Roast chicken in a bag

Salt really isn't the demon that people think it is. It can cause you to retain water, which can be a problem if you have high blood pressure, but aside from that, it's harmless.
With the tendency of most people nowadays to be dehydrated I disagree. Thats why its not a good idea to drink sea water.

We aren't talking about drinking sea water when you're dying of thirst. It takes more water to remove the salt than you're taking in, and thus sea water will cause your kidneys to shut down.

The whole "salt is deadly" thing is an outdated meme from the 70s, much like the "eggs are heinous" meme. Both are incorrect.

But that's okay, don't eat salt if it scares you. Then maybe your electrolytes will get out of balance and your heart will stop.
Sea water has salt in it which you claimed is safe. Get educated so your logic wont look so silly.

Salt is safe.

But drinking seawater when you have no other water isn't.

Moron.
No stupid. drinking salt water period causes dehydration. You must have ran out of stupid things to say like your saline quip. :laugh:

No, it doesn't you moron. Read. Read. Read. Read.

They treat dehydration with SALT, you fucking loon.

"..."there is little evidence for long-term benefit from reducing salt intake."

It s Time to End the War on Salt - Scientific American
Poor schlep. Are you ever right about ANYTHING?
I'm right about you being an idiot. I like your claim that salt doesnt cause dehydration the best. :laugh:

Wow.

Willfully. Ignorant.

The information is there. But you cling to your stupidity. Go for it, like I said, maybe your heart will stop.

PS:

"...Children and adults who are severely dehydrated should be treated by emergency personnel arriving in an ambulance or in a hospital emergency room, where they can receive salts and fluids through a vein (intravenously) rather than by mouth.."

Dehydration Treatments and drugs - Diseases and Conditions - Mayo Clinic
Thats for faster diffusion idiot

But I thought you didn't treat dehydration with salt?

Oh my.
Your thinking is frequently messed up. Salt is not the only thing you get in a hospital. You get liquids to balance out the salt so your kidneys dont get messed up. Lets see how long you last drinking sea water. I'll give you 2 -3 days in a boat at sea.

"...Children and adults who are severely dehydrated should be treated by emergency personnel arriving in an ambulance or in a hospital emergency room, where they can receive salts and fluids through a vein (intravenously) rather than by mouth.."

Oh my.
Your thinking is frequently messed up. Salt is not the only thing you get in a hospital. You get liquids to balance out the salt so your kidneys dont get messed up. Lets see how long you last drinking sea water. I'll give you 2 -3 days in a boat at sea.

When on earth did I say to drink sea water?

Oh yeah, I didn't.

Just schlep doing what schlep does...trolling to hide the fact he's a moron.

I'm right about you being an idiot. I like your claim that salt doesnt cause dehydration the best. :laugh:

Wow.

Willfully. Ignorant.

The information is there. But you cling to your stupidity. Go for it, like I said, maybe your heart will stop.

PS:

I have all the information I need. Youre the idiot that claimed salt doesnt dehydrate you.
laugh.gif

Oh my.

When on earth did I say to drink sea water?

Oh yeah, I didn't.

Just schlep doing what schlep does...trolling to hide the fact he's a moron.
Who said you did? I said try drinking sea water. It has more than 2% salt concentration. Thats why you cant drink it and live idiot.
laugh.gif

Wow.

Willfully. Ignorant.

PS:

I have all the information I need. Youre the idiot that claimed salt doesnt dehydrate you.
laugh.gif

Too MUCH salt can dehydrate you.

But salt in food isn't too much salt.

Drinking sea water is.

"The Mayo Clinic explains that sodium is needed for such bodily functions as proper fluid balance, nerve conduction and the contraction and relaxation of muscles."

Wow.

Willfully. Ignorant.

PS:

laugh.gif

Drinking sea water is.

"The Mayo Clinic explains that sodium is needed for such bodily functions as proper fluid balance, nerve conduction and the contraction and relaxation of muscles."
Which is it? You said salt didnt dehydrate you. Can you please take a stance? Are you seeing the error in your logic now?

And btw, salt doesn't dehydrate you. It causes water retention, schlep you dolt. That's why they pump people up with SALINE when they're dehydrated.

laugh.gif

Wow.

Willfully. Ignorant.

PS:

laugh.gif

Drinking sea water is.

Which is it? You said salt didnt dehydrate you. Can you please take a stance? Are you seeing the error in your logic now?

And btw, salt doesn't dehydrate you. It causes water retention, schlep you dolt. That's why they pump people up with SALINE when they're dehydrated.

laugh.gif

This is far too complex for your tiny animal brain, schlep.

Wow.

Willfully. Ignorant.

PS:

laugh.gif

Drinking sea water is.

laugh.gif

I think you are confused as usual. First you say salt doesnt cause dehydration then you say it does. I think you should stick to the things you know which seems to be "not much" judging from the threads I have observed you in.

You don't need the bag. The bag is to hold in moisture, but that is not needed when cooking chicken properly.

The "Secret" to Moist, Delicious Chicken

1) And this is the most important, brine the chicken for at least 3-4 hours. Preferably overnite or longer.
Simply take the chicken, once cleaned, and place in large mixing bowl completely under cold water. Add 1 full TBS of sea salt, don't worry about sodium or "salty taste" the salt is to open the pores of the chicken to allow the water to permeate the meat. Remove chicken and put spices/herbs whatever you like, or recipe calls for.
2) Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and rub into chicken.
3) For a whole chicken, preheat oven to 450. And place chicken in oven Set the timer for 15 minutes. This will sear the meat and brown the outside, and seal in the moisture.
4) WITHOUT opening oven door - turn oven down to 350. And cook until internal temp. is 165. WIll be between 40 minutes to 1 hour depending on size of chicken.

Your chicken will be perfect. Crisp on the outside, and super moist.
Don't skip any steps. It will not turn out right if you do.

Wow.

Willfully. Ignorant.

PS:

laugh.gif

Drinking sea water is.

laugh.gif

I think you are confused as usual. First you say salt doesnt cause dehydration then you say it does. I think you should stick to the things you know which seems to be "not much" judging from the threads I have observed you in.

Too much salt causes dehydration honey.

And when you're dehydrated, they give you salt.

Like I said, it's too complicated for you.

You don't need the bag. The bag is to hold in moisture, but that is not needed when cooking chicken properly.

1) And this is the most important, brine the chicken for at least 3-4 hours. Preferably overnite or longer.
Simply take the chicken, once cleaned, and place in large mixing bowl completely under cold water. Add 1 full TBS of sea salt, don't worry about sodium or "salty taste" the salt is to open the pores of the chicken to allow the water to permeate the meat. Remove chicken and put spices/herbs whatever you like, or recipe calls for.
3) For a whole chicken, preheat oven to 450. And place chicken in oven Set the timer for 15 minutes. This will sear the meat and brown the outside, and seal in the moisture.
4) WITHOUT opening oven door - turn oven down to 350. And cook until internal temp. is 165. WIll be between 40 minutes to 1 hour depending on size of chicken.

But the bag is fun!

And so un-messy!

laugh.gif

Drinking sea water is.

laugh.gif

No dummy they give you salt for diffusion and water to keep you from getting dehydrated. But enough of this elementary science you didnt learn in school.

Drinking sea water is.

laugh.gif

No dummy they give you salt for diffusion and water to keep you from getting dehydrated. But enough of this elementary science you didnt learn in school.

They give you salt when you're dehydrated. Whew, thanks, we agree.

But the bag is fun!

And so un-messy!

I know it is the internets and people can claim anything...just sayin, people have asked me for years "how do you make chicken this juicy?" whether it is whole chicken, or bone-in split or whatever...cooking pork or chicken in an oven without brining is a sin. When you go to a great restaurant and you cut into that thick pork chop and juices literally squirt out and the plate is covered in liquid...how do they do that? They brine and sear it.

Forum List

Back