Reps Frank and Paul to introduce bill ending federal mary jane prohibition

As much as I agree with the legalization of pot, aren't there more pressing things? Like, I dunno, $14,000,000,000,000 debt and whatnot?

Allowing states to enforce and tax the sale, cultivation, possession and use makes sense and cents.

Law enforcement including police, Prosecutors, Public Defenders, Probation and the courts will all save money and/or be able to better use limited funds if Marijuana (MJ) is removed from Schedule I, and treated the same as alcohol or tobacco - two much more dangerous drugs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQaNGUZB7DA]YouTube - ‪Cops Say Legalize Drugs (L.E.A.P.)‬‏[/ame]​

Not to mention all the space it will free up in our prisons for the real bad guys.
....And, possibly free-up a few research-buck$ to minimize....

Granted, that'd have a negative-impact on "conservatives'" need to sate their sadistic-tendencies (to see other people suffering).....but, FUCK them.​

Ok man your posting method is fucking with my head. I no you can post normal I have seen you do it. Now, that said, legalizing it would mean quality control. That means no more brick !
Not a prob!!!

Steaming those bricks, back in the early-'70s....to fluff-'em-up....was a major-PAIN!! (Although $135 lb does make them memorable!!! :eusa_drool: )

I think I could settle for home-grown....

bud.jpg

As much as I agree with the legalization of pot, aren't there more pressing things? Like, I dunno, $14,000,000,000,000 debt and whatnot?

Sure. But I think ending the federal prohibition could save some federal tax dollars, and possibly increase tax revenue for states that would choose to legalize it.

Save SOME federal Tax Dollars? That is an entire wing of the DEA that can be shut down or moved over into the realm of much more dangerous drugs...
Bingo!!!

They dont plan to fix it. That's why they are pushing to legalize pot. They are hoping the people start getting high legally so they can do whatever the heck they want without fixing problems.

sorry....for 95% of those who smoke it.....it dont work that way....nice try though.....but it is funny that a hell of a lot of those who dont get high.....let the Govt. do what they want without fixing anything....that is what you should worry about.....

I for one hope weed is NEVER legalized hahaha!!!

Why? Just spite. I get so much enjoyment from hearing potheads whine and cry about legalizing weed. It has become the #1 issue in their freakin lives. The Russians and Chinese could each launch nuclear bombs towards us, and while in mid-flight, seeing CNN running "Nuclear Attack Imminent" warnings, the potheads would still be crying "Legalize it maaaan!!!"

Screw potheads. In fact, pot use is equal to a credit check. Call it a social credit check. Sure, it's mostly harmless. But it's illegal. Do you show enough respect to laws and rules to follow them, even if you don't like them? If not, then your social credit score is low my friend!!!

If you aren't likely to respect a rule that could land you in jail, how likely are you to respect a law of my workplace? Not likely. If you're a pot smoker, I have no place for you on my payroll.
unless you drug test everyone then you dont know who is doing what on your payroll......do ya?.....

They dont plan to fix it. That's why they are pushing to legalize pot. They are hoping the people start getting high legally so they can do whatever the heck they want without fixing problems.

sorry....for 95% of those who smoke it.....it dont work that way....nice try though.....but it is funny that a hell of a lot of those who dont get high.....let the Govt. do what they want without fixing anything....that is what you should worry about.....

The problem is.... there is legitimate plans to "fix"(or at least help fix) things. Universal Health Care with price regulation would be huge. Taxing our most capable people at a slightly higher rate would be huge. Cutting out favorable "legislation buying" by our Corporate and banking community(Banks alone make up approximately 40% of all campaign contributions) would be incredible.

But your side turns a blind eye to all of that. You seem to think it's all about fucking the middle and working class out of benefits that they have been paying into their whole lives.... SS and Medicare. Sure, it will cut the debt... but at what cost? Does it even matter to you?

Gee.....another evangelical mind-reader.

Isn't that supposed to be a sin?

handjob.gif

Dont need to read minds. I read history. When governments want to abuse power and control people they encourage behavior like this.

And im not Evangelical in the least.

How is reading minds a sin?

i got news for ya Avatar......Govts dont need to encourage behavior "like this" to abuse their power.....they would attempt that even if we were all straight laced little mommas boys and girls....

The thread: Reps Frank and Paul to introduce bill ending federal mary jane prohibition.

WATCH OUT MICHELLE !!!!

If Bwarney Fwank and the kook Paul open that door to Fed sponsored Queer "Marriage"................Obami Salaami might divorce you and marry Larry Sinclair !!!

Last edited:

Allowing states to enforce and tax the sale, cultivation, possession and use makes sense and cents.

Law enforcement including police, Prosecutors, Public Defenders, Probation and the courts will all save money and/or be able to better use limited funds if Marijuana (MJ) is removed from Schedule I, and treated the same as alcohol or tobacco - two much more dangerous drugs.

States can continue the prohibition of MJ or regulate it as they see fit. Keep in mind that MJ is a multi-billion dollar black market generally run for profit by organized crime.

Ask any cop if he'd rather arrest someone drunk or high on MJ?

Our roads are filled with drivers impaired, most officers and all traffic officers are trained in determinating impairment by the use of Field Sobriety Tests. MJ can be detected with a simple urine test which takes less than a minute. Officer testimony and a urine test (along with the new video's taken from our officer's car) should be sufficient evidence to secure a conviction.

MJ is no more of a geteway drug than is milk. Kids are introduced to MJ by other kids, who also introduce tobacco and alcohol to their peers. Taking MJ out of the black market will reduce the contact between the criminal element which today controls that market. An underground market will still exist, but will mitigate kids contact with the career criminal.

The war on drugs is a total failure. The more people realize the harm and cost of this failed policy the sooner the powers that be will stop demagoguing the issue and try new means of regulation and control.

here Wry me and you are in total agreement......

I'm baffled at the timing of this by Ron Paul. He can't make it through a debate without drug legalization being brought up, and what does he do? He gives everyone a reason to focus on something so trivial--trivial compared to all the other issues.

But your side turns a blind eye to all of that. You seem to think it's all about fucking the middle and working class out of benefits that they have been paying into their whole lives.... SS and Medicare. Sure, it will cut the debt... but at what cost? Does it even matter to you?

my side.....ok this i gotta hear.....whats MY SIDE Steel?......

my side.....ok this i gotta hear.....whats MY SIDE Steel?......

Well, I was assuming that you were a Conservative... but after scrolling through, to get to your response... perhaps I was mistaken.

Apologies... allow me to rephrase...replace "your side" with "the conservative side".

Amazing how many grown adults need a mind altering substance to enhance their lives.. Pathetic and telling.. NO ONE but potheads which include leftists and liberaltarians want to see any drug legalized.

I'm baffled at the timing of this by Ron Paul. He can't make it through a debate without drug legalization being brought up, and what does he do? He gives everyone a reason to focus on something so trivial--trivial compared to all the other issues.

Ron Paul baffles a lot of people because he really cares about freedom - much more than he cares about bullshitting the media or winning elections on false pretense. You might think that's why he'll never be president, and sadly, you might be right. But if that kind of integrity is considered 'crazy' by the conventional political wisdom, it says something really unfortunate about the conventional political wisdom.

Last edited:
NO ONE but potheads which include leftists and liberaltarians want to see any drug legalized.

Really? You really believe that only 'potheads' are in favor of legalization?

What have you been smoking?

I haven't smoked pot regularly since I was 22. I am now 46... and yes... if it were legalized, I may take a hit or two every once in a while, but there's a reason I quit.... It always made me paranoid. Towards the end, it was almost like a panic attack... I then realized that it was not much fun anymore.. so I stopped... for the most part. I found out a little later that I could take a hit or two and be OK... but if I took any more than that, those old symptoms would reappear. I just made the choice to just not smoke it at all.

But anyway.... even though I rarely even take a hit of pot, and have never been a die hard smoker...I understand the effects and the appeal of the drug. It is less harmful(physiologically) than alcohol. So that in itself makes it safer than alcohol... it is a very simple issue of prohibition that has now gotten to the point of "the will of the people".

In a Democracy.... the will of the people is paramount... so therefore... I am OK with it.

Amazing how many grown adults need a mind altering substance to enhance their lives.. Pathetic and telling.. NO ONE but potheads which include leftists and liberaltarians want to see any drug legalized.
MissedTarget---small.jpg

As usual, you couldn't hit your ass with both hands even while having a proctologist for a tour guide.

Forum List

Back