Ron Paul and Newt need to get out of the race

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grampa Murked U, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,759
    All they are doing is infecting the primary. Far to much negativity and damage is being done to our platform. They can't possibly win. Best case scenario for them is a broken convention. And even then they lose.

It's becoming evident that Mitt will win. The only one close is Rick and as I said months ago he is far to controversial.

Who ever decided to prolong our process by changing the rules should be summarily shot. Nothing good has come from this new system, unless your a democrat.

Let Mitt beat Santorum and let's move forward. Paul and Newt are just giving the democrats fuel. End this circus.

2. GuyPinestra

GuyPinestra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Sorry you feel that way Gramps, but Paul is in to the convention. It's up to Adelson to see if Newt sticks it out.

3. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    Nah, you’ve still got Super Tuesday to look forward to – and Gingrich can’t wait.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,152
    As I said before, all of them who are still in are going to the Convention. Romney isnt going to drop out when he is currently in the lead. Paul, unlike some politicians, is in it for the long haul. I have to admire that regardless of the fact that we disagree on some matters. Gingrich has too much hubris to admit defeat. And Santorum has a fair shot at this point too, not to mention I think he is in this race because he cares about the country, (not saying the others don't but I think it's especially true for Santorum). I dont see him as a quiter either.

Despite the fact that we are two months into primary season it really is still early anyway.

5. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,759
    I just feel that if they want to run on the platform they should equally want to preserve that platform. We are doing so much damage to each other and the outcome is almost set in stone anyways. At least it probably will be after super Tuesday.

We have what we have as candidates and no amount of additional attacks is going to change that. Paul "may" hold power at the actual convention but after that it will be back to him being no more powerful than any other senator. In the meantime we are just giving democrats fuel. All for what? NOTHING

6. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,759
    We can keep telling ourselves that "its early" but it won't change anything. The only thing that can change things at this point is a major mistake by Mitt.

Santorum "had" a chance before he shot himself in the foot with his over the top social rhetoric. And his puke comment and his college isn't for everyone nonsense.

After super Tuesday its over.

7. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,759
    Also, after super Tuesday it will be numerically impossible for anyone else to get in the race and receive enough delegates to win.

We are stuck with either Romney or Rick.

8. Cuyo

Cuyo Training a Guineapig army

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    For fear of "Damage to the platform," you've determined that Newtie and Paul should leave, but (by implication) Santorum should stay?

9. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Why not just hold a coronation?

10. GuyPinestra

GuyPinestra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Don't let it get you down, Gramps. There's a theory out there that we're in for another terrorist attack, a dirty bomb from Iran. That'll give Obama a reason to declare an 'emergency', Federalize the police and National Guard and suspend the November election "until the crisis is past."

I can't wait to see how my FEMA camp is furnished... :eek: