run this state now.. Totally all branches, and as I said, this is not 08. Obama will lose all the states you mentioned

I agree and think you are off here Joe.

Since 2008 and Obama's lack of addressing jobs and economic growth issues as he promised (instead suppressing the economy with various taxes and regulatory constraints like on coal) a great percentage of the white blue collar working class has become disillusioned with Obama and many have swung to ABO or will sit out this election.

Walker would no way have won a recall in 2008 or have been elected int he first place.

Democrats just do not realize how energized they have made the rank and file GOP and polarized the electorate with Obamas failed policies and some biased actions like at DOJ.

I think Obama should have addressed jobs first. I think he also made the mistake of listening to the Austerity advocates and gave in on stimulus.

But I think most Americans also are fair enough to realize that he inherited a hell of a mess, and things are better than they were four years ago for most of us.

NOw, yeah, if the Republicans had nominated a true leader, Obama would be in real trouble. Lukily for him, they nominated Romney, who has all the character traits of a used car salesman.

I think Obama should have addressed jobs first. I think he also made the mistake of listening to the Austerity advocates and gave in on stimulus.

Lol, you call running up an additional $5 TRILLION in national debt 'austerty'?

When have the Keynesianists like Krugman *ever* made a call that was proven correct over time?

But I think most Americans also are fair enough to realize that he inherited a hell of a mess, and things are better than they were four years ago for most of us.

He did, but he shouldhave prioritized job creation instead of his patronage agenda.

NOw, yeah, if the Republicans had nominated a true leader, Obama would be in real trouble. Lukily for him, they nominated Romney, who has all the character traits of a used car salesman.

Cant argue with you there. First, there isnt much difference between the two of them, if you compare their records instead of their rhetoric. Both are owned by Wall Street.

But Romney is for traditonal marriage and Obama is for gay marriage and I guess that tips the scale to Romney, IMO.

Lol, you call running up an additional $5 TRILLION in national debt 'austerty'?

When have the Keynesianists like Krugman *ever* made a call that was proven correct over time?

Krugman was predicting the Recession of 2008 as early as 2005. And he was right.

Incidently, that 5 trillion in debt has to do more with decisions made before Obama got there. The war, the TARP bailouts, interest on previous debt, and the fact that when Bush lost another 20 million jobs, revenues vanished.... But I can totally understand why you don't want to talk about that.

He did, but he shouldhave prioritized job creation instead of his patronage agenda.

If we had saved every government job on all levels, unemployment would be at 7% right now. The private sector has made up a lot of the jobs lost, but the loss of public sector jobs- less teachers, less firefighters, less cops - is what has kept unemployment high.

Cant argue with you there. First, there isnt much difference between the two of them, if you compare their records instead of their rhetoric. Both are owned by Wall Street.

Realistically, we aren't going to get anyone Wall Street isn't comfortable with. If the peasents ever got up and nominated someone they didn't want, they'd slip that guy some roofies and put him in bed with a dead hooker. The good news is, they aren't complete idiots. They can see the problems, too.

[But Romney is for traditonal marriage and Obama is for gay marriage and I guess that tips the scale to Romney, IMO.

I can't imagine a sillier reason to vote for someone. Why should you even care if gay folks can get married or not? How does that effect your life in any way, shape or form?

Gay marriage is inevitable for the whole country, I think you need to learn how to deal.

I watched Rubio on "Meet The Press" This guy can really handle himself, I'm so impressed with him, if Romney doesn't choose Rubio as his running mate, he'd be making a big mistake in my view

I watched Rubio on "Meet The Press" This guy can really handle himself, I'm so impressed with him, if Romney doesn't choose Rubio as his running mate, he'd be making a big mistake in my view

Romney basically sunk Rubio's ship when he went against the Dream Act Lite, that Rubio said he wanted, but could find no other Repblicans to get behind. There's no way that Rubio and Romney could mend that fence. If they did, they'd be in complete agreement with what Obama did, using Executive Order policy.

Romney burned too many bridges with moderates, by sucking right wing ass to please the tea baggers. Romney's narrative is Mr. Etch-a-Sketch, and every position change he's tried to shift from his primary position, just makes him look like a bigger bullshit artist.

Romney basically sunk Rubio's ship when he went against the Dream Act Lite, that Rubio said he wanted, but could find no other Repblicans to get behind. There's no way that Rubio and Romney could mend that fence. If they did, they'd be in complete agreement with what Obama did, using Executive Order policy.

Romney burned too many bridges with moderates, by sucking right wing ass to please the tea baggers. Romney's narrative is Mr. Etch-a-Sketch, and every position change he's tried to shift from his primary position, just makes him look like a bigger bullshit artist.

Rubio is not a moderate idiot:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuwFjoSvSh4&feature=g-vrec]Marco Rubio telling it like it is!!! - YouTube[/ame]

He won't.

Romney isn't one of you guys. He's a Wall Street Republican.

And as much as you social/Christian cons are unable to see it, they have nothing but contempt for you guys.

He's going to pick either Pawlenty or Portman. Looking more and more like Pawlenty at this point.

He won't.

And as much as you social/Christian cons are unable to see it, they have nothing but contempt for you guys.

He's going to pick either Pawlenty or Portman. Looking more and more like Pawlenty at this point.

I'm a Jew wack job:tongue:

Rubio is not a moderate idiot:cuckoo:

I'm glad you believe that. You're orthodoxy is a gift that keeps on giving.

He won't.

Same deal... nothing but contempt for you guys... or least the "conservative" ones.

78% of Jews will vote for Obama this November.

He won't.

You're certainly a whack job. I don't know what the confirmed faith of your mother has to do with anything.

He won't.

Same deal... nothing but contempt for you guys... or least the "conservative" ones.

78% of Jews will vote for Obama this November.

:lol: You and Jake are the same person both clueless and delusional, although he has an excuse he's a kid. You? You’re just a miserable hater

He won't.

You're certainly a whack job. I don't know what the confirmed faith of your mother has to do with anything.

I'm more of a practicing Jew than my mother idiot

Forum List

Back