Portland bakery fires employees for denying black woman service after closing

They didn't deny her service because she was black, they denied service because they were closing.

I can read asshole but if it was not about race then why even point out the race of the person?,

IMO the problem is with how you whites around here pull up these kinds of stores while using them to deny or discredit the real racism out there blacks and other non whites face.

The owners of the bakery made it about race.

Again, I don't care what the owners did., I do care that you bought up an insignificant story in order to try allowing others to use this example to discount or deny actual instances of racism.

I am doing nothing of the sort. I am making fun of owners who fire employees for perceived racism why claiming at the same time they have no real evidence of it.

You are doing exactly that. Try posting stories of actual racism sometimes.

And ignore obvious race war pimps, race hustlers and lawsuit lottery seekers like you do? It takes at least 2 sides to get the whole story now. When was the last time you posted anything about a racial minorities bullying, intimidating or otherwise strong-arming whites into special treatment? I don't recall one. Not sure why someone else should be more even-handed than you are willing to be.

So evidently firing employees just doing their job is easier than standing up to a person higher than them on the pity pole complaining.

In one statement, "Back To Eden Bakery" says that according to its own surveillance video, a black woman named "Lillian", who is well known in the area as a "professional equity activist", entered at 9:06 p.m., after the bakery's closing time. Employees had also turned off the "Open" sign, but several customers (all white) who had already ordered were still inside. Two other white women who went to the bakery two minutes before "Lillian", and were also informed that the business was closed for the night.

So zero evidence of racism, but the employees were fired anyway.

Naturally they are also trying to blame the "alt-right" for messing with them being douches.

Our business is under full assault by the Alt-Right and people fueled by their own white supremacy. We have been getting hundreds of calls, emails, DM’s, negative reviews and vitriolic comments from people all over the globe with no connection to Portland or our business. The original post was removed because the number of trolls that were flocking to it was more than we could effectively manage. We took screenshots and know that many others did as well. These comments are not simply critical of our actions (we can handle that) but they are meant to be intimidating and dehumanizing to everyone involved. Our employees and the community that is attempting to support and/or actually dialogue with us is feeling unsafe and we have an obligation to them. We are anti-censorship and support everyone’s freedom of speech but will not allow any of our platforms to be a repository of hate.
White people......victims.

The employees were the victims you dope.

Were they fired for denying service or for being rude

The employees have one hell of a law suit.

Not sure if this is a right to work state or not, it won’t matter, the owners made it clear there was a reason, and let the lawsuit begin!

I can read asshole but if it was not about race then why even point out the race of the person?,

IMO the problem is with how you whites around here pull up these kinds of stores while using them to deny or discredit the real racism out there blacks and other non whites face.

Again, I don't care what the owners did., I do care that you bought up an insignificant story in order to try allowing others to use this example to discount or deny actual instances of racism.

I am doing nothing of the sort. I am making fun of owners who fire employees for perceived racism why claiming at the same time they have no real evidence of it.

And ignore obvious race war pimps, race hustlers and lawsuit lottery seekers like you do? It takes at least 2 sides to get the whole story now. When was the last time you posted anything about a racial minorities bullying, intimidating or otherwise strong-arming whites into special treatment? I don't recall one. Not sure why someone else should be more even-handed than you are willing to be.

How about we look at nearly 242 years of white racist law and policy? And when I say 242 years, that means from 1776 until this time right now? That would be 1:07pm CST Monday June 4, 2018. How about that? Would you like to comment about the overall damage caused by giving whites 242 years of the ability to strongarm by law and policy as well as maintain the special treatment whites have always given themselves? What about the 242 years of white race war pimps, white race hustlers and lawsuit lottery seekers that have been a part of that as well as allowing you to actually believe you can try this argument?

What's your point here? How many instances of this do we see in America compared to the other side of things? HA?

My point is the owners of the shop are morons.

Really? I don't think so.

They didn't deny her service because she was black, they denied service because they were closing.

They denied 2 white people BEFORE they denied the black person. Tell me again who made this about race?

So? That's not my reason for posting.

How about we look at nearly 242 years of white racist law and policy? And when I say 242 years, that means from 1776 until this time right now? That would be 1:07pm CST Monday June 4, 2018. How about that? Would you like to comment about the overall damage caused by giving whites 242 years of the ability to strongarm by law and policy as well as maintain the special treatment whites have always given themselves? What about the 242 years of white race war pimps, white race hustlers and lawsuit lottery seekers that have been a part of that as well as allowing you to actually believe you can try his argument?

Damn, you are old!

How about we look at nearly 242 years of white racist law and policy? And when I say 242 years, that means from 1776 until this time right now? That would be 1:07pm CST Monday June 4, 2018. How about that? Would you like to comment about the overall damage caused by giving whites 242 years of the ability to strongarm by law and policy as well as maintain the special treatment whites have always given themselves? What about the 242 years of white race war pimps, white race hustlers and lawsuit lottery seekers that have been a part of that as well as allowing you to actually believe you can try his argument?

Damn, you are old!

Damn, you are a dumb ass!

How about we look at nearly 242 years of white racist law and policy? And when I say 242 years, that means from 1776 until this time right now? That would be 1:07pm CST Monday June 4, 2018. How about that? Would you like to comment about the overall damage caused by giving whites 242 years of the ability to strongarm by law and policy as well as maintain the special treatment whites have always given themselves? What about the 242 years of white race war pimps, white race hustlers and lawsuit lottery seekers that have been a part of that as well as allowing you to actually believe you can try this argument?

I'm a woman, so oppressed more than you and for longer. You can bitch about whites all you want, but both oppress women throughout history. Again I say to you, "Get in line!" I'll give a darn about your racial grievances after you give a darn about my gender grievances (far worse, far longer and far more worldwide).

My point is the owners of the shop are morons.

Really? I don't think so.

They denied 2 white people BEFORE they denied the black person. Tell me again who made this about race?

So? That's not my reason for posting.

No, your only point EVER is that ALL whites are racist by default even if they don't mean to be. It is interesting to me that you don't believe all men are misogynist but use "whitesplaining" (obviously appropriating "mansplaining"), while completely dismissing the demographic you twisted the term from.

So evidently firing employees just doing their job is easier than standing up to a person higher than them on the pity pole complaining.

In one statement, "Back To Eden Bakery" says that according to its own surveillance video, a black woman named "Lillian", who is well known in the area as a "professional equity activist", entered at 9:06 p.m., after the bakery's closing time. Employees had also turned off the "Open" sign, but several customers (all white) who had already ordered were still inside. Two other white women who went to the bakery two minutes before "Lillian", and were also informed that the business was closed for the night.

Naturally they are also trying to blame the "alt-right" for messing with them being douches.

Our business is under full assault by the Alt-Right and people fueled by their own white supremacy. We have been getting hundreds of calls, emails, DM’s, negative reviews and vitriolic comments from people all over the globe with no connection to Portland or our business. The original post was removed because the number of trolls that were flocking to it was more than we could effectively manage. We took screenshots and know that many others did as well. These comments are not simply critical of our actions (we can handle that) but they are meant to be intimidating and dehumanizing to everyone involved. Our employees and the community that is attempting to support and/or actually dialogue with us is feeling unsafe and we have an obligation to them. We are anti-censorship and support everyone’s freedom of speech but will not allow any of our platforms to be a repository of hate.

Again - "the NFL has the right to require employees to do what they want and they can fire them for any reason.
- "how dare Back To Eden Bakery do as they see fit and fire people for any reason"

Cons have the Golem/Smeagol voice going in their head all the time.

Again - "the NFL has the right to require employees to do what they want and they can fire them for any reason.
- "how dare Back To Eden Bakery do as they see fit and fire people for any reason"

Cons have the Golem/Smeagol voice going in their head all the time.

Who was fired by the NFL?

And where do i call for the heads of the owners of the bakery?

I'm calling them idiots and making fun of them.

I'm a woman, so oppressed more than you and for longer. You can bitch about whites all you want, but both oppress women throughout history. Again I say to you, "Get in line!" I'll give a darn about your racial grievances after you give a darn about my gender grievances (far worse, far longer and far more worldwide).

No you weren't. I know plenty about what women have suffered. But I also know that white women participated in the racism here and still do. You see, the women I know who I have worked with in areas of activism understand that both have suffered and that there is no "I suffered more" shit. They believe that we both should work together to make the changes that benefit both groups. But you dumb racist white females try putting yourselves on pedestals even as you participate in the racism and then your asses marry your "oppressors' to carry on the same racism they do. I got your line, and maybe you need not be snorting it.

No you weren't. I know plenty about what women have suffered. But I also know that white women participated in the racism here and still do. You see, the women I know who I have worked with in areas of activism understand that both have suffered and that there is no "I suffered more" shit. They believe that we both should work together to make the changes that benefit both groups. But you dumb racist white females try putting yourselves on pedestals even as you participate in the racism and then your asses marry your "oppressors' to carry on the same racism they do. I got your line, and maybe you need not be snorting it.

Black men oppressed women loooong before white women oppressed you. You don't care. You completely dismiss our struggle because you only care about yours. Tell me again why I should join you in your struggle when you openly dismiss and even mock mine, even though you are still engaging in your oppression of me. You misappropriate words to steal my victimhood, and you do it unapologetically. How can you possibly criticize a long-oppressed minority because of their reaction to oppression (get in line) while claiming your less-oppressed minority cannot be blamed for their behavior. Get your boot off my neck. Suck it up, just like you have been telling us since the dawn of humanity!

Racist white females is funny BTW. No one is more cruel to a white female with a biracial child than a black female. Generally, black females will humiliate the child for having a white parent, nevermind the way they treat the white mother for daring to love a black man.

Black men oppressed women loooong before white women oppressed you. You don't care. You completely dismiss our struggle because you only care about yours. Tell me again why I should join you in your struggle when you openly dismiss and even mock mine, even though you are still engaging in your oppression of me. You misappropriate words to steal my victimhood, and you do it unapologetically. How can you possibly criticize a long-oppressed minority because of their reaction to oppression (get in line) while claiming your less-oppressed minority cannot be blamed for their behavior. Get your boot off my neck. Suck it up, just like you have been telling us since the dawn of humanity!

Less oppressed minority my ass. Women aren't even a fucking minority. White men created laws stopping interracial marriage and white women went along with it. White women have caused the deaths and beatings of black men by lying on us. You owned slaves, You caused black men, children and women to be lynched. You have been willing participants and partners in the oppression of non white people here and abroad. I have not mocked shit, I have simply stated a fact that white women know themselves. I've worked with many women's groups in my years pf activism and there is no such thing as who suffered more. Suffering is suffering. Yours is a counterproductive argument that goes nowhere fast. But if all such groups ban together change happens. So you are either a woman or you are white and his has been the problem with some white women. You want to play both sides, You are now the victim of oppression, but at the same time you argue the whit racist argument about race pimps and shit. Homie don't play that, to use an a oldie. So as long as you do this, I don't give a damn what you think and I doesn't matter if you take my side or not. There are many women who do, and I support them in their fight as well. But white women like you? No.

"In one statement, the bakery admitted that the employees did not necessarily do anything wrong, "this is more about how a black woman was made to feel" at the business." :rolleyes:

This is the world you libs have created.

Racist white females is funny BTW. No one is more cruel to a white female with a biracial child than a black female. Generally, black females will humiliate the child for having a white parent, nevermind the way they treat the white mother for daring to love a black man.

Your white victimization doesn't work here. I have a biracial child and whites were pretty nasty about that. And then you hear the n word lover being shouted at your woman by whites, then she comes home and tells you how other white men and women treat her at work.

Forum List

Back