Quoting someone from the 'far right'

I agree that the GOP was highjacked by the religious right, but that does not mean the GOP IS the religious right.

For those of us who are fiscally conservative and socially liberal - and we make up a large portion of independents and the 'undecided' before big elections - pragmatism forces us to vote either [D] or [R], if we want our vote to count. For many of us, the lesser of two evils is to vote [R] because of our fiscal conservative views. If the Democratic Party wants to win these votes, perhaps attention to fiscal conservatism would be a good idea?

Just a thought.

Yeah I would agree but the Republicans are showing me they are even less fiscally responsible than the Democrats. And sadly, neither side has a clue about what to do about jobs in today's international marketplace.

With Revenue at 14.9% of GDP you better find a way to trim Social Security, Medicare or Defense drastically. And if Revenue stays at that percentage it will likely have to be 2 of the 3.
Honestly, I don't know who is fiscally more responsible, in general. Right now, it seems the GOP is but that will change.

Yes, both sides are clueless about jobs.

Trimming does need to happen. This is unsustainable.

What I learned from hanging out with deficit hawks

A David Walker speech is always worth listening to with care, for Mr. Walker is a reliable and thorough enumerator of popular deficit-scare themes. Three of these in particular caught my attention on Friday.

To my surprise, Walker began on a disarming note: he acknowledged that the level of our national debt is not actually high. In relation to GDP, it is only a bit over half of what it was in 1946. And to give more credit, the number Walker used, 63 percent, refers to debt held by the public, which is the correct construct -- not the 90+ percent figure for gross debt, commonly seen in press reports and in comparisons with other countries. The relevant number is today below where it was in the mid-1950s, and comparable to the early 1990s.

More

"Recently, the federal government has been recording the largest budget deficits, as a share of gross domestic product (GDP), since the end of World War II. "

....Director CBO.

"Recently, the federal government has been recording the largest budget deficits, as a share of gross domestic product (GDP), since the end of World War II. "

....Director CBO.

To my surprise, Walker began on a disarming note: he acknowledged that the level of our national debt is not actually high. In relation to GDP, it is only a bit over half of what it was in 1946.

WWII

World War II, or the Second World War (often abbreviated as WWII or WW2), was a global military conflict lasting from 1939 to 1945

....Director CBO.

To my surprise, Walker began on a disarming note: he acknowledged that the level of our national debt is not actually high. In relation to GDP, it is only a bit over half of what it was in 1946.

WWII

World War II, or the Second World War (often abbreviated as WWII or WW2), was a global military conflict lasting from 1939 to 1945
You're quite a defensive little whiner, aren't you?

:lol:

....Director CBO.

WWII

You are quite an insecure coward. Stand up or shut up.

WWII

Stand up to what? Your whining?

WHEN will we see or hear ANY of your 'claimed' social liberal beliefs?

It seems pretty clear that you have decided that social liberalism is not what you REALLY are, but it 'sounds' moderate.

Si modo said:
The GOP seems to be more socially conservative than the Dems, but that is not attractive to me. The Dems seem less fiscally conservative than the GOP right now.

So, what to do? Right now, the social conservatives don't seem like much of a threat to me but the fiscal liberals do.

I submit to you that the GOP you SAY you know was hijacked are not making fiscal proposals...they are SOCIAL engineered. They are social conservatives in sheep clothing.

And if they win this debate, people will DIE...literally, not figuratively. HOW do you justify THAT?

It seems pretty clear that you have decided that social liberalism is not what you REALLY are, but it 'sounds' moderate.

Si modo said:
The GOP seems to be more socially conservative than the Dems, but that is not attractive to me. The Dems seem less fiscally conservative than the GOP right now.

So, what to do? Right now, the social conservatives don't seem like much of a threat to me but the fiscal liberals do.

I submit to you that the GOP you SAY you know was hijacked are not making fiscal proposals...they are SOCIAL engineered. They are social conservatives in sheep clothing.

And if they win this debate, people will DIE...literally, not figuratively. HOW do you justify THAT?

If Dems win this debate will people STOP dying ?

You don't believe there is such a thing as a social liberal and fiscal conservative.

Plenty have seen my socially liberal views posted here, so there is no 'when' about it.

But, because some idiots believe they have never seen something, it doesn't exist.

I am pro-choice.

I am in favor of gay 'marriage'.

I am against the death penalty.

Do you want more?

You're speaking from ignorance, but that doesn't seem to stop you from doing it.

.... Si modo said:

Fearmonger much?

Si modo said:

If Dems win this debate will people STOP dying ?
That's what they want you to think.

You don't believe there is such a thing as a social liberal and fiscal conservative.

Plenty have seen my socially liberal views posted here, so there is no 'when' about it.

But, because some idiots believe they have never seen something, it doesn't exist.

I am pro-choice.

Do you want more?

You're speaking from ignorance, but that doesn't seem to stop you from doing it.

.... Si modo said:

Fearmonger much?

So, you have taken the typical right wing ignorant position...DENIAL.

If it happens, is it still fear-mongering? What the Republicans have proposed will cause DRASTIC cuts in education, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and other programs that meet crucial national needs. What do YOU believe will happen to the most vulnerable fellow citizens?

Oh, I KNOW...they will just EVAPORATE!!!

I am pro-choice.

Do you want more?

.... Si modo said:

Fearmonger much?

If it happens, is it still fear-mongering? What the Republicans have proposed will cause DRASTIC cuts in education, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and other programs that meet crucial national needs. What do YOU believe will happen to the most vulnerable fellow citizens?

:wtf:

I am pro-choice.

Do you want more?

Fearmonger much?

:wtf:

Your response proves there is not one PENNY of human capital in your thinking.

What we are talking about is that Social Security cuts would go into effect virtually immediately. Ten years from now, the typical 75-year-old person will see their Social Security benefits cut by $560 a year. The average 85-year-old will see a cut of $1,000 a year. Now, for some people here in Washington, maybe the big lobbyists who make hundreds of thousands a year, $560 a year or $1,000 a year may not seem like a lot of money, but if you are a senior trying to get by on $14,000, $15,000, $18,000 a year and you're 85 years old, the end of your life, you're totally vulnerable, you're sick -- a $1,000 per year cut in what you otherwise would have received is a major, major blow.

Hey, maybe great grandma can start a new career or just get a fucking job, the lazy ass bitch!

You shall rise up before the gray-headed and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the Lord.
Leviticus 19:32

I am pro-choice.

Do you want more?

.... Si modo said:

Fearmonger much?

Jesus, you have smoked way too much weed in your life. Not only do you have gaps in your understanding of everything, you apparently are unable to track for more than 2 seconds at a time. Or maybe at all.

I agree that the GOP was highjacked by the religious right, but that does not mean the GOP IS the religious right.

For those of us who are fiscally conservative and socially liberal - and we make up a large portion of independents and the 'undecided' before big elections - pragmatism forces us to vote either [D] or [R], if we want our vote to count. For many of us, the lesser of two evils is to vote [R] because of our fiscal conservative views. If the Democratic Party wants to win these votes, perhaps attention to fiscal conservatism would be a good idea?

Just a thought.

You bring up interesting points, Si modo. I suspect that you and I are not that far apart in political beliefs...it's just which part of each party we consider a deal breaker. To me...the current social conservative bent of the Republican party is MY deal breaker.

Just a thought.

You bring up interesting points, Si modo. I suspect that you and I are not that far apart in political beliefs...it's just which part of each party we consider a deal breaker. To me...the current social conservative bent of the Republican party is MY deal breaker.
It is pretty bad. (I've suspected the same, too.)

During the Bush administration, the social conservatives were scary.

Now, during this administration, the fiscal liberals are scary.

Maybe I am doomed to always being the opposition? :confused:

Just a thought.

It is pretty bad. (I've suspected the same, too.)

During the Bush administration, the social conservatives were scary.

Now, during this administration, the fiscal liberals are scary.

Maybe I am doomed to always being the opposition? :confused:

That's not necessarily a bad place to be.

Forum List

Back