Question for Bible readers...

Einstein's theory was incorrect. "Space" may not have existed, i.e. our universe, but something existed. Think of it as an empty glass and the big bang filled it up or has been over the past 5 billion years or so.

Anyway, this isn't about science. This is about religion. I'm asking what happened before Genesis 1:1. God existed. What was he doing? Did anyone else exist? Where did they exist?

What does "Let us create man in our image mean? What does it imply?

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

How can God create Animals on Earth after Their Kind if Their Kind didn't exist yet? What does that imply?

Genesis1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

1:22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

1:23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

The Holy Bible

I think you need to get a few commentaries and Bible study helps out. It is clear that after He created them they produced, "after their kind." Bible study is an awesome thing. It clears up a lot of the issues we might have. However, it will not clear up anything that we already have decided upon, unless we truly want the truth.

I would check and cross check the sources of the commentaries. There are way too many political agendas to haphazardly read commentaries and feel confident the information is reasonably balanced.

Show Me. You speak with such authority on the matter. Show me. Stop electron Flow, Make time stop.

You cannot control Time, You cannot Effect Time, You can only live off of it. There are matters above Our Reason that We may learn from, yet one cannot even define it and set it's borders,or boundaries, or even recognize them that does not legitimize packaging it and selling it. You sound like Job's friends limiting God.

I showed you in the explanation and it's pretty dumb to ask for something you know is not possible. You sound like Job's friend in the unemployment office demanding to be the Space Shuttle pilot.

Take the hint. Unexplainable.

Can it be explained how time can exist without motion? How would it be detected?

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

How can God create Animals on Earth after Their Kind if Their Kind didn't exist yet? What does that imply?

Genesis1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

1:22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

The Holy Bible

I think you need to get a few commentaries and Bible study helps out. It is clear that after He created them they produced, "after their kind." Bible study is an awesome thing. It clears up a lot of the issues we might have. However, it will not clear up anything that we already have decided upon, unless we truly want the truth.

I would check and cross check the sources of the commentaries. There are way too many political agendas to haphazardly read commentaries and feel confident the information is reasonably balanced.

Lucky for You that You are not a Fundamentalist. :):):)

So God created Each after It's Kind except for the First of Each? What were the First of Each created after.... To What end? Why word it like that? .... Just Messing with You. :):):)

I showed you in the explanation and it's pretty dumb to ask for something you know is not possible. You sound like Job's friend in the unemployment office demanding to be the Space Shuttle pilot.

Take the hint. Unexplainable.

Can it be explained how time can exist without motion? How would it be detected?

I would ask how Existence could exist without Motion? Speaking Atoms and Molecules.

What's the basis for the claim that time existed? If the statement in the Bible that a thousand years is as a day to God, the existence of time certainly wouldn't have been of any particular use to Him.

Good job.. You just killed your own arguement.. A year is a measurement of time.. So if god had no use for time, it wouldn't matter that a day was a thousand years to him would it?? Oh?? A day is also a measurement of time..

Time did exist and was acknowleged on genisis 1:1

The begining?? Begining of what?? Time perhaps?? Or the begining of our universes existence??

Don't worry.. The bible was written by some bronze age people living in clay huts.. Almost 2000 years before modern science.. They didn't know much about time and other such things..

What I want to know is why the kanagaroo was never mentioned in the bible but the unicorn was??

If what you say is true that "The bible was written by some bronze age people living in clay huts.. Almost 2000 years before modern science.. They didn't know much about time and other such things.. ". then explain the statements that were made about Paleontology, Meteorology, Biology, Anthropology, Hydrology, Geology and Physics that are consistent with known scientific facts.

The biblical unicorn was a real animal, not an imaginary creature. The Bible refers to the unicorn in the context of familiar animals, such as peacocks, lambs, lions, bullocks, goats, donkeys, horses, dogs, eagles, and calves (Job 39:9–12.1) In Job 38–41, God reminded Job of the characteristics of a variety of impressive animals He had created, showing Job that God was far above man in power and strength.

Job had to be familiar with the animals on God’s list for the illustration to be effective. God points out in Job 39:9–12 that the unicorn, “whose strength is great,” is useless for agricultural work, refusing to serve man or “harrow (plow) the valley.” This visual aid gave Job a glimpse of God’s greatness. An imaginary fantasy animal would have defeated the purpose of God’s illustration.

Modern readers have trouble with the Bible’s unicorns because we forget that a single-horned feature is not uncommon on God’s menu for animal design. (Consider the rhinoceros and narwhal.) The Bible describes unicorns skipping like calves (Psalm 29:6), traveling like bullocks, and bleeding when they die (Isaiah 34:7). The presence of a very strong horn on this powerful, independent-minded creature is intended to make readers think of strength.

The absence of a unicorn in the modern world should not cause us to doubt its past existence. (Think of the dodo bird. It does not exist today, but we do not doubt that it existed in the past.). Eighteenth century reports from southern Africa described rock drawings and eyewitness accounts of fierce, single-horned, equine-like animals. One such report describes “a single horn, directly in front, about as long as one’s arm, and at the base about as thick . . . . [It] had a sharp point; it was not attached to the bone of the forehead, but fixed only in the skin.”

The elasmotherium, an extinct giant rhinoceros, provides another possibility for the unicorn’s identity. The elasmotherium’s 33-inch-long skull has a huge bony protuberance on the frontal bone consistent with the support structure for a massive horn. In fact, archaeologist Austen Henry Layard, in his 1849 book Nineveh and Its Remains, sketched a single-horned creature from an obelisk in company with two-horned bovine animals; he identified the single-horned animal as an Indian rhinoceros. The biblical unicorn could have been the elasmotherium.

The Holy Bible

I absolutely agree. That is why I have many translations of the Bible, several commentaries, and use the older ones online. There are a lot of great helps out there, and we do need to try to use the most reliable.

I absolutely agree. That is why I have many translations of the Bible, several commentaries, and use the older ones online. There are a lot of great helps out there, and we do need to try to use the most reliable.

One Persons Reliable is Another Persons Convenient, or Aligned with Personal Perspective. St. Jerome's Vulgate did much to reign in Poetic License. King James Version used it for The Old testament Translation, if I remember Right. Discern through Conscience, if that has any meaning to you. I like KJV, NKJV, Jerusalem, & New American Catholic.

These sites are Old School.

Welcome to Holy Bible the site dedicated to God's word. check out the Online KJV (King James Version) bible and a search.

NEW ADVENT BIBLE: Home

Having began two books of the bible (Genesis,John) with the phrase In the big inning, I believe it is clear that God is a baseball fan.

Of course, I'm occasionally wrong about these things.:evil:

One Persons Reliable is Another Persons Convenient, or Aligned with Personal Perspective. St. Jerome's Vulgate did much to reign in Poetic License. King James Version used it for The Old testament Translation, if I remember Right. Discern through Conscience, if that has any meaning to you. I like KJV, NKJV, Jerusalem, & New American Catholic.

These sites are Old School.

Welcome to Holy Bible the site dedicated to God's word. check out the Online KJV (King James Version) bible and a search.

NEW ADVENT BIBLE: Home

That is why you read several, and review several commentaries. Then you will see what the scholars are saying. It is ultimately the Holy Spirit that teaches us. If we listen, we will not look for what we believe in the Bible, we will seek what God is saying.
Most good Bibles will have notes, and if a scripture is added or omited in the most recent texts they will let you know. We need to see what the oldest MSS are saying, and recognize that some MSS copiers did add or omit words and even sentences.

There is a lot to look at, and my only hope is prayer, and a keen sense of the presence of the Holy Spirit as I study. When I teach, I get to teach undet His leadership. The Bible is an amazing book.

We lived with God as His children. Learned and grew and were instructed on the things of Eternity. And of course the Grand Council happened. Other than that, I dont know. Youd have to ask the Lord.

That is a Mormon belief. Until someone can present to me some legitimate archeological evidence presented by non-Mormons of any of the wars that were said to have taken place, I do not accept any Mormon philosophy as possible truth.

Its a belief that is found in every religion based on the scriptures at some point in its history. Psalms 82 talks about the counsel. Job spoke of the the sons of God shouting for joy at the foundation of the world. (Job 38:1-7). The Early Church Fathers spoke of it during the first few centuries after the Apostles died. The Doctrine started disappearing from Judaism shortly after the hellenizing period. So its not just a mormon belief.

Though not completely related, your request for Archaelogical evidence is rather illogical for several reasons:

1) No Archaelogical evidence is going to prove what happened before the world was.
2) You are requesting archaelogical evidence from an area of the world that has barely been explored. They just recently found the biggest pyramid in the world under all the jungle down there. If science is just finding something that big there, the idea that we are going to find evidence for battles that we could at all tie with certainty to the Book of Mormon is illogical.
3) Any non-mormon scientist who proved through science that the Book of Mormon is true would not be non-mormon for long. Are you suggesting that the second they converted they would lose all credibility simply because they are now Mormon? The idea is absurd. Say a scientist who believed in ID proved natural selection was correct and converted to Darwinism, does that scientist now lose all credibility on speaking on Natural selection because they believe it?

Maybe if you werent so quick to just dismiss new ideas, then you would actually learn something.

Show Me. You speak with such authority on the matter. Show me. Stop electron Flow, Make time stop.

You cannot control Time, You cannot Effect Time, You can only live off of it. There are matters above Our Reason that We may learn from, yet one cannot even define it and set it's borders,or boundaries, or even recognize them that does not legitimize packaging it and selling it. You sound like Job's friends limiting God.

I hesitate when someone talks in absolutes on what we can or cant do. I mean years ago it was an absolute that man couldnt fly.

I dont particularly expect anyone to learn to manipulate time. But to say its impossible... i dont know. Maybe there are higher laws we dont yet know that will grant us that power. Course, if that happens we may have created a paradox and who the hell knows what that will do to the universe.

The Holy Bible

You are stumbling on a great secret of the universe here. All things were created spiritually before they were created physically. Intelligence, which is light and truth, is Eternal and has always existed in some form or another.

Why must something be detected to exist? If something cant be quantified and measured, does it cease to exist? Does something have to explained to exist?

Help me here, its been years since I sat there reading the bible instead of listening to the nuns in school.

What was the timing of the big war between the good and evil angels Lucifer started? I always ASSUMED that was before the creation story since a little more than "7 days" in the devil was tempting Eve.

So my guess is according to the bible God existed in what we now think of as heaven and had his group of "army" of angels, some of whom used their freedom of thought for no good.

Then God got bored and set in motion the events which would create intelligent life which had a limited knowledge of him (us).

Having began two books of the bible (Genesis,John) with the phrase In the big inning, I believe it is clear that God is a baseball fan.

Of course, I'm occasionally wrong about these things.:evil:

I think that when He shows interest, He is a Yankee Fan!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Help me here, its been years since I sat there reading the bible instead of listening to the nuns in school.

What was the timing of the big war between the good and evil angels Lucifer started? I always ASSUMED that was before the creation story since a little more than "7 days" in the devil was tempting Eve.

So my guess is according to the bible God existed in what we now think of as heaven and had his group of "army" of angels, some of whom used their freedom of thought for no good.

Then God got bored and set in motion the events which would create intelligent life which had a limited knowledge of him (us).

An interesting source for that kind of research is The Jewish Encyclopedia. I saw one a long time ago in Berkeley, Ca., fascinating read. Research the Arch Angels, individually by name.

Speaking ahead of Myself try New Advent / Encyclopedia. Not as good.

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Home

apparently he can at least want to set an experiment in motion

Would a perfect all knowing being need to experiment with anything? Seems to me the point of an experiment it to see what happens. When you know what happens, wouldnt the logical reason for doing something not be to experiment but for some specific purpose?

Forum List

Back