Qur'an 2:136-137: Muslims plainly "AGAINST" those who don't believe as they believe

Anonymous1977

(NOT AFFILIATED WITH GROUP CALLED, "ANONYMOUS")
Nov 7, 2014
האי שלי
...so I was just reading Qur'an 2:136-137, and in reading it I saw very plainly that the Muslims are "AGAINST"/ supposed to be "AGAINST" those who don't believe as they believe...Qur'an 2:136-137:

"(136) Say ye:'We believe in Allah, and
The revelation given to us, and
To Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob,
And the decendents (children
Of Jacob) and that given to
Moses and Jesus and that given
To (all) Prophets from their Lord:
We make no difference
Between one and another of them:
And we bow to Allah (in Islam).'

"(137)So if they believe
As ye believe, they are indeed
On the right path; but if
They turn back, it is they
who are in schism; but Allah will
Suffice thee as AGAINST THEM,
And He is the All-Hearing,
The All-Knowing." (Yusuf Ali translation)

Here we can see that Muslims are "AGAINST"/are supposed to be "AGAINST" those who don't believe as they believe...

Any thoughts on this?

Leave it to muslims to interpret THEIR SCRIPTURAL WRITING -----the book was written in Arabic. Just ask some muslim who read it

Leave it to muslims to interpret THEIR SCRIPTURAL WRITING -----the book was written in Arabic. Just ask some muslim who read it

...actually they say that the Qur'an is a message for all men and they say that their God has made all men speak different languages. So, the verses that I cited are from their God's message to those whom he has made speak English...

EDIT - Unless one is contending that one must learn Arabic to get their God's message while the Qur'an says that their God only gives people messages in their own language (Qur'an 14:4.)

Last edited:
...so I was just reading Qur'an 2:136-137, and in reading it I saw very plainly that the Muslims are "AGAINST"/ supposed to be "AGAINST" those who don't believe as they believe...Qur'an 2:136-137:

We make no difference

"(137)So if they believe

Here we can see that Muslims are "AGAINST"/are supposed to be "AGAINST" those who don't believe as they believe...

Any thoughts on this?

Much of the Qur'an is a ripoff of the Jewish Tanach. As I understand it, they assert Jews and Christians had the right revelation as in their holy texts, but over time drfited away fromt his and into idolatry and whatever else. So God once again gave the 'true path' in the form of Islam. So reitterating much of what was said prior in the other two religions reflects this.

So that Qur'an says in numerous ways to oppose, or kill 'non-believers' isn't surprising as it says that in the Bible as well.

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

etc.

We make no difference

"(137)So if they believe

Any thoughts on this?
Just one question...So what is the BIG surprise?

We make no difference

"(137)So if they believe

Any thoughts on this?

The Quran promotes tribalism and divides humanity into believers and unbelievers in Muhammad's message.
It clearly says the curse of God is upon unbelievers and they will burn in eternal hellfire.
2.161 Those who reject Faith, and die rejecting,- on them is God's curse, and
the curse of angels, and of all mankind;

Last edited:
Interesting fact, Muslims kill non believers, Christians, Buddhists, Jews.......allow the person to to make the choice to believe or not as they so choose. So why is it that Muslims subscribe to the belief that violence is justified?

"He drew a circle that shut me out-
Heretic , rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him In !" - Edwin Markham

Love is the way to open people up.

Why not put those words into practice. Consider some overseas outreach in Syria, for example. Explain to an Islamist with an AK-47 how he is missing the love of the jeebus. I'm sure he'll open up.

Since it's the same chapter, what about Sura 2:98?
Since the call to build the Temple and journey to YeruShalem in procession is by and through the archangel who's name is in the Mikdash, then by not honoring the Al-Isra they are not listening nor obeying Michael (Shalem=the Evening Star=Night)
as if not obeying Allah-Sura2:98
So if they want to battle it's with themselves, which by the way they are doing, because without the head Imam (head of the host Michael) they are lost in their path.

We make no difference

"(137)So if they believe

Any thoughts on this?

It means the unbelievers always come against Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), for some reason.

The Quran promotes tribalism and divides humanity into believers and unbelievers in Muhammad's message.
It clearly says the curse of God is upon unbelievers and they will burn in eternal hellfire.
2.161 Those who reject Faith, and die rejecting,- on them is God's curse, and
the curse of angels, and of all mankind;
Yes, those unbelievers were blameworthy, because they were lying.

Interesting fact, Muslims kill non believers, Christians, Buddhists, Jews.......allow the person to to make the choice to believe or not as they so choose. So why is it that Muslims subscribe to the belief that violence is justified?

They don't. One's blood is sacred in Islam.

Islam does enjoin people to love God, and that entails loving the beloved of God, most dear to God, Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). You seek in vain in Christianity or Judaism for a true message of love, but you can't find it.

"Love of the Beloved (God, not Muhammad) is the day and the night
ANd we, like a thirsty fish in this stream, day and night...."

Rumi

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumi

Other saints of Islam:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Arabi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja'far_al-Sadiq
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabia_Basri
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayazid_Bastami
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Shafi‘i

"Love of the Beloved (God, not Muhammad) is the day and the night
ANd we, like a thirsty fish in this stream, day and night...."

Rumi

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumi

Other saints of Islam:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Arabi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja'far_al-Sadiq
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabia_Basri
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayazid_Bastami
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Shafi‘i
I see my post about Rumi's poem of sex between a woman and a donkey was deleted, as it well should be. The webpage is on the US National Library of Medicine; National Institutes of Health website if anyone is interested.

Christians have no true message of love? Are you joking?

what shows love more than God Almighty becoming a man and dying so His children might live?

He loved you so much He died for you. He who was perfectly just and had no need to suffer death did so that you might live.

He gave His life for His friends. If that's not love I don't know what is

what shows love more than God Almighty becoming a man and dying so His children might live?

He loved you so much He died for you. He who was perfectly just and had no need to suffer death did so that you might live.

You should not be pleased with such an idea of love.

You should not be pleased with such an idea of love.

Why? Sacrificial love is the greatest there is. It's the purest form there is. It's when you love someone so much you are willing to do anything for the happiness of the other. Even if it means giving your life to save theirs.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends (John 15:13)

This is what Jesus taught.

What did Mohammad sacrifice for others?

Forum List

Back