Reps Frank and Paul to introduce bill ending federal mary jane prohibition

Amazing how many grown adults need a mind altering substance to enhance their lives.. Pathetic and telling.. NO ONE but potheads which include leftists and liberaltarians want to see any drug legalized.
MissedTarget---small.jpg

As usual, you couldn't hit your ass with both hands even while having a proctologist for a tour guide.

As if your opinion meant anything to me. LOL Look at all the druggies taking offense.. :clap2::clap2:

NO ONE but potheads which include leftists and liberaltarians want to see any drug legalized.

Really? You really believe that only 'potheads' are in favor of legalization?

What have you been smoking?

I haven't smoked pot regularly since I was 22. I am now 46... and yes... if it were legalized, I may take a hit or two every once in a while, but there's a reason I quit.... It always made me paranoid. Towards the end, it was almost like a panic attack... I then realized that it was not much fun anymore.. so I stopped... for the most part. I found out a little later that I could take a hit or two and be OK... but if I took any more than that, those old symptoms would reappear. I just made the choice to just not smoke it at all.

But anyway.... even though I rarely even take a hit of pot, and have never been a die hard smoker...I understand the effects and the appeal of the drug. It is less harmful(physiologically) than alcohol. So that in itself makes it safer than alcohol... it is a very simple issue of prohibition that has now gotten to the point of "the will of the people".

In a Democracy.... the will of the people is paramount... so therefore... I am OK with it.

I can't imagine what Abraham Lincoln would say to you.. Let's hear it for drugs and Air Traffic controllers.. Don't we all feel so safe knowing it would now be legal for them to be stoned and come to work? School bus drivers.. just get blitzed out of your mind before transporting kids.. .. IT'S ALL GOOD ~ The Liberaltarians and Liberals said so.

As much as I agree with the legalization of pot, aren't there more pressing things? Like, I dunno, $14,000,000,000,000 debt and whatnot?

Sure. But I think ending the federal prohibition could save some federal tax dollars, and possibly increase tax revenue for states that would choose to legalize it.

Save SOME federal Tax Dollars? That is an entire wing of the DEA that can be shut down or moved over into the realm of much more dangerous drugs... AND.... there will be how many tens of thousands of Incarcerated Marijuana offenders(of the non-violent variety of course), who would no longer be in prison on the tax payer dollar(they should be immediately released).. that's a huge savings.... and finally... as you said, tax the piss out of it and use those proceeds to help the deficit.

And it is not just the drug that would be legalized, but states could opt to legalize industrial hemp. HUGE money potential in hemp...food, fuel, fiber.

Last edited:
But your side turns a blind eye to all of that. You seem to think it's all about fucking the middle and working class out of benefits that they have been paying into their whole lives.... SS and Medicare. Sure, it will cut the debt... but at what cost? Does it even matter to you?

my side.....ok this i gotta hear.....whats MY SIDE Steel?......

Well, I was assuming that you were a Conservative... but after scrolling through, to get to your response... perhaps I was mistaken.

Apologies... allow me to rephrase...replace "your side" with "the conservative side".

it depends on the issue what i am......on this topic i am for treating Pot like the two major killers of people that are now legal....

As much as I agree with the legalization of pot, aren't there more pressing things? Like, I dunno, $14,000,000,000,000 debt and whatnot?

Um, we spend Literally Billions as a nation each and every Year fighting Illegal Pot. So you could say this is part of addressing the Debt issue.

:)

The Federal Prohibition of Weed is a massive waste of Money. It's a damn Plant man. Many Experts agree it is less harmful than Drinking. Yet we spend Billions of Dollars Keeping offenders in Jail, Hiring them Public Defenders, and Enforcing the laws. All for very little gain as the USE of weed has not been impacted and has in fact only grown.

Decriminalize. Tax it's sale, Charge for licenses to distribute, and be done with it.

And while your at it, Freaking Develop an industrial Hemp Industry in America for gods sake.

Last edited:
Amazing how many grown adults need a mind altering substance to enhance their lives.. Pathetic and telling.. NO ONE but potheads which include leftists and liberaltarians want to see any drug legalized.

you mean like Alcohol ?.........and are you saying NO Conservatives Smoke Pot?.....:eusa_eh:......

Um, we spend Literally Billions as a nation each and every Year fighting Illegal Pot. So you could say this is part of addressing the Debt issue.

:)

The Federal Prohibition of Weed is a massive waste of Money. It's a damn Plant man. Many Experts agree it is less harmful than Drinking. Yet we spend Billions of Dollars Keeping offenders in Jail, Hiring them Public Defenders, and Enforcing the laws. All for very little gain as the USE of weed has not been impacted and has in fact only grown.

Decriminalize. Tax it's sale, Charge for licenses to distribute, and be done with it.

And while your at it, Freaking Develop an industrial Hemp Industry in America for gods sake.

I'm not against legalizing it at all. As for its affect on the debt, let's say there are, I dunno, 10,000,000 lbs a year consumed (and that's a stretch). Let's put a $1,000/lb tax on it. That will generate $10,000,000,000 a year. So, that's 1,400 years to pay off the debt.

I dunno man...

NO ONE but potheads which include leftists and liberaltarians want to see any drug legalized.

Really? You really believe that only 'potheads' are in favor of legalization?

What have you been smoking?

I haven't smoked pot regularly since I was 22. I am now 46... and yes... if it were legalized, I may take a hit or two every once in a while, but there's a reason I quit.... It always made me paranoid. Towards the end, it was almost like a panic attack... I then realized that it was not much fun anymore.. so I stopped... for the most part. I found out a little later that I could take a hit or two and be OK... but if I took any more than that, those old symptoms would reappear. I just made the choice to just not smoke it at all.

But anyway.... even though I rarely even take a hit of pot, and have never been a die hard smoker...I understand the effects and the appeal of the drug. It is less harmful(physiologically) than alcohol. So that in itself makes it safer than alcohol... it is a very simple issue of prohibition that has now gotten to the point of "the will of the people".

In a Democracy.... the will of the people is paramount... so therefore... I am OK with it.

i knew a lot of guys who had the Paranoia thing.....did not like getting high with them....:lol:......as long as you got less than an Oz out here and dont smoke it publicly or drive under the influence..... the Paranoia thing is getting kinda moot....

I can't imagine what Abraham Lincoln would say to you.. Let's hear it for drugs and Air Traffic controllers.. Don't we all feel so safe knowing it would now be legal for them to be stoned and come to work? School bus drivers.. just get blitzed out of your mind before transporting kids.. .. IT'S ALL GOOD ~ The Liberaltarians and Liberals said so.

and where in the hell did you pick up that bullshit?......Alcohol is legal,do they come to work drunk?...and if they did what happens?......

Abraham Lincoln and Air Traffic Controllers? Nice connection there sis.

Who said it would be legal to be stoned at work? Oh that's right.... YOU. So it must be true!

I'm baffled at the timing of this by Ron Paul. He can't make it through a debate without drug legalization being brought up, and what does he do? He gives everyone a reason to focus on something so trivial--trivial compared to all the other issues.

Perhaps he's just a man of principle?

Perhaps he just reasons that the marijuana issue truly needs to be finally resolved.

It is after all, one of the more egregious civil rights violations that this nation foists on its citizens.

Coming up to the plate with a .000 batting average is LGS

As if your opinion meant anything to me. LOL Look at all the druggies taking offense.. <snip>

img_1718.jpg

silly broad whiffed on all three swings

Last edited:
I'm baffled at the timing of this by Ron Paul. He can't make it through a debate without drug legalization being brought up, and what does he do? He gives everyone a reason to focus on something so trivial--trivial compared to all the other issues.
Well.....except to those folks, sittin'-in-The-Can, for buyin' & sellin' a goddamned weed.​

Amazing how many grown adults need a mind altering substance to enhance their lives.
bush_jackdaniels.thumbnail.jpg

"The marijuana laws can most directly be compared to the Prohibition-era laws, which didn’t work, undermined the law, and were capriciously enforced. Pot consumption varies, but not in correlation with the laws’ throw-weight. If you buy an ounce in New York State, that could bring you a fine of $l00; in Louisiana, a jail sentence of 20 years. Ed Rosenthal is quoted by author Schlosser. Will the laws in America dissipate, as they have done in Europe? He doesn’t think so. “They’ve made the laws so brittle, one day they’re going to break.” The whole edifice of prohibition would come down, he predicted, “like the fall of the Berlin Wall.” Schlosser nicely summarized Rosenthal’s prediction. “A group of powerful, white, middle-aged men will meet in a room to discuss what to do about marijuana. And they will reach the only logical conclusion: tax it.”

Like booze, some will then go on to abuse it, though with consequences less dire."

Sorry bout that,

1. Bad idea all around.
2. Dumb ass ron paul signed onto this crap too!
3. I think we need to shit can his ASS!!!
4. *CWN* speaks what *YOU* think.
5. Or should!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

This is a great opportunity for all those alleged 'states rights' proponents to put their money where their mouth is. What do you think the odds of that are?

Forum List

Back