Reps Frank and Paul to introduce bill ending federal mary jane prohibition

Has anyone heard of the synthetic pot and cocaine that is being sold "legally"?? I've heard of the pot but haven't known anyone that has used it.

But there's been some special undercover reports around our area (and i'm sure all over) about something called "bath salts" that is being sold. There's a vile of white powdery stuff inside, and it's not really cocaine, but people that use it do get high. It's sold in a tobacco store we have in town and there was an undercover news special that went to that store. So far nobody has been able to do anything about it because there's nothing illegal about it!

The herbal shit ? saliva ? its illegal here now. Have not tried it. I like the real deal, and the pho-stuff is expensive. I get a QP of brick weed for $75.00, that herbal stuff is $65 for what I think is an eighth ? Maybe some one here is more familiar with it.

As much as I agree with the legalization of pot, aren't there more pressing things? Like, I dunno, $14,000,000,000,000 debt and whatnot?

Sure. But I think ending the federal prohibition could save some federal tax dollars, and possibly increase tax revenue for states that would choose to legalize it.

yes I can see that, however, I am trying to square that, with...this;

images

6_540x405.jpg

Last edited:
Every time this subject comes up the first justification is how much money can be made to feed the beast. Yep legalise pot so that more money can be put into the hands of government. How about legalise the shit just because there is no real legitimate reason not to?

I'm all for that. But I think arguing for this bill on the basis of government spending could help bring some votes on board, especially with the way the political climate is now. Ending the prohibition can be a good litmus test for a consistent conservative, imo.
BZZZT!!!!

Sorry, contestant.

You'd used consistent & conservative in the same sentence.​

I hope it never becomes legal!!!!

I enjoy nothing more than watching whiny pothead losers whine about it. It's just a blast watching them squirm and try to reason us to death with why it should be legal!!!

KEEP IT BANNED HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Members of Congress to Introduce Historic Legislation Ending Marijuana Prohibition (Press Release) | StoptheDrugWar.org

WASHINGTON, DC - Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) and Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) will introduce bi-partisan legislation tomorrow, June 23, ending the federal war on marijuana and letting states legalize, regulate, tax, and control marijuana without federal interference. Other co-sponsors include Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN), Rep. Jared Polis (D-CO), and Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA). The legislation would limit the federal government’s role in marijuana enforcement to cross-border or inter-state smuggling, allowing people to legally grow, use or sell marijuana in states where it is legal. The legislation is the first bill ever introduced in Congress to end federal marijuana prohibition.

Leading critics of the war on marijuana will explain its significance for state and national marijuana policy at a national tele-press conference on Thursday.

What: Tele-Press Conference on the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011

When:Thursday, June 23. 2:00pm EST / 11am PST

:clap2:

Interesting and about time..

Typical liberal and loser montra. Can't deal with lifes issues? Resort to drugs.

Just like the left. Let's legalize drugs for money despite the fact that it will have 0 positive influence on the population at large. Typical run from your problems rather than deal with them in a constructive manner. We have so many problems right now and they want to open this can of worms?

And co-authoring legislation with Paul does not make it bipartisan. And Frank in my opinion was the ring leader taking our economy down the drain so do we really think he has anything meaningful to offer to fix it? Hell no, he has yet to realize the damage he's done to begin with. In fact I'd go so far as to say the people that elected him bear some of the responsibility of this because he fucked everything up and was then re-elected. What a bunch of imbeciles.

As much as I agree with the legalization of pot, aren't there more pressing things? Like, I dunno, $14,000,000,000,000 debt and whatnot?

Allowing states to enforce and tax the sale, cultivation, possession and use makes sense and cents.

Law enforcement including police, Prosecutors, Public Defenders, Probation and the courts will all save money and/or be able to better use limited funds if Marijuana (MJ) is removed from Schedule I, and treated the same as alcohol or tobacco - two much more dangerous drugs.

States can continue the prohibition of MJ or regulate it as they see fit. Keep in mind that MJ is a multi-billion dollar black market generally run for profit by organized crime.

Ask any cop if he'd rather arrest someone drunk or high on MJ?

Our roads are filled with drivers impaired, most officers and all traffic officers are trained in determinating impairment by the use of Field Sobriety Tests. MJ can be detected with a simple urine test which takes less than a minute. Officer testimony and a urine test (along with the new video's taken from our officer's car) should be sufficient evidence to secure a conviction.

MJ is no more of a geteway drug than is milk. Kids are introduced to MJ by other kids, who also introduce tobacco and alcohol to their peers. Taking MJ out of the black market will reduce the contact between the criminal element which today controls that market. An underground market will still exist, but will mitigate kids contact with the career criminal.

The war on drugs is a total failure. The more people realize the harm and cost of this failed policy the sooner the powers that be will stop demagoguing the issue and try new means of regulation and control.

I enjoy nothing more than watching whiny pothead losers whine about it. It's just a blast watching them squirm and try to reason us to death with why it should be legal!!!

I am at this moment putting a light to a big fat hooter in your honer.:420:

Sure. But I think ending the federal prohibition could save some federal tax dollars, and possibly increase tax revenue for states that would choose to legalize it.

Not to mention all the space it will free up in our prisons for the real bad guys.
....And, possibly free-up a few research-buck$ to minimize....

Granted, that'd have a negative-impact on "conservatives'" need to sate their sadistic-tendencies (to see other people suffering).....but, FUCK them.​

And this would help the problem, so you should be for it.

Yeah, stick a $1,000/lb tax on pot... at 1,000,000 lbs per year... that's $1,000,000,000 per year in rvenues, hell let's do $2,000/lb... then it will only take 7,000 years to eliminat the deficit!

:razz:

Hey...average & low income people would NEVER be able to afford it....that's not fair! Lol! They will want to make money, and they wouldn't with taxes that high on it! People would still grow illegally and people will by it from them....
Illegally....you mean....controlling them just like beer & wine?

:eusa_eh:

It'd be the same deal; grow your own...no sales.​

Not to mention all the space it will free up in our prisons for the real bad guys.
....And, possibly free-up a few research-buck$ to minimize....

Granted, that'd have a negative-impact on "conservatives'" need to sate their sadistic-tendencies (to see other people suffering).....but, FUCK them.​

Ok man your posting method is fucking with my head. I no you can post normal I have seen you do it. Now, that said, legalizing it would mean quality control. That means no more brick !

Typical liberal and loser montra. Can't deal with lifes issues? Resort to drugs.

Just like the left. Let's legalize drugs for money despite the fact that it will have 0 positive influence on the population at large. Typical run from your problems rather than deal with them in a constructive manner. We have so many problems right now and they want to open this can of worms?

And co-authoring legislation with Paul does not make it bipartisan. And Frank in my opinion was the ring leader taking our economy down the drain so do we really think he has anything meaningful to offer to fix it? Hell no, he has yet to realize the damage he's done to begin with. In fact I'd go so far as to say the people that elected him bear some of the responsibility of this because he fucked everything up and was then re-elected. What a bunch of imbeciles.

Hehehe

They dont plan to fix it. That's why they are pushing to legalize pot. They are hoping the people start getting high legally so they can do whatever the heck they want without fixing problems.

Are you telling me that if pot becomes legal the deficit will never get fixed? Pot is illegal now and they still aren't trying to fix the deficit. Pot legalization is a win win across the board, how can people not see that.
This is no different than any other issue where there's a "conservative"-Absolute involved.

In their eyes, marijuana is DANGEROUS; NO QUESTION!! It's one o' those Absolutes they were "raised"-on.

If they're confronted with the possibility that Absolute has always been bullshit....there's ALSO a possibility that MANY of the Absolutes (they've treasured) are ALSO bullshit....like their issues of FAITH....and, they SURE-as-Hell aren't ready for any trip down THAT road!!!!!

judgment_day_terror.jpg

Good answer, good answer!

Save SOME federal Tax Dollars? That is an entire wing of the DEA that can be shut down or moved over into the realm of much more dangerous drugs... AND.... there will be how many tens of thousands of Incarcerated Marijuana offenders(of the non-violent variety of course), who would no longer be in prison on the tax payer dollar(they should be immediately released).. that's a huge savings.... and finally... as you said, tax the piss out of it and use those proceeds to help the deficit.

Has anyone heard of the synthetic pot and cocaine that is being sold "legally"?? I've heard of the pot but haven't known anyone that has used it.

But there's been some special undercover reports around our area (and i'm sure all over) about something called "bath salts" that is being sold. There's a vile of white powdery stuff inside, and it's not really cocaine, but people that use it do get high. It's sold in a tobacco store we have in town and there was an undercover news special that went to that store. So far nobody has been able to do anything about it because there's nothing illegal about it!

The herbal shit ? saliva ? its illegal here now. Have not tried it. I like the real deal, and the pho-stuff is expensive. I get a QP of brick weed for $75.00, that herbal stuff is $65 for what I think is an eighth ? Maybe some one here is more familiar with it.
That crap (much like ho-made "meth"; as-opposed-to clean pharmaceutical-methedrine), are the present-day version of "bathtub gin"; manufactured during.....

People are gonna get "loaded". It's human-nature....except for "moralists" & "conservatives"....who believe minimizing stress is a sin.

handjob.gif

People should have the option of doing-so, safely.

It's not rocket-science.​

yes I can see that, however, I am trying to square that, with...this;

images

6_540x405.jpg
Education seems to be covering that, much-more than Prohibition can ever manage.​

Sorry, asshole.

Your agenda is going-down-in-flames.

images

Fear not. I'm sure you'll manage to get your sadistic-kicks, somewhere else.

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back