Question for Dims about the wall

The non-partisan Center for Migration Studies says that about 42% of the undocumented population in 2014 were overstays, so not quite half. The same study shows that an increasing number are fleeing violence in Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, and coming here for asylum.
The 2,000 Mile Wall in Search of a Purpose: Since 2007 Visa Overstays have Outnumbered Undocumented Border Crossers by a Half Million - The Center for Migration Studies of New York (CMS)

The Border Patrol says also that the number of attempted sneakers-in is the lowest it's been since 1971, and continuing to drop, as of 2017.
https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/f...thwest Border Sector Apps FY1960 - FY2017.pdf

And Pew shows us that the number of undocumented immigrants is dropping.
5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S.

I think that with the rate of entry and number of undocumented immigrants already here both dropping, and the fact that I think it is our moral responsibility to allow those claiming asylum at least a hearing, a wall is the wrong way to approach the issue. The money spent on it would be better spent on additional agents, technology, and immigration judges than on an expensive, difficult, and easily defeated wall.

It also blares an isolationist message to the rest of the world, but it doesn't exactly have a monopoly on that sentiment these days.

Do they come in legally, or illegally?

Build the wall, then worry about the ones overstaying their visas
How much money are you willing to waste for something that's not going to do what you think?
How much money are you willing to waste for something that's not going to

How much money has Washington already wasted on things that don't work?

Obamas shovel ready job program comes to mind.

How much wall could we have built on that fiasco?

Umm... I don't know where you live but out here in rural WNC the highway got widened from two lanes to four and that started immediately after the ARRA went through. And I mean immediately, like within a week.

Granted, a highway is not a wall. It actually helps people. And it isn't based on paranoid self-delusional "selling feelings" but rather on the real-world niceties of people needing to go places. You know, for silly stuff like --- food..... medical attention.... work..... commerce..... social connections....

What? Did the word "connections" throw you? Whelp, I'm here to help. "Connection" is the opposite of disconnection. You know, like construction is the opposite of destruction. See where I'm going here?
On the contrary, Republicans seem to be the only ones who want to solve the problem.

Democrats have worked harder for Illegals, Mexican Drug Cartels, Human Traffickers, and violent gangs than they have for the American people.
From refusing to enforce existing Immigration laws to admittedly violating the Constitution to impose a Dreamer edict to dumping illegals all over the US without 1st notifying local and state agencies they were coming to protecting to defending, to facilitating Federal-Law violating Sanctuary Cities to openly calling for ICE to be disbanded to finally refusing to cough up $5 Billion for something proven to eliminate 95% of Illegal immigration where / when used (and instead preferring to send 8 times that amount in foreign aid to the very countries facilitating the illegal migration / invasion of this country), Democrats have made no gesture, taken no action to give any indication they REALLY want to solve this problem.

Instead, they have shown just the opposite, like being repeatedly caught registering illegals to vote, being caught in Broward county this last election letting illegals vote and arguing afterwards that their votes should be counted....

How much money are you willing to waste for something that's not going to do what you think?

Umm... I don't know where you live but out here in rural WNC the highway got widened from two lanes to four and that started immediately after the ARRA went through. And I mean immediately, like within a week.

Granted, a highway is not a wall. It actually helps people. And it isn't based on paranoid self-delusional "selling feelings" but rather on the real-world niceties of people needing to go places. You know, for silly stuff like --- food..... medical attention.... work..... commerce..... social connections....

What? Did the word "connections" throw you? Whelp, I'm here to help. "Connection" is the opposite of disconnection. You know, like construction is the opposite of destruction. See where I'm going here?
On the contrary, Republicans seem to be the only ones who want to solve the problem.

Democrats have worked harder for Illegals, Mexican Drug Cartels, Human Traffickers, and violent gangs than they have for the American people.
From refusing to enforce existing Immigration laws to admittedly violating the Constitution to impose a Dreamer edict to dumping illegals all over the US without 1st notifying local and state agencies they were coming to protecting to defending, to facilitating Federal-Law violating Sanctuary Cities to openly calling for ICE to be disbanded to finally refusing to cough up $5 Billion for something proven to eliminate 95% of Illegal immigration where / when used (and instead preferring to send 8 times that amount in foreign aid to the very countries facilitating the illegal migration / invasion of this country), Democrats have made no gesture, taken no action to give any indication they REALLY want to solve this problem.

Instead, they have shown just the opposite, like being repeatedly caught registering illegals to vote, being caught in Broward county this last election letting illegals vote and arguing afterwards that their votes should be counted....

Actually I brought up nothing about either "Republicans" nor "Democrats". Made no mention of either, anywhere.

Think you might be obsessed?

Blithering nonsense. Republicans could solve the problem in a year simply by making E-verify mandator for employers with hard jail time for employers who don't.

But that wouldn't let them punish brown people. That would actually solve the problem. And they don't want the problem solved. So instead, they focus on the most ineffective, the slowest, the most expensive solutions that will almost certainly fail.

Actually I brought up nothing about either "Republicans" nor "Democrats". Made no mention of either, anywhere.

Think you might be obsessed?
Nope, just went to the wrong person in the chain. My bad.

Blithering nonsense.

"Democrats have worked harder for Illegals, Mexican Drug Cartels, Human Traffickers, and violent gangs than they have for the American people.
From refusing to enforce existing Immigration laws to admittedly violating the Constitution to impose a Dreamer edict to dumping illegals all over the US without 1st notifying local and state agencies they were coming to protecting to defending, to facilitating Federal-Law violating Sanctuary Cities to openly calling for ICE to be disbanded to finally refusing to cough up $5 Billion for something proven to eliminate 95% of Illegal immigration where / when used (and instead preferring to send 8 times that amount in foreign aid to the very countries facilitating the illegal migration / invasion of this country), Democrats have made no gesture, taken no action to give any indication they REALLY want to solve this problem."

So you are trying to claim Democrats have NOT done these things? REALLY?

Blithering nonsense.

"Democrats have worked harder for Illegals, Mexican Drug Cartels, Human Traffickers, and violent gangs than they have for the American people.
From refusing to enforce existing Immigration laws to admittedly violating the Constitution to impose a Dreamer edict to dumping illegals all over the US without 1st notifying local and state agencies they were coming to protecting to defending, to facilitating Federal-Law violating Sanctuary Cities to openly calling for ICE to be disbanded to finally refusing to cough up $5 Billion for something proven to eliminate 95% of Illegal immigration where / when used (and instead preferring to send 8 times that amount in foreign aid to the very countries facilitating the illegal migration / invasion of this country), Democrats have made no gesture, taken no action to give any indication they REALLY want to solve this problem."

So you are trying to claim Democrats have NOT done these things? REALLY?

Useless opinion, backed by jack shit. Now back the portion of my reply you edited out and refuse to discuss:

Republicans could solve the problem in a year simply by making E-verify mandatory for employers with hard jail time for employers who don't.

But that wouldn't let them punish brown people. That would actually solve the problem. And they don't want the problem solved. So instead, they focus on the most ineffective, the slowest, the most expensive solutions that will almost certainly fail.

And as a lovely illustration on how conservatives will ignore solutions that work......you refuse to discuss it. And even edited any mention of it from my reply.

Thank you for proving my point brilliantly.

Blithering nonsense. Republicans could solve the problem in a year simply by making E-verify mandator for employers with hard jail time for employers who don't.

But that wouldn't let them punish brown people. That would actually solve the problem. And they don't want the problem
solved. So instead, they focus on the most ineffective, the slowest, the most expensive solutions that will almost certainly fail.

It also wouldn't be done because you can't milk the emotional cow that way. Or to put it in Rumpfraud University language, it wouldn't sell "feelings". You can always hook way more gullibles by painting images of eebil "Mexicans" (Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Irish, Italian, Chinese, Germans, Blacks, Browns, Reds, Yellows, etc ad infinitum) than you can by instituting regulations.

But that wouldn't let them punish brown people. That would actually solve the problem. And they don't want the problem
solved. So instead, they focus on the most ineffective, the slowest, the most expensive solutions that will almost certainly fail.

It also wouldn't be done because you can't milk the emotional cow that way. Or to put it in Rumpfraud University language, it wouldn't sell "feelings".

The entire republican narrative is about emotion. Trump stokes fear. Then insists that he's the only one that can protect you from the fear he's stoked.

Its GOP 101.

Useless opinion, backed by jack shit.
So you ARE claiming - intentionally falsely, unless you are just ignorant, that Democrats have done none of the following things:

'Blithering Nonsense'. 'Useless opinion'. 'Backed by jack shit' ... is, I believe, what you claimed....

There are very few things I enjoy more than to expose snowflakes as propaganda-pushing liars....or just plain ignorant.....

Mexican Drug Cartels:
Obama gave thousands of automatic weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels in an attempt to raise a body count so high (sacrificing the lives of innocent men, women, and children - to include American lives) to the point it would be easier to go after the 2nd Amendment in the US.

Barack Obama ATF Scandal: 8 Facts About Fast and Furious You Might Not Know

Human Traffickers:
"The Obama administration failed to protect thousands of Central American children who have flooded across the U.S. border since 2011, leaving them vulnerable to traffickers and to abuses at the hands of government-approved caretakers, a Senate investigation has found."

Obama administration placed children with human traffickers, report says

MS-13:
"The Obama administration allowed at least 16 teenage foreigners into the United States even though it knew they were members of the so-called 'MS-13' gang, according to a whistleblower who obtained documents from Customs and Border Protection dated 2014."

Obama administration 'knowingly let MS-13 gang into US' | Daily Mail Online

Refusal To Enforce Existing Immigration Laws:
"The Obama Administration has further weakened already inadequate immigration enforcement in the interior of the country. This may be seen in four developments undertaken by agencies of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). First, DHS announced that it was revising 287(g) agreements with state and local authorities to limit their scope. Second, the administration has virtually suspended worksite enforcement actions that apprehend illegal alien workers. Third, ICE has developed and codified a system of triage in which it prioritizes the aliens that it seeks to apprehend and deport. Fourth, under pressure from advocates for illegal aliens, who charge that the Obama administration has failed to deliver the "comprehensive immigration reform" that candidate Obama promised, the administration has explored the options for providing amnesty on a case-by-case basis to illegal aliens. Fifth, despite the administration's attempt to downplay its planning for a "stealth" amnesty by executive discretion, a further memo from ICE director Morton issued on August 20, 2010 documents that these proposed benefits for illegal aliens are already being implemented.

The weakening of the 287(g) program, the virtual suspension of worksite raids, the implementation of a diminished enforcement strategy through triage, and the increased refusal to deport illegal aliens are all aimed at weakening interior enforcement of the nation's immigration laws. These moves have been taken by ICE career employees as a slap in the face. The AFL-CIO affiliate National Council 118 of ICE employees issued a unanimously approved "vote of no confidence" in the director of ICE and the director of the DHS Office of Policy Planning on June 25, 2010."

Obama administration declines to enforce immigration laws : Politics & Policy : WHYY

Violating The Constitution - Obama's Dreamer Edict:
Barak Obama himself admitted he did not have the Constitutional authority to affect US Immigration / Illegal immigration....right before he did just that with his edict (executive order)

DACA Is Unconstitutional, as Obama Admitted

Dumping Illegals Across US Without Notifying Local / State Officials:
The Obama administration at one point released illegals across the country without giving local and state officials a heads-up it was happening. PBS asked 'how many' & Obama administration refused to answer

Illegal Aliens Quietly Being Relocated Throughout U.S. on Commercial Flights - Judicial Watch
U.S. releasing undocumented immigrants, but won't say how many

Obama supported / defended Sanctuary Cities
“The Obama Administration rewards sanctuary states, counties and cities that shield violent illegal immigrants from deportation with hundreds of millions of dollars in federal grants and one of the biggest recipients recently made headlines for protecting a serial criminal who murdered a young woman."

Obama Administration Rewards Sanctuary Cities That Shield Violent Illegal Immigrants
Obama to veto bill stripping 'sanctuary cities' of federal funds

Democrats Openly Call for Abolishing ICE
Gillibrand, Sanders, Warren.....openly calling for the elimination of the 2nd largest Law Enforcement in the US responsible for protecting Americans from Illegals...

Democrats calling for ICE to be abolished include Kirsten Gillibrand, Elizabeth Warren and others

And it was reported today how Democrats support giving $40 million in foreign aid to the nations facilitating the illegal invasion of the US but refuse to spent $5 Billion to protect our sovereignty, secure our borders, and protect American citizens....link already posted.

That's a lot of 'jack shit' backing up everything I wrote / just proved! :p

Last edited:
The entire republican narrative is about emotion.
Sorry, snowflake, but as you have shown it is the Democrats and snowflakes who rely on EMOTION....that and lying / denying / justifying / denial / propaganda.....

Marc you the ignorant one, over 70 countries have walls to keep out the unwanted!....You are simply dishonest, and yes, prosecute people that hire illegals!
So how come I haven't seen not ONE, SINGLE, SOLITARY Republican in the media expressing this?

On the ignorance, the meme is just asinine because Honduras and Mexico aren't accessible via land. By that alone sets the meme as total nonsense.

But this is what rightwing fools want to propagate, so knock yourselves out.

#SMHGOP
You never answered about giving the employer the foolproof means to do what you want! Are you willing to do that?

You never answered about giving the employer the foolproof means to do what you want! Are you willing to do that?
My answer was that I thought that's what Conservatives have been fighting for in their voting ID laws stuff. Should be the same mechanisms. No?

The entire republican narrative is about emotion.
Sorry, snowflake, but as you have shown it is the Democrats and snowflakes who rely on EMOTION....that and lying / denying / justifying / denial / propaganda.....

And by 'propaganda', you mean the *actual* court proceedings, documents and plea agreements that don't match the hysteric, emotion driven narrative you're forwarding?

Useless opinion, backed by jack shit.
So you ARE claiming - intentionally falsely, unless you are just ignorant, that Democrats have done none of the following things:

'Blithering Nonsense'. 'Useless opinion'. 'Backed by jack shit' ... is, I believe, what you claimed....

There are very few things I enjoy more than to expose snowflakes as propaganda-pushing liars....or just plain ignorant.....

Mexican Drug Cartels:
Obama gave thousands of automatic weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels in an attempt to raise a body count so high (sacrificing the lives of innocent men, women, and children - to include American lives) to the point it would be easier to go after the 2nd Amendment in the US.

Barack Obama ATF Scandal: 8 Facts About Fast and Furious You Might Not Know

Human Traffickers:
"The Obama administration failed to protect thousands of Central American children who have flooded across the U.S. border since 2011, leaving them vulnerable to traffickers and to abuses at the hands of government-approved caretakers, a Senate investigation has found."

Obama administration placed children with human traffickers, report says

MS-13:
"The Obama administration allowed at least 16 teenage foreigners into the United States even though it knew they were members of the so-called 'MS-13' gang, according to a whistleblower who obtained documents from Customs and Border Protection dated 2014."

Obama administration 'knowingly let MS-13 gang into US' | Daily Mail Online

Refusal To Enforce Existing Immigration Laws:
"The Obama Administration has further weakened already inadequate immigration enforcement in the interior of the country. This may be seen in four developments undertaken by agencies of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). First, DHS announced that it was revising 287(g) agreements with state and local authorities to limit their scope. Second, the administration has virtually suspended worksite enforcement actions that apprehend illegal alien workers. Third, ICE has developed and codified a system of triage in which it prioritizes the aliens that it seeks to apprehend and deport. Fourth, under pressure from advocates for illegal aliens, who charge that the Obama administration has failed to deliver the "comprehensive immigration reform" that candidate Obama promised, the administration has explored the options for providing amnesty on a case-by-case basis to illegal aliens. Fifth, despite the administration's attempt to downplay its planning for a "stealth" amnesty by executive discretion, a further memo from ICE director Morton issued on August 20, 2010 documents that these proposed benefits for illegal aliens are already being implemented.

The weakening of the 287(g) program, the virtual suspension of worksite raids, the implementation of a diminished enforcement strategy through triage, and the increased refusal to deport illegal aliens are all aimed at weakening interior enforcement of the nation's immigration laws. These moves have been taken by ICE career employees as a slap in the face. The AFL-CIO affiliate National Council 118 of ICE employees issued a unanimously approved "vote of no confidence" in the director of ICE and the director of the DHS Office of Policy Planning on June 25, 2010."

Obama administration declines to enforce immigration laws : Politics & Policy : WHYY

Violating The Constitution - Obama's Dreamer Edict:
Barak Obama himself admitted he did not have the Constitutional authority to affect US Immigration / Illegal immigration....right before he did just that with his edict (executive order)

DACA Is Unconstitutional, as Obama Admitted

Dumping Illegals Across US Without Notifying Local / State Officials:
The Obama administration at one point released illegals across the country without giving local and state officials a heads-up it was happening. PBS asked 'how many' & Obama administration refused to answer

Illegal Aliens Quietly Being Relocated Throughout U.S. on Commercial Flights - Judicial Watch
U.S. releasing undocumented immigrants, but won't say how many

Obama supported / defended Sanctuary Cities
“The Obama Administration rewards sanctuary states, counties and cities that shield violent illegal immigrants from deportation with hundreds of millions of dollars in federal grants and one of the biggest recipients recently made headlines for protecting a serial criminal who murdered a young woman."

Obama Administration Rewards Sanctuary Cities That Shield Violent Illegal Immigrants
Obama to veto bill stripping 'sanctuary cities' of federal funds

Democrats Openly Call for Abolishing ICE
Gillibrand, Sanders, Warren.....openly calling for the elimination of the 2nd largest Law Enforcement in the US responsible for protecting Americans from Illegals...

Democrats calling for ICE to be abolished include Kirsten Gillibrand, Elizabeth Warren and others

And it was reported today how Democrats support giving $40 million in foreign aid to the nations facilitating the illegal invasion of the US but refuse to spent $5 Billion to protect our sovereignty, secure our borders, and protect American citizens....link already posted.

That's a lot of 'jack shit' backing up everything I wrote / just proved! :p

And exactly as I predicted, you omitted any mention of immigration solutions that will work....

Republicans could solve the problem in a year simply by making E-verify mandator for employers with hard jail time for employers who don't.

Refusing to discuss it, and omitting it from every reply. Exactly as I told you you would. As republicans don't want the issue solved. They want the most ineffective solutions with the least chance of success......so they can give the thinnest veneer of working on the issue.....while getting very little done.

And also exactly as I predicted....your reply was all about fear. That's the modern GOP: simultaneously shunning actual, workable solutions in favor of the promotion of xenophobic hysterics, pure emotion and panty shitting fear of brown people.

Its the old GOP 1-2:

Step 1) Stoke as much fear as possible
Step 2) Present yourself as the only solution for the fear you stoke.

So, um....how's that working out for you?

It won't work.

Only a small portion of illegal immigrants come across the Southern border.

The rest take airplanes, or even boats in some cases.

Are you willing and ready to stop this illegal immigration by PUNISHING the businesses that hire them?

So you are saying that the current walls do nothing to curb immigration?

Why not just tear them down then?

It won't work.

Are you willing and ready to stop this illegal immigration by PUNISHING the businesses that hire them?

Tearing it down is expensive. Let it rot.

It won't work.

So you are on record as saying that the current wall does NOTHING to curb illegal immigration?

It won't work.

So you are on record as saying that the current wall does NOTHING to curb illegal immigration?

I'm on the record as saying that there are far better solutions that are far more effective, far cheaper, far faster, and far more long lasting.

Like say, making E-verify mandatory and giving hard prison time to those employers that don't use it. E-verify already exists. Merely making it mandatory with a slight legislative change, a few dozen high profile prosecutions of employers who violate it....and jobs for illegals dry up.

With no jobs, the overwhelming majority go home where they can work.

It would solve the overwhelming majority of new illegal immigration in about a year. Which, of course, is why Republicans refuse to do it. They don't want the problem solved.

Forum List

Back