Reps Frank and Paul to introduce bill ending federal mary jane prohibition

Nixon hated pot. He was a paranoid, racist, ignorant SOB. He associated it with homos, jews, communists, and moral decay.

To this day, pot is still a Schedule I drug and Obama's DOJ are raiding and arresting people.

The Drugs on War will continue. It is very profitable for the government, the CIA, and the bankers. There is no incentive for the government to end this useless 40 year war that will never be won, but loves to create violence, racism, injustice, and lower economic prosperity.
I'm sure they said/felt the same thing, during alcohol-Prohibition.

Everything's temporary.​

The biggest impediment to this happening is our overall acceptance of the outlawing of self-medication. If we legalize pot, or other 'recreational' drugs, how much sense does it make to restrict the purchase of all the other the medicines that currently require permission from a doctor (paying a premium to doctors and Big Pharma for the 'privilege') to get? This is what really scares them, that the corporations will lose their monopoly on the drug supply.
I don't agree with that.

Legalizing marijuana would appear as exactly what it is, the legalization of a primarily recreational substance which happens to have some medical usefulness but is not primarily a medication. More importantly and contrary to Reefer Madness propaganda, marijuana is essentially harmless. It is non-toxic and one cannot overdose on it, whereas the vast majority of prescription medications can effect serious harm if misused

The reason Big Pharma doesn't want marijuana legalized is it eventually will replace their most profitable product category, which is the broad variety of prescription tranquilizers. The fact is there is no better tranquilizer than marijuana. Its effect is superior to any other and it is not addictive or harmful to the liver.

The booze industry is also intimidated by the prospect of legal pot, which in time would seriously affect its bottom line. Marijuana is superior in every way to booze -- and it is harmless.

This is damn true. Too much lobbyism to allow a new entrant as big as pot into the market.
I've got a set of Encyclopedias printed in the early-'20s.

In one of them, there's a page with an article about the Earth's moon.

The text starts-out: "Of course, we all know man will never walk on the Moon, but...."

Everything's temporary.​

As much as I agree with the legalization of pot, aren't there more pressing things? Like, I dunno, $14,000,000,000,000 debt and whatnot?

They dont plan to fix it. That's why they are pushing to legalize pot. They are hoping the people start getting high legally so they can do whatever the heck they want without fixing problems.

I think Barney Frank just wants to get stoned legally.
So, what?

:eusa_eh:

You've got some kind o' Life-mission....

:eusa_eh:

As often as you've gotten your ass kicked (regarding Legalization).....

if im getting my ass kicked then so are you dipshit........i do believe we are both for legalizing it.....at least i think you are.....but then again you just may not be.....who knows with your posts what the hell your saying.....

yes I can see that, however, I am trying to square that, with...this;

images

6_540x405.jpg
Smoking is not the only way to use marijuana, nor is it the best way. It is the most common way because it's convenient and the least expensive way -- due to its illegality.

Have you ever eaten anything cooked or baked with marijuana oil? If not you'll be surprised at the difference. The problem is it takes a lot of leaf and bud material to extract the oil from. Legalizing marijuana would in time make competitively priced baked goods available and smoking the leaf and bud will soon become passe. So it may be accurately said that prohibition is the main reason why smoking marijuana is the most common means of usage.

Those brownie's and cookies can be very good. Many people prefer this over smoking it. Also in my medical marijuana state--comes in candy--pie and all kinds of edibiles. They even put out a Christmas receipe book.

Cooking it can be risky, because you are not sure how strong it will turn out. Vaporizing it is one of the safest, most effective was of consuming it.

Forum List

Back