How Sad and Empty.

Life must be for an unbeliever.

Actually, life is much better for those that have no magical beliefs.

When you believe in "mysticism", at some point in your life, you "pray" for some magical happening. When it doesn't happen, you wonder why "God" won't listen. After all, you've been good. You helped stop gay people from living a happy life. You tried to make "converts" even when people weren't interested. And without a smidgen of proof, you tried to convince others that the "occult" is real.

For those that don't believe in the "supernatural", they are happy with what they have and what they achieve. They don't have to worry about "big brother" sending you to some imaginary eternal damnation to live forever in agony.

It's everyone's own choice to believe what they want or need to believe. I suspect my life would feel sad and empty without my faith but it's a very personal thing and if others don't feel the same that's ok in America, you're allowed to find your peace down any path you choose.

That is an interesting statement and assumption. "Sad and empty," seem to be assumed caracteristics that we apply to those who don't have, believe, or live as we do. I think to some degree we all do that.

However, I would like to address the word "empty." Life has many wonderful aspects. God created us (My belief), and I believe He created man with the ability to enjoy life. He created beautiful things, things we see humor in, and things that can only be looked upon as "awesome."

There is at some point in our lives a place of emptiness in all of us. That is a place that may be considered as incomplete, void, or otherwise just missing something. I think we all have those places in our lives as well. In some cases we seek out ways fo fill that place. We may try to fill it with activity, religion, money and things, or whatever, but too often what we try to place there doesn't fill the void.

The question is, do these things actually complete us. I believe this is where many of us part company, based on our beliefs.

In answering the question, "How much is enough?" Carnegie said, "Just a little more."

That is often our problem. Is the void full when we want more?

I can only speak from my experiences and belief at this point. Others have different views. I personally believe that religion starts out giving us a feeling of satisfaction, and fulfillment. I also believe that at some point religion falls short.

That is why I so often refer to "a personal relationship with God in Christ." I believe this relationship is living, and continuously capable of fulfilling our needs. I believe that our life as believers in this personal relationship is completed as we are "being filled" with the Holy Spirit. What I mean by that is that we are conmtinuously being filled. Of course, when we turn from our faith, either in short term or long term activity, we are not being filled. The filling is a powerful thing. Jesus addressed it as having "living water" and never thirsting again, of as relying on the Bread of life, and never being hungry again. I believe that is what completes us, and fills that void. Jesus said to Satan that we do not live by bread (worldly bread) alone, but by "every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." That woed is the "bread of life."

On "sadness," I believe thins ia another area where we often assume about others. We see the people in third world countries who are poor, hungry, and doing without many of the things we have, and we say that is sad. However, many times when we hear reports from those people we realize that they are not sad at all. It is our judgment, I suppose, upon their condition.

I remember when our youth went to Thailand. One of their observations was that they were very happy people. Our thoughts are that being Buddhists was a sad thing, and they really were missing much regarding God. While that thought proved to be true for many, because they were still seeking something to fulfill them, many were satisfied with their lives. We really don't know how people really feel.

The fact that they were not believers in Almighty, Creator God, and Jesus the Savior, we feel they are missing something, and I believe we are correct. However, unless they are seeking something else, they may not be sad or empty in their minds. Many are seeking, as I have heard from the youth about their experience there. Their cup is not full, and I believe Jesus is the answer for that for everyone. Others disagree with me on that, and I do not eant to argue. I'll read other opinions and beliefs on that.

Last edited:

That is an interesting statement and assumption. "Sad and empty," seem to be assumed caracteristics that we apply to those who don't have, believe, or live as we do. I think to some degree we all do that.

However, I would like to address the word "empty." Life has many wonderful aspects. God created us (My belief), and I believe He created man with the ability to enjoy life. He created beautiful things, things we see humor in, and things that can only be looked upon as "awesome."

There is at some point in our lives a place of emptiness in all of us. That is a place that may be considered as incomplete, void, or otherwise just missing something. I think we all have those places in our lives as well. In some cases we seek out ways fo fill that place. We may try to fill it with activity, religion, money and things, or whatever, but too often what we try to place there doesn't fill the void.

The question is, do these things actually complete us. I believe this is where many of us part company, based on our beliefs.

In answering the question, "How much is enough?" Carnegie said, "Just a little more."

I can only speak from my experiences and belief at this point. Others have different views. I personally believe that religion starts out giving us a feeling of satisfaction, and fulfillment. I also believe that at some point religion falls short.

That is why I so often refer to "a personal relationship with God in Christ." I believe this relationship is living, and continuously capable of fulfilling our needs. I believe that our life as believers in this personal relationship is completed as we are "being filled" with the Holy Spirit. What I mean by that is that we are conmtinuously being filled. Of course, when we turn from our faith, either in short term or long term activity, we are not being filled. The filling is a powerful thing. Jesus addressed it as having "living water" and never thirsting again, of as relying on the Bread of life, and never being hungry again. I believe that is what completes us, and fills that void. Jesus said to Satan that we do not live by bread (worldly bread) alone, but by "every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." That woed is the "bread of life."

On "sadness," I believe thins ia another area where we often assume about others. We see the people in third world countries who are poor, hungry, and doing without many of the things we have, and we say that is sad. However, many times when we hear reports from those people we realize that they are not sad at all. It is our judgment, I suppose, upon their condition.

I remember when our youth went to Thailand. One of their observations was that they were very happy people. Our thoughts are that being Buddhists was a sad thing, and they really were missing much regarding God. While that thought proved to be true for many, because they were still seeking something to fulfill them, many were satisfied with their lives. We really don't know how people really feel.

The fact that they were not believers in Almighty, Creator God, and Jesus the Savior, we feel they are missing something, and I believe we are correct. However, unless they are seeking something else, they may not be sad or empty in their minds. Many are seeking, as I have heard from the youth about their experience there. Their cup is not full, and I believe Jesus is the answer for that for everyone. Others disagree with me on that, and I do not eant to argue. I'll read other opinions and beliefs on that.

Better to "fill" your life with something "real".

How Sad and Empty.

There is no such thing as a 'non believer'.

Everyone believes in something - even believing that there is no god is belief.

How sad and empty heaven will be when only those who believe in exactly the same things you believe in show up and you are left to wallow, quite alone, in your own narrow set of beliefs.

Better to "fill" your life with something "real".

That is exactly what I am filled with. That which is not only real, but that which is Creator of real.

How Sad and Empty.

There is no such thing as a 'non believer'.

Everyone believes in something - even believing that there is no god is belief.

How sad and empty heaven will be when only those who believe in exactly the same things you believe in show up and you are left to wallow, quite alone, in your own narrow set of beliefs.

If heaven is full of Pat Robertsons and such I sure do not want to spend eternity with the likes of them.

You might be on to something.. You certainly don't seem to believe most of your threads are as useless and pointless as they really are.

Try believing, and see if that doesn't change your outlook.

Is it me, or is Froggy the only person that can write one sentence and gain several pages of input??

When the muslims take over, all of you folks that don't believe are going to get your head chopped off.

Forum List

Back