It just HAS to be about skin color

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
'You don't look like a legislator': Security stops black, female lawmaker going to work in Ohio
COLUMBUS – State Rep. Emilia Sykes was walking to work in the Ohio Statehouse last year with a fellow lawmaker when she was stopped by security. Officers needed to search her bag, she was told.

Sykes is serving her third year as a Democratic state representative from Akron. She is also a 32-year-old black woman. Her colleague, who was not searched, is a 65-year-old white man who has served in the Legislature for many years.

Sykes said she questioned why her bag needed to be searched when that wasn't protocol. Lawmakers only need a badge to gain access to the Statehouse or the nearby Riffe Center, which houses many lawmakers' offices

So, she is 32. Guess what it thought when I read that? "thats awfully young"
Guess what the officers said the reason was..Too young.
Poor poor victims :itsok:

You know what I thought? Will the sixty five year old white man be named and will he vouch for that version of the story? There have been far too many cries of racism for me to believe it without question.

"COLUMBUS – State Rep. Emilia Sykes was walking to work in the Ohio Statehouse last year with a fellow lawmaker when she was stopped by security.

Officers needed to search her bag, she was told."

Why is this an issue THIS YEAR???

'You don't look like a legislator': Security stops black, female lawmaker going to work in Ohio
COLUMBUS – State Rep. Emilia Sykes was walking to work in the Ohio Statehouse last year with a fellow lawmaker when she was stopped by security. Officers needed to search her bag, she was told.

Sykes is serving her third year as a Democratic state representative from Akron. She is also a 32-year-old black woman. Her colleague, who was not searched, is a 65-year-old white man who has served in the Legislature for many years.

Sykes said she questioned why her bag needed to be searched when that wasn't protocol. Lawmakers only need a badge to gain access to the Statehouse or the nearby Riffe Center, which houses many lawmakers' offices

Ohio is a police state and Columbus is its energy source.

I was tipped for a job opening there once; I sent the résumé and rec letter, they sent me back all kinds of threats about how I'd be vetted inside out and jailed if my socks didn't match. I told them to cram it.

In the instant case if she's walking with the 65-year-old white guy and they seem to know him --- how come they didn't believe him when he said "she's with me"? Or did he just walk away? Yeah something doesn't quite add up.

Let us all live in the white dudes pretend world where color doesn't matter even as his ass makes racist comments about people of color daily.

You know what I thought? Will the sixty five year old white man be named and will he vouch for that version of the story? There have been far too many cries of racism for me to believe it without question.

Do you ever take the time to maybe realize that the claims of racism are actually true? Or are you one of the "brilliant" whites here who allows other whites to inform you how racism against people of color doesn't exist.

Let us all live in the white dudes pretend world where color doesn't matter even as his ass makes racist comments about people of color daily.
didnt even come close to saying that

Do you ever take the time to maybe realize that the claims of racism are actually true? Or are you one of the "brilliant" whites here who allows other whites to inform you how racism against people of color doesn't exist.
Are you willing to admit that there have been many instances of false claims of racism?

Are you willing to admit that there have been many instances of false claims of racism?

No. Because there hasn't been many. Very few is the correct term to use.

Incorrect! Start with the tawanna Bradley case! The Duke La Crosse players and more more more!

Incorrect! Start with the tawanna Bradley case! The Duke La Crosse players and more more more!
that's two, spread over 20+ years.

try harder

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

try harder
Horseshit, do your own google you might surprise yourself.

try harder

good of ewe to admit right off that ewe have nothing :thup:

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

try harder

What? Ewe have never heard of any, don’t want to hear of any or just don’t care about fake cries of racism? Probably the latter.

try harder

What? Ewe have never heard of any, don’t want to hear of any or just don’t care about fake cries of racism? Probably the latter.

try harder

The police are out in the streets stalking black people! Bwaaaaahaaaaha! How many cops have been murdered because of that lie?

What dew we want? Dead cops! When do we want them? Now! Yep. Fake racism is racism.

try harder

The police are out in the streets stalking black people! Bwaaaaahaaaaha! How many cops have been murdered because of that lie?

millions, i'm sure

try harder

None. Cops kill over 1000 people per year. Fewer than 50 are killed by actual "combat" situations. More of them are killed by car accidents or because they are out of shape and have heart attacks than are killed by criminals. Instead of listening to right wing garbage there are actual websites that track this.

Forum List

Back