Post debate bounce?

True! Every single poll showed WOMEN were mortified over how Old Bitter Biden treated Paul Ryan l with total disdain, disrespect, unbecoming of the Office of the Vice President. Joe Biden will be forever remembered for his nastiness and the stain he left on the office.

I'm sure you leave nastier stains where you sit than Biden does.

Poor Huggy.. running around the forum throwing out insults .. Must suck to be substandard in debate and rhetorical skills.. You lack both and make it all too easy.

Dunno? I laughed to myself when I thought of it. I passed it on in the hopes it would amuse some of you. Am I poorer for the effort? I don't think so.

Looks to me like the VP debate didn't do much else but clarify the difference between the two parties political/social POVs.

No doubt partisans on both sides were pleased with the proformance of their respective candidates.

I doubt either party really got much "bounce" off it.

I tend to agree. VP debates are usually good theatre but they have very little actual impact. Even the "one heart away from the Presidency" angle is pretty much irrelevant this year. Both Obama and Romney are nowhere near a natural death. Trying to assasinate a President in this day and age is almost impossible....whether it's Ryan or Biden all they will do for the next four years is sit in the Senate, bang a gavel to open session, then take a nap until it's time to bang the gavel to close the session.

Looks to me like the VP debate didn't do much else but clarify the difference between the two parties political/social POVs.

No doubt partisans on both sides were pleased with the proformance of their respective candidates.

I tend to agree. VP debates are usually good theatre but they have very little actual impact. Even the "one heart away from the Presidency" angle is pretty much irrelevant this year. Both Obama and Romney are nowhere near a natural death. Trying to assasinate a President in this day and age is almost impossible....whether it's Ryan or Biden all they will do for the next four years is sit in the Senate, bang a gavel to open session, then take a nap until it's time to bang the gavel to close the session.
major promblem is little gets done because they too idelogical and can,t come together. I think romney still going to have his work cut out getting anything done in congress.

vice presidential debates don,t often change anything. this won,t either and larry sabto of crystal ball on twitter said so last night

Yes. I'm not voting for Romney because of Romney. I can't stand Mormans.

Oh ok now I got it....."FUCK THE ECONOMY!!! I HATE MORMONS!!!" Well done Huggy. Have you met JoeB?

The economy is healing just fine in spite of the traitorous actions of the republicans in the House and Senate.

Mitt Romney is a piece of shit that made his fortune stealing from the retirement accounts of thousands of hard working Americans as well as having crazy as bat shit religious beliefs.

Mitt Romney has shown that he is clearly more interested in his own personal wealth than the well being of his fellow Americans.

If you are more interested in Romney's future wealth gains than your own then by all means vote for the piece of shit.

That may be true but sadly looks like many americans will vote for him to be their next president then they will obama.

Oh ok now I got it....."FUCK THE ECONOMY!!! I HATE MORMONS!!!" Well done Huggy. Have you met JoeB?

The economy is healing just fine in spite of the traitorous actions of the republicans in the House and Senate.

Mitt Romney is a piece of shit that made his fortune stealing from the retirement accounts of thousands of hard working Americans as well as having crazy as bat shit religious beliefs.

Mitt Romney has shown that he is clearly more interested in his own personal wealth than the well being of his fellow Americans.

If you are more interested in Romney's future wealth gains than your own then by all means vote for the piece of shit.
While you could get off food stamps and would have an astronomical increase in income, rich people do not want to become president to increase become wealthier.

You are either desperate or a ditz. Come to think of it, they or not mutually exclusive. Ok, you're a desperate ditz.

While you could get off food stamps and would have an astronomical increase in income, rich people do not want to become president to increase become wealthier.

You are either desperate or a ditz. Come to think of it, they or not mutually exclusive. Ok, you're a desperate ditz.
I find it sad anyone would get person about each guy on either side. Both to me seem like decent men.

oh Huggy you are being such a hack. The economy isn;t improving. Who the hell do you think you are kidding? Everyone knows the 7.8% unemployment statistic is the result of a statistical anomoly regarding seasonal adjustments. Do you really think that after years of monthly job growth of about 115,000 that SUDDENLY last month 800,000+ people found jobs? Come on dude....the economy isn't "healing just fine". I know you are passionate, but I have never thought of you as stupid.

As far as Mitt stealing retirement accounts....might I suggest you look into how many unions and liberal organizations have their retirement holdings in Bain? You might be shocked. Google is your friend..use it.

Your second reference to "crazy bat-shit religious beliefs". Frankly I think the Mormon religion is ridiculous BUT do I really think the Mormon church is going to tell Mitthow to run the country? NO!!! That's such a BS argument and it really establishes your bigotry. Maybe you have met JoeB after all.

As far as his own wealth...really...is that why he gave more to charity last year than Obama, Biden, and Ryan put together in their lives?

oh Huggy you are being such a hack. The economy isn;t improving. Who the hell do you think you are kidding? Everyone knows the 7.8% unemployment statistic is the result of a statistical anomoly regarding seasonal adjustments. Do you really think that after years of monthly job growth of about 115,000 that SUDDENLY last month 800,000+ people found jobs? Come on dude....the economy isn't "healing just fine". I know you are passionate, but I have never thought of you as stupid.

As far as Mitt stealing retirement accounts....might I suggest you look into how many unions and liberal organizations have their retirement holdings in Bain? You might be shocked. Google is your friend..use it.

Your second reference to "crazy bat-shit religious beliefs". Frankly I think the Mormon religion is ridiculous BUT do I really think the Mormon church is going to tell Mitthow to run the country? NO!!! That's such a BS argument and it really establishes your bigotry. Maybe you have met JoeB after all.

As far as his own wealth...really...is that why he gave more to charity last year than Obama, Biden, and Ryan put together in their lives?
either way whoever in charge will still struggle to improve the ecnmoey. cutting does not improve it as shown in the uk while spending does not help either. So a president romeny would still have his work cut out

Huggy...remember this little exchange?

When Obama has a teleprompter he's one of the best speakers I have ever heard. God forbid it ever breaks down. He bumbles, stumbles, and damn near stutters. Romney is solid in debates. His answers are clean, clear, and stick a point. There's a reason why he got the nomination. He never had a "death debate" like the rest had. Well unless they have changed the rules, Obama aint gonna have a teleprompter at the debates. He will handle the initial question ok, but when Romney presses him he's gonna be fucked.

Are you serious? I'm going to guess that you are refering to the republican debates. Mittens was "debating" the most pathetic group of assclowns ever pushed in front of the American citizens. Who among THAT sad little troup was a serious debator? Baffoons.

If that is the height of your bar then you and RobMyMoney are in for a shock. Mittens won't be fag prancing out on a stage in front of paid and screened well wishers in the debates wearing a long sleeved white shirt desperately attempting to appear human. His glib juvenile quips compared to the thoughtful remarks by Barak Obama will be an embarrassment to caucasian people. I'm doing "wince" excercises just so I don't pull a muscle watching the things.

Remember how that worked out for you? You really want to try and go for it again? :lol:

either way whoever in charge will still struggle to improve the ecnmoey. cutting does not improve it as shown in the uk while spending does not help either. So a president romeny would still have his work cut out

I would agree. Frankly Congress is more important than the White House, but we know what Obama will do. We've seen it for the last four years. Give Romney the White House with a GOP Senate (holding the House of course) and we just might be able to get out of this mess. If not..8% unamployment may just become the new "normal"

I would agree. Frankly Congress is more important than the White House, but we know what Obama will do. We've seen it for the last four years. Give Romney the White House with a GOP Senate (holding the House of course) and we just might be able to get out of this mess. If not..8% unamployment may just become the new "normal"
the promblem is it looks like that it be shared power with sentate going to one side and house to the other.

so that means that a president romney will struggle to get anything done in same way president obama and president bush have.

too many political divide for two sides to come together. that real issue of this election. the inablity of congress to get anything done in last ten years.

the promblem is it looks like that it be shared power with sentate going to one side and house to the other.

so that means that a president romney will struggle to get anything done in same way president obama and president bush have.

too many political divide for two sides to come together. that real issue of this election. the inablity of congress to get anything done in last ten years.

no just the last 1 1/2. Remember Congress is the main authority when it comes to domestic policy. The president's real power comes with foreign policy. The president only has power in domestic policy if Congress agrees and is willing to advance his agenda. From 2000-2006 Bush had a Republican Congress that did as he asked...and we thrived. In 2007 the Democrats took control of both houses of Congress and they refused to continue Bush's policies. The economy tanked. In 2008 Obama was elected with a supermajority in both houses of Congress. The economy tanked further. In 2010 the Republicans took back the house and ended the filibuster proof majority in the Senate. Now we are gridlocked.

no just the last 1 1/2. Remember Congress is the main authority when it comes to domestic policy. The president's real power comes with foreign policy. The president only has power in domestic policy if Congress agrees and is willing to advance his agenda. From 2000-2006 Bush had a Republican Congress that did as he asked...and we thrived. In 2007 the Democrats took control of both houses of Congress and they refused to continue Bush's policies. The economy tanked. In 2008 Obama was elected with a supermajority in both houses of Congress. The economy tanked further. In 2010 the Republicans took back the house and ended the filibuster proof majority in the Senate. Now we are gridlocked.
Well i think it unfair to blame it all on one side. They got to be give and take from both sides and i think both have been gulity of partisan bickering. In 1995 we had a goverment shutdown as a conservative congress could not come to deal with a democrat president. so both sides have been gulity of this.

doubt romney presidency will change much as it still looks like shared congress again.

Well i think it unfair to blame it all on one side. They got to be give and take from both sides and i think both have been gulity of partisan bickering. In 1995 we had a goverment shutdown as a conservative congress could not come to deal with a democrat president. so both sides have been gulity of this.

doubt romney presidency will change much as it still looks like shared congress again.

I would agree that both share blame for the situation we are in. My personal opinion is that one side is more to blame than the other and the timeline certainly seems to support that. But neither side is innocent by any means. If Romney is elected and the Democrats keep the Senate, I would agree that not much will change. If Romney wins and the GOP has the house and the Senate then I think we will be under 6% unemployment in two years and back to the 4% we enjoyed under Clinton and Bush by the end of his first term. If Obama wins and the Democrats keep the Senate, then 8% unemployment will become standard. What we are experiencing now will be considered "normal"

Last edited:

I would agree that both share blame for the situation we are in. My personal opinion is that one side is more to blame than the other and the timeline certainly seems to support that. But neither side is innocent by any means. If Romney is elected and the Democrats keep the Senate, I would agree that not much will change. If Romney wins and the GOP has the house and the Senate then I think we will be under 6% unemployment in two years and back to the 4% we enjoyed under Clinton and Bush by the end of his first term. If Obama wins and the Democrats keep the Senate, then 8% unemployment will become standard. What we are experiencing now will be considered "normal"
well that might happen but it depend it romney does a balanced approch like regan did or go on a slash and cut too quick approch that david cameron did wrongly in our country. he cut to fast and we seen no growth really in his 2 and half years in charge.

but your right that more would get done if congress controlled by just one side then with shared power. promblem is polls point to sentate going to one side and house to the other.

Predictions? Romney bounce? Obama? None?

The 1st debate changed the tone of the election, and clearly gave Romney a much needed bounce. I'm thinking no bounce from the VP debate, but Romney will have stopped gaining ground.

I think Romney stopped gaining ground before the debate...

But the Veep debate won't make that much of a difference because only the base watches those. Biden did a good job in that he got the base excited, and he called Ryan on his lies.

Will that move independents? Probably not so much.

Again, we've seen this before.

The Incumbant president has a horrible first debate because while he's been busy being president, the challenger has been spending the last four years thinking of nasty things to say to him if they ever got on the same stage. This was true of Reagan in 1984, Bush in 1992, Clinton in 1996, and Bush-43 in 2004. This was the case this year. A combination of bad moderation and an uninspired performance by Obama, Romney got away with lying his ass off.

Then you have a veep debate, where an experienced veep makes mince-meat out of some person who only got the pick because the Challenger was throwing a bone to a key constituency. This was the case when Jeri Ferraro whines "Don't patronize me" when Bush-41 handed her her ass in 1984, it was the case when Edwards tried to shrilly criticize the war and remind everyone that Mary Cheny was a Lesbian in 2004. Gore spanked Kemp in 1996.

It doesn't always work. What everyone remembers about the 1992 Veep Debate was poor Admiral Stockdale seemed lost. But it was the case here. Ryan got spanked.

If the next debate holds true, the Incumbant is going to come out a lot more aggressively, and hit back pretty hard. Reagan did so brilliantly in 1984. Bush also came back a lot stronger in 2004, and everyone will remark how much he improved since the first debate. I think that's what they will say here.

Also, I think the moderators in the next two debates are going to do what Lehrer didn't do. Go after Romney.

I think the next debate has an additional problem for Romney. It's Town Hall style, and Romney never does well when he has to talk to "the little people".

Forum List

Back