Post debate bounce?

Predictions? Romney bounce? Obama? None?

The 1st debate changed the tone of the election, and clearly gave Romney a much needed bounce. I'm thinking no bounce from the VP debate, but Romney will have stopped gaining ground.

I think Romney stopped gaining ground before the debate...

But the Veep debate won't make that much of a difference because only the base watches those. Biden did a good job in that he got the base excited, and he called Ryan on his lies.

Will that move independents? Probably not so much.

Again, we've seen this before.

The Incumbant president has a horrible first debate because while he's been busy being president, the challenger has been spending the last four years thinking of nasty things to say to him if they ever got on the same stage. This was true of Reagan in 1984, Bush in 1992, Clinton in 1996, and Bush-43 in 2004. This was the case this year. A combination of bad moderation and an uninspired performance by Obama, Romney got away with lying his ass off.

Then you have a veep debate, where an experienced veep makes mince-meat out of some person who only got the pick because the Challenger was throwing a bone to a key constituency. This was the case when Jeri Ferraro whines "Don't patronize me" when Bush-41 handed her her ass in 1984, it was the case when Edwards tried to shrilly criticize the war and remind everyone that Mary Cheny was a Lesbian in 2004. Gore spanked Kemp in 1996.

It doesn't always work. What everyone remembers about the 1992 Veep Debate was poor Admiral Stockdale seemed lost. But it was the case here. Ryan got spanked.

If the next debate holds true, the Incumbant is going to come out a lot more aggressively, and hit back pretty hard. Reagan did so brilliantly in 1984. Bush also came back a lot stronger in 2004, and everyone will remark how much he improved since the first debate. I think that's what they will say here.

Also, I think the moderators in the next two debates are going to do what Lehrer didn't do. Go after Romney.

I think the next debate has an additional problem for Romney. It's Town Hall style, and Romney never does well when he has to talk to "the little people".
promblem with town hall debate though is it hard for obama to attack romney as his back will be to him often because of trying to talk to some of the audience.

also does not always mean president have good second debate after bad first. in 1992 bush was not good in first debate but he was even worse in second debate when he looked at his watch and did not answer a voter question well on the debt celing.

Also romney does not like town hall but watching him at rallies he much improved at them. For me though what worries me is unpredicatble nature of the questions from audience which might not help the president.

he under pressure. fail to peform again and its all over in my view sadly.

promblem with town hall debate though is it hard for obama to attack romney as his back will be to him often because of trying to talk to some of the audience.

also does not always mean president have good second debate after bad first. in 1992 bush was not good in first debate but he was even worse in second debate when he looked at his watch and did not answer a voter question well on the debt celing.

Also romney does not like town hall but watching him at rallies he much improved at them. For me though what worries me is unpredicatble nature of the questions from audience which might not help the president.

Not really. Romney's rallies since he locked down the nomination have been controlled events.

There was a case when a PaulBot asked him a question about Mormonism, and he got really unglued.

Again, where I think Romney is going to be really in trouble is that he's not going to get another pass from the Moderators like he did in the first debate.

The Media is putting Raddatz up on a pedastal and dumping on Lehrer (as they should). He's not going to get a free pass next two times out.

Not really. Romney's rallies since he locked down the nomination have been controlled events.

There was a case when a PaulBot asked him a question about Mormonism, and he got really unglued.
Obama was never good at debate. He is not good without a teleprompter because he really doesn't have an inkling of what he should say. He rode the wave hiw first election. Blaming Bush and being "hip" and "black" is not going to cut it this time around.

Simply put, as the first debate hinted, he is a man short on substance.

Last edited:
[
Obama was never good at debate. He is not good without a teleprompter because he really doesn't have an inkling of what he should say. He rode the wave hiw first election. Blaming Bush and being "hip" and "black" is not going to cut it this time around.

Actually, Obama is very good at debates, as Hillary Clinton and John McCain can both testify to.

Of course, Hillary and McCain were engaging in actual debate, not "Let's lie my Mormon Ass off and hope no one calls me on it." Which is what Romney did and Grampa Lehrner didn't even call him on it.

[

Actually, Obama is very good at debates, as Hillary Clinton and John McCain can both testify to.

Of course, Hillary and McCain were engaging in actual debate, not "Let's lie my Mormon Ass off and hope no one calls me on it." Which is what Romney did and Grampa Lehrner didn't even call him on it.

Only the delusional liberals are swallowing the meme that Romney won because he lied. Obama lies every time he opens his mouth. His main problem during the debate is that Romney called him on his lies. He's not used to that. He's used to having his adoring press corpse licking his asshole.

Only the delusional liberals are swallowing the meme that Romney won because he lied. Obama lies every time he opens his mouth. His main problem during the debate is that Romney called him on his lies. He's not used to that. He's used to having his adoring press corpse licking his asshole.

Romney lied his ass off.

He can't help himself. He wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on his magic underwear.

Oh ok now I got it....."FUCK THE ECONOMY!!! I HATE MORMONS!!!" Well done Huggy. Have you met JoeB?

The economy is healing just fine in spite of the traitorous actions of the republicans in the House and Senate.

Mitt Romney is a piece of shit that made his fortune stealing from the retirement accounts of thousands of hard working Americans as well as having crazy as bat shit religious beliefs.

Mitt Romney has shown that he is clearly more interested in his own personal wealth than the well being of his fellow Americans.

If you are more interested in Romney's future wealth gains than your own then by all means vote for the piece of shit.

oh Huggy you are being such a hack. The economy isn;t improving. Who the hell do you think you are kidding? Everyone knows the 7.8% unemployment statistic is the result of a statistical anomoly regarding seasonal adjustments. Do you really think that after years of monthly job growth of about 115,000 that SUDDENLY last month 800,000+ people found jobs? Come on dude....the economy isn't "healing just fine". I know you are passionate, but I have never thought of you as stupid.

As far as Mitt stealing retirement accounts....might I suggest you look into how many unions and liberal organizations have their retirement holdings in Bain? You might be shocked. Google is your friend..use it.

Your second reference to "crazy bat-shit religious beliefs". Frankly I think the Mormon religion is ridiculous BUT do I really think the Mormon church is going to tell Mitthow to run the country? NO!!! That's such a BS argument and it really establishes your bigotry. Maybe you have met JoeB after all.

As far as his own wealth...really...is that why he gave more to charity last year than Obama, Biden, and Ryan put together in their lives?

I don't see the Morman church/cult as a legitimate charity.

The economy is healing just fine in spite of the traitorous actions of the republicans in the House and Senate.

Mitt Romney is a piece of shit that made his fortune stealing from the retirement accounts of thousands of hard working Americans as well as having crazy as bat shit religious beliefs.

Mitt Romney has shown that he is clearly more interested in his own personal wealth than the well being of his fellow Americans.

If you are more interested in Romney's future wealth gains than your own then by all means vote for the piece of shit.

oh Huggy you are being such a hack. The economy isn;t improving. Who the hell do you think you are kidding? Everyone knows the 7.8% unemployment statistic is the result of a statistical anomoly regarding seasonal adjustments. Do you really think that after years of monthly job growth of about 115,000 that SUDDENLY last month 800,000+ people found jobs? Come on dude....the economy isn't "healing just fine". I know you are passionate, but I have never thought of you as stupid.

As far as Mitt stealing retirement accounts....might I suggest you look into how many unions and liberal organizations have their retirement holdings in Bain? You might be shocked. Google is your friend..use it.

Your second reference to "crazy bat-shit religious beliefs". Frankly I think the Mormon religion is ridiculous BUT do I really think the Mormon church is going to tell Mitthow to run the country? NO!!! That's such a BS argument and it really establishes your bigotry. Maybe you have met JoeB after all.

As far as his own wealth...really...is that why he gave more to charity last year than Obama, Biden, and Ryan put together in their lives?

I don't see the Morman church/cult as a legitimate charity.

Your opinion doesn't matter in determing a legitimate charity.

Romney lied his ass off.

He can't help himself. He wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on his magic underwear.

What did he lie about?

Obama has been lying for 4 solid years. The libturd definition of a lie is anything they disagree with.

Romney lied his ass off.

What did he lie about?

Obama has been lying for 4 solid years. The libturd definition of a lie is anything they disagree with.

How about, his tax cuts will pay for themselves...

10 Most Shameless Romney Debate Lies -- Debunked | Alternet

Not that you can be educated...

Your opinion doesn't matter in determing a legitimate charity.

A "church" that has 30 billion in business related investments isn't a "charity"...

It's a corporation...
well he trying to help other people in need which is good thing. I don,t see either way why charity giving in turned into political season on either side

I don't consider the Mormon Church to be a charity.

It's a scam.

That some of the money finds its way to poor people they think they can scam into joining the cult is irrelevent. Most of it goes to expanding the LDS Power base.

The main reason I'm voting against Romney. I don't want to see his cult getting any more power than it already has.

Again, where I think Romney is going to be really in trouble is that he's not going to get another pass from the Moderators like he did in the first debate.

The Media is putting Raddatz up on a pedastal and dumping on Lehrer (as they should). He's not going to get a free pass next two times out.

Raddatz was a simpering wimp who control Biden's childish tahtrums.

Rpmeny won't be in any trouble and Bammy won't have a teleprompter, THERE is wher the real trouble.

Bammy can't function without it.

This is a joke right? Old Joe is sending moderate woman to Romney as fast as their flats will carry them. Once again the Dem party misread what their function should have been in the debate.

First debate - Obama didn't want to look like the angry black man. Instead he looked like an empty podeum. Big loss in terms of votes.

veep debate - Biden wants to show some power - but WAAAAAY overplays his hand sending turned off women to the right.

That second debate - along with benghazi will cost the dems another 2-3 points...

True! Every single poll showed WOMEN were mortified over how Old Bitter Biden treated Paul Ryan l with total disdain, disrespect, unbecoming of the Office of the Vice President. Joe Biden will be forever remembered for his nastiness and the stain he left on the office.

Biden reminded women of every abusive guy they have ever known. He's the husband they walked out on, the boyfriend who humiliated them in public and the jerk boss who laughed at them and needled them every day. This is a different election. Women aren't put off, they are infuriated. I have not heard a woman yet who didn't want to slap Biden in the face. That metaphorical slap is coming in November. Biden's performance art is going to make a difference.

Several politicos, both democrats and republicans said that this is the real Biden. This is the way he always acts. This is what he does when he attends meetings. This is the man who plagiarized his way up. This was Joe being Joe.

Romney lied his ass off.

What did he lie about?

How about, his tax cuts will pay for themselves...

10 Most Shameless Romney Debate Lies -- Debunked | Alternet

Not that you can be educated...

Good example. It's purely libturd opinion that Romney's claims are wrong, not fact.

Here are some facts: Obama knew the attack on the Libyan consulate was not "spontaneous." He lied about that for two weeks. He lied about it during the debate.

A "church" that has 30 billion in business related investments isn't a "charity"...

It's a corporation...
well he trying to help other people in need which is good thing. I don,t see either way why charity giving in turned into political season on either side

It's a scam.

That some of the money finds its way to poor people they think they can scam into joining the cult is irrelevent. Most of it goes to expanding the LDS Power base.

The main reason I'm voting against Romney. I don't want to see his cult getting any more power than it already has.
i would not vote for romney if i was american but i would not base it because of his religious views. But you have the right to your view.

It's a scam.

i would not vote for romney if i was american but i would not base it because of his religious views. But you have the right to your view.

If you're not an American why are you here?? I don't get it?! How many Americans every day log on to a forum in Italy and get involved in that country's politics??? I'm willing to wager NEXT TO NONE.. Why?? BECAUSE IT'S INSANE.. Who thinks like this???

It's a scam.

If you're not an American why are you here?? I don't get it?! How many Americans every day log on to a forum in Italy and get involved in that country's politics??? I'm willing to wager NEXT TO NONE.. Why?? BECAUSE IT'S INSANE.. Who thinks like this???
It not insane. Ask the british reporters who spend their life in america talking about american politics. What happens in america affects everything around the world. So why should i not be able to express my views on this.

Forum List

Back