Question for those that oppose requiring a photo ID for voting

You have to be kidding me.... NO ONE that opposes requring a photo ID for voting wants to try to tackle this one?

It has you THAT stumped?

Shouldn't that at least make you reconsider your opposition?

I mean, if you're honest...

Well, I'll take a stab at it.

A person with a gun that's registered to someone else can kill someone, wipe the prints off and ditch the weapon... thereby taking a human life and putting the person who's name the shooter used in a potential Criminal situation....

A person who votes without ID can, at the very worst....screw up a local, or perhaps(with a huge amount of luck) a State election.

Huge difference.

Go ahead with your voter ID laws and overenthusiastic roll purges and crappy gerrymandering and citizen's united and locked door vote counts and all the other crap that adds up to the same old republican vote rigging and your candidate will still lose, with a long tradition of that shit no wonder you think Obama cheated.

Go ahead with your voter ID laws and overenthusiastic roll purges and crappy gerrymandering and citizen's united and locked door vote counts and all the other crap that adds up to the same old republican vote rigging and your candidate will still lose, with a long tradition of that shit no wonder you think Obama cheated.
Yeah, because no Chicago Democrat ever threw an election! :rofl:

A person with a gun that's registered to someone else can kill someone, wipe the prints off and ditch the weapon... thereby taking a human life and putting the person who's name the shooter used in a potential Criminal situation....

A person who votes without ID can, at the very worst....screw up a local, or perhaps(with a huge amount of luck) a State election.

Huge difference.

Yeah cause voting bad leaders in doesnt kill people...

Huge difference.

First off.... Voter fraud doesn't dictate good or bad in a leader... just the potential of a person getting elected. That's personal deflection on your part.... second... that potential of a person who wields enough power to get people killed is miniscule.

Huge difference.

First off.... Voter fraud doesn't dictate good or bad in a leader... just the potential of a person getting elected. That's personal deflection on your part.... second... that potential of a person who wields enough power to get people killed is miniscule.

yes. because the 20th century is filled with examples of people who have power not getting people killed.

yes. because the 20th century is filled with examples of people who have power not getting people killed.

I am saying that a person who wields enough power to get people killed getting elected due to voter fraud is miniscule... I guess I wrote that up wrong... sorry.

Huge difference.
Welll sure.

"Screwing up the election" devalues the rights of, and thus, harms -everyone- that voted in that election -- as such, it's far, far worse than what you decribed in regards to the gun.

So, what was your point?

Last edited:
I'm sorry - I didnt see the part where you actually addressed the issue at hand.

Partisan bigotry got your tongue, or did you not understand what was put to you?

Last edited:

If we win because the elections are conducted fairly, are you going to stage your widdle wevowution, kid?

I've showing my ID for years with my picture on it = drivers license

This is more government not less government....

Do you support the requirement that people show a photo ID to buy a gun?
If so, how then can you oppose the same requirement in order to vote?

Voting is a fundamental right; owning a firearm is not – two different standards of judicial review.

Also, one’s citizenship is confirmed at registration, there’s no need to confirm it again and again with every vote, year after year.

Last, the state can offer a compelling governmental reason for checking ID when purchasing a firearm, which is not the case with voting – i.e., addressing ‘fraud.’

if one person who is not actually eligible to vote, votes, it negates MY fucking vote. So even 1 fraudulent vote is too many.

What makes your vote so special? There are eligible voters who will be turned away on a mere chickenshit technicality, are their votes worth it to you? Does the possibility that many of those will be democratic votes bother you in the least? By your logic every democratic vote turned away makes your vote count for more but I guess that is the point in the first place.

Last edited:

Huge difference.

How does one go about registering a gun?
I have 2 pistols, a rifle, and a shotgun. All of which I've bought legally.
None, however, are "registered.

if one person who is not actually eligible to vote, votes, it negates MY fucking vote. So even 1 fraudulent vote is too many.

What makes your vote so special? There are eligible voters who will be turned away on a mere chickenshit technicality, are their votes worth it to you? Does the possibility that many of those will be democratic votes bother you in the least? By your logic every democratic vote turned away makes your vote count for more but I guess that is the point in the first place.
What's so special about the vote of someone who doesn't have their shit together enough to get an ID? Do you think someone who can't be bothered to get an ID is going to bother to educate themselves on the issues and the candidates? And doesn't the fact that you assume that those voters are going to more than likely be Democrats tend to say a lot about the overall intelligence and state of being informed on issues and events, and none of what it says is good?

Did you even stop for a moment and think about just how stupid and lazy your post assumes Democratic voters are?? :rofl:

Do you support the requirement that people show a photo ID to buy a gun?
If so, how then can you oppose the same requirement in order to vote?

Voting is a fundamental right; owning a firearm is not – two different standards of judicial review.

Also, one’s citizenship is confirmed at registration, there’s no need to confirm it again and again with every vote, year after year.

Last, the state can offer a compelling governmental reason for checking ID when purchasing a firearm, which is not the case with voting – i.e., addressing ‘fraud.’

In 2005, the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that up to 3 percent of the 30,000 individuals called for jury duty from voter registration rolls over a two-year period in just one U.S. district court were not U.S. citizens.[1] While that may not seem like many, just 3 percent of registered voters would have been more than enough to provide the winning presidential vote margin in Florida in 2000.​
I believe you were spewing nonsense about citizenship being verified at registration...?

And again...without showing ID, how do you know the person who's voting is the person who registered?

Hint: You don't.

Forum List

Back