Remember How Stupid Bush Was?

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has .. chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs
continue a pace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

Why does your kind insist on quoting Clinton on Iraq? Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and Clinton had the brains not to invade Iraq based on "speculation".

And the Democrats after 9/11? Their quotes are based on Intel provided by the White House. No one could know Republicans were so dirty they could lie to the American people and cause the death and maiming of tens of thousands of Americans for a "war for profit". We know now. We didn't know then. Take it from the "fool".

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
There are gaffes and there are gaffes. Some are just a momentary lapse, such as Palin calling the North Koreans our allies, or Obama talking about 57 states. Others are the result of local colloquialisms and accents, like the way bush* (and Carter) pronounced the word "nuclear". I can't get excited about these types of flubs. However, sometimes flubs can be revealing

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

"I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." --presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Watch video clip)

"Do you have blacks, too?" --to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake." --on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

And other gaffes reveal a blazing stupidity

"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees." --on "Good Morning America," Sept. 1, 2005, six days after repeated warnings from experts about the scope of damage expected from Hurricane Katrina

"I think I was unprepared for war." –on the biggest regret of his presidency, ABC News interview, Dec. 1, 2008

"Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." --discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson in 2003, as quoted by Robertson

"The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." --Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007

"Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip)

Bush Quotes - Top 50 Dumb Bush Quotes of All Time

Some Barack Obama quotes:

#6 From Obama's book, The Audacity of Hope: "I am not willing to have the state deny
American citizens a civil union that confers equivalent rights on such basic matters as
hospital visitation or health insurance coverage simply because the people they love are
of the same sex—nor am I willing to accept a reading of the Bible that considers an
obscure line in Romans to be more defining of Christianity than the Sermon on the
Mount."

#7 "I find it hard to believe that my God would consign four-fifths of the world to hell. I
can't imagine that my God would allow some little Hindu kid in India who never interacts
with the Christian faith to somehow burn for all eternity. That's just not part of my
religious makeup."

#8 "Those opposed to abortion cannot simply invoke God’s will--they have to explain why abortion violates some principle that is accessible to people of all faiths." #9 On his support for civil unions for gay couples: "If people find that controversial then I would just refer them to the Sermon on the Mount." #10 "I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people."

When asked to define sin, Barack Obama replied that sin is "being out of alignment with
my values." "My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." "And I am running for president, because the dreams of the American People can not be endangered anymore." "I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell
our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and
good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow
and our planet began to heal."

"I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of twelve or thirteen, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites." "To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically
active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and
structural feminists."

Many more quotes by the president: Obama's Words

Why does your kind insist on quoting Clinton on Iraq? Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and Clinton had the brains not to invade Iraq based on "speculation".

You'd think after 8 years, you'd stop with that strawman argument. No one ever argued that Iraq had anything to do with 9/11.

9/11 change the dynamic of international relations. We declared war on terrorism and nations that supported terrorism. Saddam's regime supported terrorism.

Kind of a no brainer.

You'd think after 8 years, you'd stop with that strawman argument. No one ever argued that Iraq had anything to do with 9/11.

9/11 change the dynamic of international relations. We declared war on terrorism and nations that supported terrorism. Saddam's regime supported terrorism.

Kind of a no brainer.

I beleive that was international terrorism.

"we will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them." President Bush.

Saddam was not harboring or aiding them was he?

He did support groups fighting in Palestine and in Iran. These groups did not have access to his more sophisticated weapons he got from is alliance with Raygun/Bush, nor were they a threat to the worlds remaining superpower.

Kind of a no brainer.

I beleive that was international terrorism.

"we will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them." President Bush.

Saddam was not harboring or aiding them was he?

He did support groups fighting in Palestine and in Iran. These groups did not have access to his more sophisticated weapons he got from is alliance with Raygun/Bush, nor were they a threat to the worlds remaining superpower.

Truth, however Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Yemen were.

bush knew that european powers were ready to amke deals with Iraq and would be moving their people and equipment in there, he had to invade before they did that or risk killing europeans which would look bad. And had those deals happened Iraq would have risen in economic statues, which he also could not abide.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back