Question for those that oppose requiring a photo ID for voting

Still nobody going to try and tackle the OP's question?

Thought I did.
Nope. You didn't. Try reading the question - it is for people who oppose requiring a photo ID for voting.

No problemo with it..so long as it's free and very easy to get. And registration for the vote is not required..or same day.
I am afraid of the answer I will get, but...

Why do you oppose voter registration?

Of course, an ID requirement as Sallow described it would defeat the purpose for which the Republicans are pushing this sort of measure, in that it would probably INCREASE voter turnout (due to the publicity involved with mailing ID cards out to everyone and campaigns to make sure homeless people pick up theirs, etc.). So such a measure would never be pushed by the people pushing voter ID laws now.

Of course, an ID requirement as Sallow described it would defeat the purpose for which the Republicans are pushing this sort of measure, in that it would probably INCREASE voter turnout (due to the publicity involved with mailing ID cards out to everyone and campaigns to make sure homeless people pick up theirs, etc.). So such a measure would never be pushed by the people pushing voter ID laws now.

I think my stance just showed you how wrong you are... hence why you ignored it and continued your little hyper-partisan tirade

Still nobody going to try and tackle the OP's question?

Thought I did.
Nope. You didn't. Try reading the question - it is for people who oppose requiring a photo ID for voting.

No problemo with it..so long as it's free and very easy to get. And registration for the vote is not required..or same day.
I am afraid of the answer I will get, but...

Why do you oppose voter registration?

Why?

Voting should be easy. I actually think it should be mandatory. Like Jury Duty.

You guys think everyone is fucking stupid.

But voter supression is easy to see.

Do you support the requirement that people show a photo ID to buy a gun?
If so, how then can you oppose the same requirement in order to vote?

So long as it is free..and the voter registeration requirement is either removed..or made same day..

I'm fine with it.

IDs should be mailed to everyone's home.

And the homeless should be able to pick them up with no troubles.

You good with that?
How can you register someone to vote same day and still verify their eligibility to vote?

You can't. And you know that.

I think my stance just showed you how wrong you are... hence why you ignored it and continued your little hyper-partisan tirade
Pay him no heed - his posts are guided by the voices of Hobbits.

So long as it is free..and the voter registeration requirement is either removed..or made same day..

I'm fine with it.

You good with that?
How can you register someone to vote same day and still verify their eligibility to vote?

Course you can.

With the Photo ID..silly. :D

Voting is a fundamental right; owning a firearm is not – two different standards of judicial review.

Also, one’s citizenship is confirmed at registration, there’s no need to confirm it again and again with every vote, year after year.

Last, the state can offer a compelling governmental reason for checking ID when purchasing a firearm, which is not the case with voting – i.e., addressing ‘fraud.’

In 2005, the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that up to 3 percent of the 30,000 individuals called for jury duty from voter registration rolls over a two-year period in just one U.S. district court were not U.S. citizens.[1] While that may not seem like many, just 3 percent of registered voters would have been more than enough to provide the winning presidential vote margin in Florida in 2000.​
I believe you were spewing nonsense about citizenship being verified at registration...?

And again...without showing ID, how do you know the person who's voting is the person who registered?

Hint: You don't.

Good pwnage
Thank you. As yet, Jones has not responded.

Pay him no heed - his posts are guided by the voices of Hobbits.
Hobbits are smarter.

I'm fine with it.

You good with that?

Indeed - and this is why I asked what I asked.

Registration of the voter and verification of the person claiming to be that registered voter are absolutely essential for the right to vote to have any meaning whatsoever.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back