Arizona republicans totally oppose abortion laws that they once supported

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

“I oppose today’s ruling,” added Kari Lake, a Republican running to represent Arizona in the US Senate and a Donald Trump loyalist. Lake called on the state legislature to “come up with an immediate commonsense solution that Arizonans can support”.

Of course their about face only came about once they realised that this stance costs them votes. It stinks of hypocrisy.

I have more respect for the nutty religious extremists than these trumper grifters. At least they are honest.

And so Arizona goes back 150 years.

“I oppose today’s ruling,” added Kari Lake, a Republican running to represent Arizona in the US Senate and a Donald Trump loyalist. Lake called on the state legislature to “come up with an immediate commonsense solution that Arizonans can support”.

Of course their about face only came about once they realised that this stance costs them votes. It stinks of hypocrisy.

I have more respect for the nutty religious extremists than these trumper grifters. At least they are honest.

Talk about self-sabotage. The AZ legislature is known for doing the exact opposite to what the people there want.

The people who passed the AZ law have been dead for over a century.

Pinning this on today's republicans is as intellectually dishonest as you can get.

GodHates.jpg

I live in AZ and not one republican in the state government wants a total ban on abortion.... this recommendation from the court will not stand and a bill will be reached... the court gave them 14 days to come up with an answer...

I presume you have a quote from Lake voicing her support for the 1864 law?

Lake does not support a total ban and anyone saying she does is a filthy liar....

I live in AZ and not one republican in the state government wants a total ban on abortion.... this recommendation from the court will not stand and a bill will be reached... the court gave them 14 days to come up with an answer...
And yet here we are.

Hey, looky there…the residents of a state are pushing back against what they deem is “too far”.

See, I told you all this would happen. I said “if the people of a state don’t like the current abortion laws, they can use their voice and vote ti change it”. Looks like some Arizonans have decided this most recent abortion ruling is a bridge too far.

Arizona is one of roughly a dozen states where voters may be able to directly decide abortion rights come November. Activists in the state have now collected more than half a million signatures in favor of giving Arizona residents a chance to vote on a ballot measure that would enshrine abortion rights into the state constitution.

The system is working. I said before that I think some states may enact some strict laws at first, but over time, many will be relaxed when they start seeing the effects those laws are having.

Talk about self-sabotage. The AZ legislature is known for doing the exact opposite to what the people there want.
I do not understand Democrats at all now. When I was one, they adored babies. Now they get angry and want them dead. Then they lie calling it reproductive health. A baby died. And to you you are more important to who?

Forum List

Back