What is your opinion of the MLB pitch clock?

jack3

Apr 17, 2024
N Florida
I am not a fan. I inadvertently saw a piece about it the other day. The article was mostly comments from pitchers. Most said it was contributing to more pitcher injuries this season. The pitchers said that rushing can throw off one's timing, and hence, cause injuries.

A few discussed recovery time between pitches. An example is just getting one's wind. They compared it to a weightlifter taking a few minutes between max lifts.

The conventional thinking and my observation is that pitchers like to throw quickly while hitters like to take their time. Perhaps this pitch clock is too quick.

If you don't know, the pitch clock went from 20 seconds to 18 seconds (with men on base). The 15 second clock did not change.

He could be an Injun or a Hindu.

I know I've seen that symbol somewhere before, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Off topic.

There 'is' no joy in Mudville, now that Trump can't be struck out.

I am not a fan. I inadvertently saw a piece about it the other day. The article was mostly comments from pitchers. Most said it was contributing to more pitcher injuries this season. The pitchers said that rushing can throw off one's timing, and hence, cause injuries.

A few discussed recovery time between pitches. An example is just getting one's wind. They compared it to a weightlifter taking a few minutes between max lifts.
Bout time, no one needs to take more than 30 seconds to adjust all their arm, and leg protection, both gloves, and grab their crotch between every pitch!@

Bout time, no one needs to take more than 30 seconds to adjust all their arm, and leg protection, both gloves, and grab their crotch between every pitch!@
I'm trying to think of the batter who actually did that every at bat. I think he would, among other things, adjust the batting glove Velcro between every single pitch. Red Sox guy, I think.

I'm trying to think of the batter who actually did that every at bat. I think he would, among other things, adjust the batting glove Velcro between every single pitch. Red Sox guy, I think.
The game had become way to slow in my opinion!

Just thought of it.

oRWWnW.gif

The game had become way to slow in my opinion!
I understand that. I never liked catchers looking in the dugout to get the pitch call from the coach. I haven't really yet tracked how catchers have reacted to the pitch clock. Seems they have to do more work now and know their pitchers and the other teams' hitters!

I very much dislike the clock. If a batter is taking too much time, fiddling tell the pitcher to pitch and call the strike.

It was never about that though. It was about television and advertisers.

What's MLB?

I only watch football.

Not a fan.

Also not a fan of the ghost runner.

But I am in favor of extending the DH to the National League.

I don't like the DH. Takes out strategy. But I guess offense is the drawing card today, especially with all kinds of entertainment competing for your dollar.

Forum List

Back