Question for Bible readers...

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Genesis 1:1 says: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

What happened BEFORE Genesis 1:1? God existed. Time existed. Something else existed. What existed? What happened? This is a serious question.

We lived with God as His children. Learned and grew and were instructed on the things of Eternity. And of course the Grand Council happened. Other than that, I dont know. Youd have to ask the Lord.

We lived with God as His children. Learned and grew and were instructed on the things of Eternity. And of course the Grand Council happened. Other than that, I dont know. Youd have to ask the Lord.

That is a Mormon belief. Until someone can present to me some legitimate archeological evidence presented by non-Mormons of any of the wars that were said to have taken place, I do not accept any Mormon philosophy as possible truth.

What's the basis for the claim that time existed? If the statement in the Bible that a thousand years is as a day to God, the existence of time certainly wouldn't have been of any particular use to Him.

That is a Mormon belief. Until someone can present to me some legitimate archeological evidence presented by non-Mormons of any of the wars that were said to have taken place, I do not accept any Mormon philosophy as possible truth.

We all have souls, where did they come from David?

What's the basis for the claim that time existed? If the statement in the Bible that a thousand years is as a day to God, the existence of time certainly wouldn't have been of any particular use to Him.

Good job.. You just killed your own arguement.. A year is a measurement of time.. So if god had no use for time, it wouldn't matter that a day was a thousand years to him would it?? Oh?? A day is also a measurement of time..

Time did exist and was acknowleged on genisis 1:1

The begining?? Begining of what?? Time perhaps?? Or the begining of our universes existence??

Don't worry.. The bible was written by some bronze age people living in clay huts.. Almost 2000 years before modern science.. They didn't know much about time and other such things..

What I want to know is why the kanagaroo was never mentioned in the bible but the unicorn was??

Because there are some rules here that we must extract from Genesis 1:1 as to what happened before Genesis 1:1.

A - God existed BEFORE the Earth and the "Heavens" existed
B - God knew how to create a massive universe and at least one planet. This insinuates that he was either taught or had done this before.

You don't just appear one day out of thin air and know how to create a massive universe and planet with life from nothing.

Most religious people agree that something existed before Earth -- but what?

We all have souls, where did they come from David?

Of what chemical compound is a soul derived from? What is its mass or atomic weight?

Good job.. You just killed your own arguement.. A year is a measurement of time.. So if god had no use for time, it wouldn't matter that a day was a thousand years to him would it?? Oh?? A day is also a measurement of time..

Time did exist and was acknowleged on genisis 1:1

The begining?? Begining of what?? Time perhaps?? Or the begining of our universes existence??

Don't worry.. The bible was written by some bronze age people living in clay huts.. Almost 2000 years before modern science.. They didn't know much about time and other such things..

What I want to know is why the kanagaroo was never mentioned in the bible but the unicorn was??

You do not belong in this thread. The Torah (The Written Law) and the Oral Law (The Old Testament) were given to humans by God. It is impossible that the Torah was written by Moses which predicted so many events of the future that actually occurred after Moses' death that we have hard archeological evidence for.

I have no idea who wrote The New Testament or who wrote the Qu'ran, but God wrote the Torah and give it to Moses on Mount Sinai along with the Oral Law and the Ten Commandments.

If you are an athiest then tell me how this universe came to be and tell me what existed BEFORE the Big Bang?

What happened BEFORE Genesis 1:1? God existed. Time existed. Something else existed. What existed? What happened? This is a serious question.

http://www.scientificcomputing.com/news-DS-Dropouts-Pinpoint-Earliest-Galaxies-111009.aspx

Astronomers, conducting the broadest survey to date of galaxies from about 800 million years after the Big Bang, have found 22 early galaxies and confirmed the age of one by its characteristic hydrogen signature at 787 million years post Big Bang. The finding is the first age-confirmation of a so-called dropout galaxy at that distant time. It pinpoints when an era called the reionization epoch likely began.
With recent technological advancements, such as the Wide-Field Camera 3 on the Hubble Space Telescope, there has been an explosion of research of the reionization period, the farthest back in time that astronomers can observe. The Big Bang, 13.7 billion years ago, created a hot, murky universe. Some 400,000 years later, temperatures cooled, electrons and protons joined to form neutral hydrogen, and the murk cleared.

what existed before the big bang?

A perfect republican universe. Why do you think gawd trashed it all and started over?

Vivid Iridescence Found in 40-million-year-old Feather Fossil

Known for their wide variety of vibrant plumage, birds have evolved various chemical and physical mechanisms to produce these beautiful colors over millions of years. A team of paleontologists and ornithologists has now discovered evidence of vivid iridescent colors in feather fossils more than 40 million years old. The finding, published online in Biology Letters, signifies the first evidence of a preserved color-producing nanostructure in a fossilized feather.

Actually we agree on this. Time wasn't created until something like the 3rd day.

Actually we agree on this. Time wasn't created until something like the 3rd day.

HUH? How could the third day exist if time did not yet exist. It would have to be the first day.

Time only exists in your mind. It does not exist universally.

Time only exists in your mind. It does not exist universally.

wrong. things happened before you existed, and will happen after you are gone.

Mostly....not a clue. But my view on Time is that it is an invention just like the magazine. Allegory is a huge theme in biblical studies so Genesis isn't describing the actual beginning of everything but only the awareness of our existence.

Vatican Looks to Heavens for Signs of Alien Life

The Church of Rome's views have shifted radically through the centuries since Italian philosopher Giordano Bruno was burned at the stake as a heretic in 1600 for speculating, among other ideas, that other worlds could be inhabited.

The Roman Catholic Church's relationship with science has come a long way since Galileo was tried as a heretic in 1633 and forced to recant his finding that the Earth revolves around the sun. Church teaching at the time placed Earth at the center of the universe.

Today, top clergy, including Funes, openly endorse scientific ideas like the Big Bang theory as a reasonable explanation for the creation of the universe. The theory says the universe began billions of years ago in the explosion of a single, super-dense point that contained all matter.

Earlier this year, the Vatican also sponsored a conference on evolution to mark the 150th anniversary of Charles Darwin's "The Origin of Species."

The event snubbed proponents of alternative theories, like creationism and intelligent design, which see a higher being rather than the undirected process of natural selection behind the evolution of species.

Mostly....not a clue. But my view on Time is that it is an invention just like the magazine. Allegory is a huge theme in biblical studies so Genesis isn't describing the actual beginning of everything but only the awareness of our existence.

Forum List

Back