Remember How Stupid Bush Was?

Im sure we will simply see a bunch of gaffes by President Bush posted up next.

Fact is people make mistakes in what they say. So you can't speak, that doesn't make you stupid. Some of the smartest men in the world cant speak. Stephen Hawking for one.

We should be looking at their character, the effect of their policies, and their leadership skills.

Bush had some issues. Obama has more. in both cases, we seem to be getting screwed.

To be completely fair, he and Napolitano have not only halted the rise in privacy, but eliminated it

I can't judge a man for stuttering to find the answer to a question. Public speaking is hard for the well trained.

The lies are to be expected, sadly.

And the jackass is a White Sox fan, not a Cubs fan, and that was the music for Monday night football.

All politicians speak so much and so often they are going to make mistakes or make idiot utterances but what gets me both during the election and during his first year was how much of the media played cheer leader for him like a bunch of love struck teen aged girls rather than doing the something that used to be called journalism. The best journalists are not fooled by eloquence because they love language and seek to make it serve truth and meaning.

Most of the speeches he gave during the campaign were eloquent sounding hallmark cards with very little substance and the media just swooned.

In a way Obama is now suffering from that love affair, the media created unrealistic expectations of him and now he has fallen to earth and had to govern, make real decisions and not just say inspiring sweet nothings.

Last edited:
All politicians speak so much and so often they are going to make mistakes or make idiot utterances but what gets me both during the election and during his first year was how much of the media played cheer leader for him like a bunch of love struck teen aged girls rather than doing the something that used to be called journalism. The best journalists are not fooled by eloquence because they love language and seek to make it serve truth and meaning.

Most of the speeches he gave during the campaign were eloquent sounding hallmark cards with very little substance and the media just swooned.

In a way Obama is now suffering from that love affair, the media created unrealistic expectations of him and now he has fallen to earth and had to govern, make real decisions and not just say inspiring sweet nothings.

It's true. If any of us had to speak in public that much we would make all kinds of gaffes.
But it sure is fun seeing the Bumbler in CHief get skewered after the big talking up all the media gave him. He has been way oversold to the American People.

On another note, nice to see you back here, Frogen. I had wondered what happened to you.

Yes.

Depending on what his real agenda was, he's either stupid, or he's stupid like a fox.

Since I cannot read minds, I really don't know which he is.

I suspect the latter, though, FWIW.

Yes.

Depending on what his real agenda was, he's either stupid, or he's stupid like a fox.

Since I cannot read minds, I really don't know which he is.

I suspect the latter, though, FWIW.

You didnt get the memo fro Rachel Maddow.
I'll repeat. Bush was a stupid figurehead. The real power was in Cheney and Richard Perle, who in turn were answerable to Israel's amen corner and the Vatican.
Got it?

Fact is people make mistakes in what they say. So you can't speak, that doesn't make you stupid. Some of the smartest men in the world cant speak. Stephen Hawking for one.

We should be looking at their character, the effect of their policies, and their leadership skills.

Bush had some issues. Obama has more. in both cases, we seem to be getting screwed.

By all means let us not look at gaffes and misspeaks. Let us turn our attention to simply fundamental lies. This is is very long but then it is no longer than the lies themselves. It is distressing that a list this long, on one subject, can be compiled in only eight years.

http://www.americanprogress.org/kf/priraqclaimfact1029.htm
Claims and Facts: Iraq-Al Qaeda Connections

SADDAM-AL QAEDA CONNECTION

CLAIM: There's overwhelming evidence there was a connection between al Qaeda and the Iraqi government. I am very confident that there was an established relationship there." - Vice President Cheney, 1/22/04

CLAIM: “The regime of Saddam Hussein cultivated ties to terror while it built weapons of mass destruction.” – President Bush's UN speech, 9/23/03

CLAIM: “Iraq [is] the central front in the war on terror.” – President Bush's UN speech, 9/23/03

CLAIM: “You can't distinguish between al-Qaida and Saddam.” – President Bush, 9/25/02

CLAIM: “There's no question that Saddam Hussein had al Qaeda ties.” – President Bush, 9/17/03

By all means let us not look at gaffes and misspeaks. Let us turn our attention to simply fundamental lies. This is is very long but then it is no longer than the lies themselves. It is distressing that a list this long, on one subject, can be compiled in only eight years.

http://www.americanprogress.org/kf/priraqclaimfact1029.htm
Claims and Facts: Iraq-Al Qaeda Connections

SADDAM-AL QAEDA CONNECTION

CLAIM: There's overwhelming evidence there was a connection between al Qaeda and the Iraqi government. I am very confident that there was an established relationship there." - Vice President Cheney, 1/22/04

CLAIM: “The regime of Saddam Hussein cultivated ties to terror while it built weapons of mass destruction.” – President Bush's UN speech, 9/23/03

CLAIM: “Iraq [is] the central front in the war on terror.” – President Bush's UN speech, 9/23/03

CLAIM: “You can't distinguish between al-Qaida and Saddam.” – President Bush, 9/25/02

CLAIM: “There's no question that Saddam Hussein had al Qaeda ties.” – President Bush, 9/17/03

And all of those are true. The "lie" is that they are lies.
ask the Czechs.

And all of those are true. The "lie" is that they are lies.
ask the Czechs.[/QUOTE]

The "Czeck thing" was also proven a lie.

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them.
That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear.
We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from USA but, what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S.Constitution and Laws, to take necessary actions, (including, if appropriate,
air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction
programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

Forum List

Back