Post debate bounce?

more signs he going to win sadly. conservatives this is been ten days of total joy for you guys. so depressing on our side. well if you do win well done.

Predictions? Romney bounce? Obama? None?

The 1st debate changed the tone of the election, and clearly gave Romney a much needed bounce. I'm thinking no bounce from the VP debate, but Romney will have stopped gaining ground.

Polling shows he stopped gaining ground before the debate. If O can make it a real debate on Tuesday, this is as close as Romney gets.

Stop being a DNC mouthpiece....you thought OBama won the debate...you know shit

The 1st debate changed the tone of the election, and clearly gave Romney a much needed bounce. I'm thinking no bounce from the VP debate, but Romney will have stopped gaining ground.

I tend to agree. For the most part the debate won't change anyone's mind. I watched two focus groups of undecided voters react to the debate and none of them said it had an impact on their vote. If there is any bounce at all it will be 0.5% in Romney's favor to simply a slowing (not a complete stop) of Romney's surge. Contrary to what other posters have said, the Romney swing has not stopped. He continues to gain ground and the states that Obama has leads in are seeing those leads dry up.

Regardless, we really won't know the full extent of the VP debate until Monday when the tracking polls (that use a multi-day rolling average) start to come in and then I believe the next Obama/Romney debate is the very next day so it's highlty unlikely that even if a bounce does occur that we will be able to effectively measure it before the next debate takes effect.

I do think Biden was attempting to capture what Romney had in the 1st debate, and testing the limits for Obama.

I agree with that, it'll be interesting.......I dont think this debate will do much.....but I like how Ryan did....

I think you'll see an Obama VP debate CRASH according to CNN and NBC polls directly after the VP debate.

By a 50%-41% margin, debate watchers say that Ryan rather than Biden better expressed himself.

Seven in ten said Biden was seen as spending more time attacking his opponent, and that may be a contributing factor in Ryan's 53%-43% advantage on being more likable. Ryan also had a slight advantage on being more in touch with the problems of average Americans.
CNN Poll: Debate watchers split on who won VP debate – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Obama is already TOAST. 70 million Americans got a good look at the difference between Romney and Obama during the 1st Presidential debate--and they watched Joe Biden last night that was as obnoxious as a drunk you're forced to sit next too. The last two Presidential debates are now meaningless. IT'S OVER. Romney/Ryan are surging in the polls.

As presidential polls across the nation swing in Mitt Romney’s favor, one survey taker has already called three battleground states for the Republican.

David Paleologos, director of Suffolk University’s Research Center said he has pulled his pollsters out of Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia as all three look set to go to Romney.

“We’ve already painted those red," Paleologos told Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly. “We’re not polling any of those states again. We’re focusing on the remaining states.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNTUkZpk3kc]Suffolk Polling Yanks Workers From Florida, North Carolina and Virginia - Gives States to Romney - YouTube[/ame]

This was done prior to the VP debate. Americans have got a good look at Romney in the 1st debate and Paul Ryan last night--and the last two debates are now meaningless. Romney is surging while Obama with the help of Joe Biden last night is taking this administration down. In fact, I think it's going to be a landslide victory for Romney/Ryan.

Last edited:
VP debates never influence the election.

You are in error. Myself and millions of Americans were so put off by Palin that we changed our votes.

So Palin is why you didnt vote for McCain or why you're not voting for Romney........I'm gonna have to have a Joe Biden chuckle on that one

Yes. I'm not voting for Romney because of Romney. I can't stand Mormans. Ryan is a weasle but he is secondary. I also actually like Obama. He is honest and trustworthy. I would vote for him just because he kept his word and killed Bin Ladin. That may not be important to many but to me it mattered...a lot. Having visited NY and stood on the top of the towers..some things just stick in one's mind. That same day I was in the crown of the Statue of Liberty. These were very meaningful events in my life. One of them was taken away. Obama avenged that one. Bush, whom I voted for failed. I did not take that failure well.

This is a joke right? Old Joe is sending moderate woman to Romney as fast as their flats will carry them. Once again the Dem party misread what their function should have been in the debate.

First debate - Obama didn't want to look like the angry black man. Instead he looked like an empty podeum. Big loss in terms of votes.

veep debate - Biden wants to show some power - but WAAAAAY overplays his hand sending turned off women to the right.

That second debate - along with benghazi will cost the dems another 2-3 points...

This is a joke right? Old Joe is sending moderate woman to Romney as fast as their flats will carry them. Once again the Dem party misread what their function should have been in the debate.

First debate - Obama didn't want to look like the angry black man. Instead he looked like an empty podeum. Big loss in terms of votes.

veep debate - Biden wants to show some power - but WAAAAAY overplays his hand sending turned off women to the right.

That second debate - along with benghazi will cost the dems another 2-3 points...

Are you a turned off woman?

True! Every single poll showed WOMEN were mortified over how Old Bitter Biden treated Paul Ryan l with total disdain, disrespect, unbecoming of the Office of the Vice President. Joe Biden will be forever remembered for his nastiness and the stain he left on the office.

True! Every single poll showed WOMEN were mortified over how Old Bitter Biden treated Paul Ryan l with total disdain, disrespect, unbecoming of the Office of the Vice President. Joe Biden will be forever remembered for his nastiness and the stain he left on the office.

I'm sure you leave nastier stains where you sit than Biden does.

I'm sure you leave nastier stains where you sit than Biden does.

Poor Huggy.. running around the forum throwing out insults .. Must suck to be substandard in debate and rhetorical skills.. You lack both and make it all too easy.

Right up there with the stain Bill Clinton left in the office. :D

Looks to me like the VP debate didn't do much else but clarify the difference between the two parties political/social POVs.

No doubt partisans on both sides were pleased with the proformance of their respective candidates.

I doubt either party really got much "bounce" off it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back