U.S. begins to pull forces from Syria, officials see full withdrawal

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'The United States said on Wednesday it has begun withdrawing U.S. forces from Syria as U.S. officials said the United States was considering pulling out all its troops as it winds up its campaign to retake territory once held by Islamic State.

“We have started returning United States troops home as we transition to the next phase of this campaign,” White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said in a statement issued after President Donald Trump tweeted that “We have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there.”

It was not immediately clear from Sanders’ statement whether all of the roughly 2,000 U.S. troops in the country would leave and if so, by when.'

U.S. begins to pull forces from Syria, officials see full withdrawal | Reuters

Well done Trump.

American troops have no business being in that region.

It's almost a complete about-face from what he said just a few months ago and he should have done this the moment he took office...but give credit where credit is due.

Nice going Trump.

Yep, well done Trump. Now he just needs to do the same to Iraq and Afghanistan

This decision saved the US billions of $, disintegration of NATO and elimnated risk of US soldiers getting killed on the ground.

'The United States said on Wednesday it has begun withdrawing U.S. forces from Syria as U.S. officials said the United States was considering pulling out all its troops as it winds up its campaign to retake territory once held by Islamic State.

“We have started returning United States troops home as we transition to the next phase of this campaign,” White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said in a statement issued after President Donald Trump tweeted that “We have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there.”

It was not immediately clear from Sanders’ statement whether all of the roughly 2,000 U.S. troops in the country would leave and if so, by when.'

Well done Trump.

It's almost a complete about-face from what he said just a few months ago and he should have done this the moment he took office...but give credit where credit is due.

Nice going Trump.

wow seeing YOU praise Trump,thats some major stuff there.LOL hey did you get my PM by chance?

yeah thats why i have always had doubts on him the fact he should have done that from the very get go.

I bet you Netanyahu is pissed.

I sure hope he has the balls to stand up to him and he really DOES put American first instead of THEIR country He has ties to them though so I just dont see it do you? I want to be wrong of course.

• Banned
As an American, I am glad that our troops will no longer be in the line of fire in Syria....

Were I a Russian, I'd be happy that Syria is now under Putin's umbrella

Were I a Turk, I'd be happy because then I could squash the Kurdish wish for independence

Were I a Kurd, i'd be pissed

As an American, I am glad that our troops will no longer be in the line of fire in Syria....

Were I a Russian, I'd be happy that Syria is now under Putin's umbrella

Were I a Turk, I'd be happy because then I could squash the Kurdish wish for independence

Were I a Kurd, i'd be pissed

So really, you're not happy.

Well done Trump.

Nice going Trump.
Should have never gone there in the first place.

Good decision Mr. President.

IMO, the worst thing Trump has done so far was shoot missles at a Syrian airfield. I'm glad he's withdrawing troops. Hopefully Iran, Russia, and Syria have a handle on the jihadis over there.

Syria needs to kick the Turks out. Fuck the Turks.

Forum List

Back