Question for Bible readers...

Once again, unless Moses was psychic, it is impossible for him to have written the Torah. There are many events in the Torah that post-date his receivership of the Torah from Mt. Sinai in which we have actual hard evidence that has occurred AFTER Moses' death. Even the best psychic's of all time, even Nostrodomous haven't predicted events so accurately.

I'll take Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Daniel, Hosea, as examples. Were They Physic? Were They Instructed? Jesus? Powerful Forces at play.

I think they were "prophets". I think a "physic" is like "Miss Cleo".

I thought you were just a political retard. I didn't realize you were a well-rounded retard.

There's a point to your existence? Other than to waste bandwidth?

Genesis 1:1 says: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

What happened BEFORE Genesis 1:1? God existed. Time existed. Something else existed. What existed? What happened? This is a serious question.

There was no 'time' before the "beginning", the big bang.

you need Space to have time, space-time....review Einstein's works....there was no 'space' before the big bang, thus there was no time.

there was a dense cluster of matter that exploded which expanded space, and has been expanding ever since. .

What actually made it explode, no one knows that yet...

David, have you studied Kabbalah? It apparently deals with questions such as yours; at least that's the impression that I get from those of my Jewish friends who talk about it.

Time and space are fundamentally related, so it can't be said that anything existed "before" the physical universe came into being by way of the Big Bang. Allah (SWT) or God, of course, is not a physical entity.

you need Space to have time, space-time....review Einstein's works....there was no 'space' before the big bang, thus there was no time.

there was a dense cluster of matter that exploded which expanded space, and has been expanding ever since.
Exactly! :)

A separate physical cause for the expansion would mean that time -- and, therefore, space -- did in fact exist before it (which couldn't be), as a stimulus-response relationship requires the passage of time to play itself out.

Once again, unless Moses was psychic, it is impossible for him to have written the Torah. There are many events in the Torah that post-date his receivership of the Torah from Mt. Sinai in which we have actual hard evidence that has occurred AFTER Moses' death. Even the best psychic's of all time, even Nostrodomous haven't predicted events so accurately.

I'll take Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Daniel, Hosea, as examples. Were They Physic? Were They Instructed? Jesus? Powerful Forces at play.

I think they were "prophets". I think a "physic" is like "Miss Cleo".

You catch on real quick huh? LOL

Time is not a result....it is only a unit of measure. Change is caused by motion and since nothing can ever achieve stillness on the physical plane then motion is the beginning and end.

True it is a unit of measure. But if there is no motion/change does time exist?
If in the beginning there was nothing....

If there is no motion there is no purpose of measurement thus concluding time cannot exist without motion. Even if someone could build a clock that would outlast everything in existence, meaning the clock were the only item (no earth, sun, solar system, galaxy etc) it would require motion of some derivation to track itself. If it can track itself then motion exists. Without motion it is impossible for time to be present.

Show Me. You speak with such authority on the matter. Show me. Stop electron Flow, Make time stop.

You cannot control Time, You cannot Effect Time, You can only live off of it. There are matters above Our Reason that We may learn from, yet one cannot even define it and set it's borders,or boundaries, or even recognize them that does not legitimize packaging it and selling it. You sound like Job's friends limiting God.

The I am conflicted about the Bible.

Geneses sucks, as book and a band. I like apples, sex and knowledge. And I hate Phil Collins.

I can not obey the book of Laws.

David is a bit of a suck up to God.

The psalms of Solomon rock!

Jesus has a point, water into wine is good. And love an't bad either.

Revelations is nothing Prozac could not fix.

Last edited:

What happened BEFORE Genesis 1:1? God existed. Time existed. Something else existed. What existed? What happened? This is a serious question.

I am reasonable sure that there was an enormous amount of things that existed before the part of creation that we live in was created. I think that is one of the exciting things to look forward to when I breath my last. I believe I will be invited on a tour of eternity's (past and future) awesome presentation. God just seems like the kind of God that can make things ao unimaginable that even awesome, as we know it, would be ugly.

there was a dense cluster of matter that exploded which expanded space, and has been expanding ever since. .

Einstein's theory was incorrect. "Space" may not have existed, i.e. our universe, but something existed. Think of it as an empty glass and the big bang filled it up or has been over the past 5 billion years or so.

Anyway, this isn't about science. This is about religion. I'm asking what happened before Genesis 1:1. God existed. What was he doing? Did anyone else exist? Where did they exist?

good inquisitive questions, but there is no way for any of us to know the answer to them david....we were not given enough information on that to even speculate imo.

the universe is 14 billion years old, our galaxy is only 4.5 billion, so maybe God and His lot, were busy with the rest of the universe before our 'beginning'? :D

I am reasonable sure that there was an enormous amount of things that existed before the part of creation that we live in was created. I think that is one of the exciting things to look forward to when I breath my last. I believe I will be invited on a tour of eternity's (past and future) awesome presentation. God just seems like the kind of God that can make things ao unimaginable that even awesome, as we know it, would be ugly.

Let Me help You with That.

NO3_350x313.jpg

Never Yet Melted » Hubble Telescope

Enjoy. We're paying for it! NASA - Home

Einstein's theory was incorrect. "Space" may not have existed, i.e. our universe, but something existed. Think of it as an empty glass and the big bang filled it up or has been over the past 5 billion years or so.

Anyway, this isn't about science. This is about religion. I'm asking what happened before Genesis 1:1. God existed. What was he doing? Did anyone else exist? Where did they exist?

What does "Let us create man in our image mean? What does it imply?

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

How can God create Animals on Earth after Their Kind if Their Kind didn't exist yet? What does that imply?

Genesis1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

1:22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

1:23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

The Holy Bible

It's pure speculation at this point. God has always existed, so what was He doing before the creation of our Universe? Perhaps the Universe is much older than any of us can imagine. God caused the Big Bang which started everything. After billions of years, gravity eventually slows everything down and the Universe contracts back in on itself (given enough mass). Then another Big Bang occurs and the process starts all over. All knowledge of a previous incarnation of the Universe is lost, although God would remember.

It's pure speculation at this point. God has always existed, so what was He doing before the creation of our Universe? Perhaps the Universe is much older than any of us can imagine. God caused the Big Bang which started everything. After billions of years, gravity eventually slows everything down and the Universe contracts back in on itself (given enough mass). Then another Big Bang occurs and the process starts all over. All knowledge of a previous incarnation of the Universe is lost, although God would remember.

The universe's rate of acceleration is increasing; contraction seems unlikely. It appears as if the universe will continue expanding until it experiences a "big freeze."

WMAP- Fate of the Universe

True it is a unit of measure. But if there is no motion/change does time exist?
If in the beginning there was nothing....

If there is no motion there is no purpose of measurement thus concluding time cannot exist without motion. Even if someone could build a clock that would outlast everything in existence, meaning the clock were the only item (no earth, sun, solar system, galaxy etc) it would require motion of some derivation to track itself. If it can track itself then motion exists. Without motion it is impossible for time to be present.

Show Me. You speak with such authority on the matter. Show me. Stop electron Flow, Make time stop.

You cannot control Time, You cannot Effect Time, You can only live off of it. There are matters above Our Reason that We may learn from, yet one cannot even define it and set it's borders,or boundaries, or even recognize them that does not legitimize packaging it and selling it. You sound like Job's friends limiting God.

I showed you in the explanation and it's pretty dumb to ask for something you know is not possible. You sound like Job's friend in the unemployment office demanding to be the Space Shuttle pilot.

What does "Let us create man in our image mean? What does it imply?

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

How can God create Animals on Earth after Their Kind if Their Kind didn't exist yet? What does that imply?

Genesis1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

1:22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

1:23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

The Holy Bible

I think you need to get a few commentaries and Bible study helps out. It is clear that after He created them they produced, "after their kind." Bible study is an awesome thing. It clears up a lot of the issues we might have. However, it will not clear up anything that we already have decided upon, unless we truly want the truth.

NO3_350x313.jpg

I have many of those photos on the wall in my Sunday School class. I believe one day God wil have a huge tour for believers, and we will walk among the stars and see the mighty work of God in His creation.

I showed you in the explanation and it's pretty dumb to ask for something you know is not possible. You sound like Job's friend in the unemployment office demanding to be the Space Shuttle pilot.

Take the hint. Unexplainable.

NO3_350x313.jpg

I have many of those photos on the wall in my Sunday School class. I believe one day God wil have a huge tour for believers, and we will walk among the stars and see the mighty work of God in His creation.

I thought we would just gravitate? Hover? Float?

Forum List

Back