Reps Frank and Paul to introduce bill ending federal mary jane prohibition

Sheldon

Apr 2, 2010
Members of Congress to Introduce Historic Legislation Ending Marijuana Prohibition (Press Release) | StoptheDrugWar.org

WASHINGTON, DC - Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) and Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) will introduce bi-partisan legislation tomorrow, June 23, ending the federal war on marijuana and letting states legalize, regulate, tax, and control marijuana without federal interference. Other co-sponsors include Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN), Rep. Jared Polis (D-CO), and Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA). The legislation would limit the federal government’s role in marijuana enforcement to cross-border or inter-state smuggling, allowing people to legally grow, use or sell marijuana in states where it is legal. The legislation is the first bill ever introduced in Congress to end federal marijuana prohibition.

Leading critics of the war on marijuana will explain its significance for state and national marijuana policy at a national tele-press conference on Thursday.

What: Tele-Press Conference on the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011

When:Thursday, June 23. 2:00pm EST / 11am PST

:clap2:

As much as I agree with the legalization of pot, aren't there more pressing things? Like, I dunno, $14,000,000,000,000 debt and whatnot?

As much as I agree with the legalization of pot, aren't there more pressing things? Like, I dunno, $14,000,000,000,000 debt and whatnot?

Sure. But I think ending the federal prohibition could save some federal tax dollars, and possibly increase tax revenue for states that would choose to legalize it.

They dont plan to fix it. That's why they are pushing to legalize pot. They are hoping the people start getting high legally so they can do whatever the heck they want without fixing problems.

Oh and get people out of jail who were busted for an ounce or two. Seriously, there are people doing years for 2 oz.'s.

Every little bit helps.

Police States aren't cheap to maintain

According to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) 7,225,800 people at yearend 2009 were on probation , in jail or prison , or on parole — about 3.1% of adults in the U.S. resident population.[7] [4] 2,292,133 were incarcerated in U.S. prisons and jails at year end 2009.[1] [3] [7] [4]

In 2006, $68,747,203,000 was spent on corrections.[62] "The average annual operating cost per state inmate in 2001 was $22,650, or $62.05 per day; among facilities operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, it was $22,632 per inmate, or $62.01 per day."[63]

Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And this would help the problem, so you should be for it.

Yeah, stick a $1,000/lb tax on pot... at 1,000,000 lbs per year... that's $1,000,000,000 per year in rvenues, hell let's do $2,000/lb... then it will only take 7,000 years to eliminat the deficit!

:razz:

Last edited:
LONG overdue! I can cross my fingers and hope it passes.I might even get toasted again once in a while (oh wait I do that now)!

I will also buy stock in crispy-cream and every Patatoe Chip brand I can afford! :eusa_whistle:

Good thing America has not become a fat nation yet! :eusa_eh:

Members of Congress to Introduce Historic Legislation Ending Marijuana Prohibition (Press Release) | StoptheDrugWar.org

WASHINGTON, DC - Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) and Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) will introduce bi-partisan legislation tomorrow, June 23, ending the federal war on marijuana and letting states legalize, regulate, tax, and control marijuana without federal interference. Other co-sponsors include Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN), Rep. Jared Polis (D-CO), and Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA). The legislation would limit the federal government’s role in marijuana enforcement to cross-border or inter-state smuggling, allowing people to legally grow, use or sell marijuana in states where it is legal. The legislation is the first bill ever introduced in Congress to end federal marijuana prohibition.

Leading critics of the war on marijuana will explain its significance for state and national marijuana policy at a national tele-press conference on Thursday.

What: Tele-Press Conference on the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011

LONG overdue! I can cross my fingers and hope it passes.I might even get toasted again once in a while (oh wait I do that now)!

I will also buy stock in crispy-cream and every Patatoe Chip brand I can afford! :eusa_whistle:

Hey, Dan Quayle.. it's potato.

:lol:

I for one hope weed is NEVER legalized hahaha!!!

Why? Just spite. I get so much enjoyment from hearing potheads whine and cry about legalizing weed. It has become the #1 issue in their freakin lives. The Russians and Chinese could each launch nuclear bombs towards us, and while in mid-flight, seeing CNN running "Nuclear Attack Imminent" warnings, the potheads would still be crying "Legalize it maaaan!!!"

Screw potheads. In fact, pot use is equal to a credit check. Call it a social credit check. Sure, it's mostly harmless. But it's illegal. Do you show enough respect to laws and rules to follow them, even if you don't like them? If not, then your social credit score is low my friend!!!

If you aren't likely to respect a rule that could land you in jail, how likely are you to respect a law of my workplace? Not likely. If you're a pot smoker, I have no place for you on my payroll.

You know what's weird, even though weed creates the munchies and all that, I've never actually met a fat stoner. It's not logical, but... :dunno:

And this would help the problem, so you should be for it.

Yes. Distracting people with drugs will help the problem.

Getting people out of prison for possession charges, taxing it, ending the war against it, all would help lower the debt. Leaving it illegal is a burden to the debt.

That'd depend on what your agenda is....like, maybe, making every effort to RETAIN U.S. taxpayers.​

"According to news reports, in Indianola, Iowa, a recent high school grad smoked some incense that was bought at a Des Moines mall and told friends "that he felt like he was in hell." Ninety minutes later he came home, took a family rifle, and killed himself. In Omaha a student stormed his high school in January and shot and killed the assistant principal and himself. Toxicology reports later indicated the presence of synthetic cannabinoids in his system."

Forum List

Back