Question for Bible readers...

Genesis 1:1 says: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

What happened BEFORE Genesis 1:1? God existed. Time existed. Something else existed. What existed? What happened? This is a serious question.

I do not mind playing "Theologist" with this question.

Let ee assume there is a God and this God created the universe. What existed before God created the universe.

OH THAT IS EASY!! A bored God with lots of time to kill!!

What's the basis for the claim that time existed? If the statement in the Bible that a thousand years is as a day to God, the existence of time certainly wouldn't have been of any particular use to Him.

Actually we agree on this. Time wasn't created until something like the 3rd day.

Time only exists in your mind. It does not exist universally.

I think that Time exists whether or not You acknowledge it. I think the Torah borrowed much from Hammurabi's Code, lets start with "An Eye for an Eye". Moses was raised on it, Pharaoh's Household, He would have at least studied it. These maybe are Questions You should be asking God, rather than doing what you are doing?

Time exists as long as there is change in the universe. If the entire universe were in stasis there would be no change/motion so no time.

Actually we agree on this. Time wasn't created until something like the 3rd day.

I think that Time exists whether or not You acknowledge it. I think the Torah borrowed much from Hammurabi's Code, lets start with "An Eye for an Eye". Moses was raised on it, Pharaoh's Household, He would have at least studied it. These maybe are Questions You should be asking God, rather than doing what you are doing?

Once again, unless Moses was psychic, it is impossible for him to have written the Torah. There are many events in the Torah that post-date his receivership of the Torah from Mt. Sinai in which we have actual hard evidence that has occurred AFTER Moses' death. Even the best psychic's of all time, even Nostrodomous haven't predicted events so accurately.

What happened BEFORE Genesis 1:1? God existed. Time existed. Something else existed. What existed? What happened? This is a serious question.

maybe she was busy with other projects....are you so egocentric to think you are her only experiment....

wrong. things happened before you existed, and will happen after you are gone.

That is not time. Time is a human measurement of those events.

Your Usage is as if Time is a measurement of itself, based on Human Understanding. You are referring to two distinct Properties, The passage of Time and using a Human Concept of Measurement of Time measurement to Measure It's Passage. The Whether You Acknowledge It or Not, It Still Passes. Time Exists Separate from You or I. It is Independent of Us, yet We are not Independent of It.

Does Weather exist outside of Our Minds? If We fail to define It, does It cease to exist?

Once again, unless Moses was psychic, it is impossible for him to have written the Torah. There are many events in the Torah that post-date his receivership of the Torah from Mt. Sinai in which we have actual hard evidence that has occurred AFTER Moses' death. Even the best psychic's of all time, even Nostrodomous haven't predicted events so accurately.

I'll take Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Daniel, Hosea, as examples. Were They Physic? Were They Instructed? Jesus? Powerful Forces at play.

Time exists as long as there is change in the universe. If the entire universe were in stasis there would be no change/motion so no time.

Time is a unit of measure and not necessarily a causation.

time is a result not causation. The causation is change.

Time is not a result....it is only a unit of measure. Change is caused by motion and since nothing can ever achieve stillness on the physical plane then motion is the beginning and end.

Time is not a result....it is only a unit of measure. Change is caused by motion and since nothing can ever achieve stillness on the physical plane then motion is the beginning and end.

Time is a Process. It Was Before Us, It Will Exist After We are Long Gone. We Cannot Effect it. We have no power over it, and in vain try to lay claim to it.

Time
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Time (disambiguation).

The flow of sand in an hourglass can be used to keep track of elapsed time. It also concretely represents the present as being between the past and the future.Time is a component of the measuring system used to sequence events, to compare the durations of events and the intervals between them, and to quantify the motions of objects. Time has been a major subject of religion, philosophy, and science, but defining it in a non-controversial manner applicable to all fields of study has consistently eluded the greatest scholars.

In physics as well as in other sciences, time is considered one of the few fundamental quantities.[1] Time is used to define other quantities – such as velocity – so defining time in terms of such quantities would result in circularity of definition.[2] An operational definition of time, wherein one says that observing a certain number of repetitions of one or another standard cyclical event (such as the passage of a free-swinging pendulum) constitutes one standard unit such as the second, is highly useful in the conduct of both advanced experiments and everyday affairs of life. The operational definition leaves aside the question whether there is something called time, apart from the counting activity just mentioned, that flows and that can be measured. Investigations of a single continuum called spacetime brings the nature of time into association with related questions into the nature of space, questions that have their roots in the works of early students of natural philosophy.

Among prominent philosophers, there are two distinct viewpoints on time. One view is that time is part of the fundamental structure of the universe, a dimension in which events occur in sequence. Time travel, in this view, becomes a possibility as other "times" persist like frames of a film strip, spread out across the time line. Sir Isaac Newton subscribed to this realist view, and hence it is sometimes referred to as Newtonian time.[3][4] The opposing view is that time does not refer to any kind of "container" that events and objects "move through", nor to any entity that "flows", but that it is instead part of a fundamental intellectual structure (together with space and number) within which humans sequence and compare events. This second view, in the tradition of Gottfried Leibniz[5] and Immanuel Kant,[6][7] holds that time is neither an event nor a thing, and thus is not itself measurable nor can it be travelled.

Temporal measurement has occupied scientists and technologists, and was a prime motivation in navigation and astronomy. Periodic events and periodic motion have long served as standards for units of time. Examples include the apparent motion of the sun across the sky, the phases of the moon, the swing of a pendulum, and the beat of a heart. Currently, the international unit of time, the second, is defined in terms of radiation emitted by caesium atoms (see below). Time is also of significant social importance, having economic value ("time is money") as well as personal value, due to an awareness of the limited time in each day and in human life spans.

Time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vanity.

True it is a unit of measure. But if there is no motion/change does time exist?
If in the beginning there was nothing....

True it is a unit of measure. But if there is no motion/change does time exist?
If in the beginning there was nothing....

If there is no motion there is no purpose of measurement thus concluding time cannot exist without motion. Even if someone could build a clock that would outlast everything in existence, meaning the clock were the only item (no earth, sun, solar system, galaxy etc) it would require motion of some derivation to track itself. If it can track itself then motion exists. Without motion it is impossible for time to be present.

you must be thinking of when god had dinosaurs here.

you must be thinking of when god had dinosaurs here.

That was only about 5,000 years ago according to the Creation Museum in northern KY. Which our previous Republican governor endorsed soundly.

I'll take Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Daniel, Hosea, as examples. Were They Physic? Were They Instructed? Jesus? Powerful Forces at play.

I think they were "prophets". I think a "physic" is like "Miss Cleo".

Forum List

Back