Pelosi: Health Care 'Public Option' needs New Name....Orwell Lives!

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Jan 3, 2009
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
Can't bullshit anyone anymore with "universal coverage", "single-payer" or the uber-cynical "public option" to describe socialized medicine?

NO PROBLEMA!!!

Just pull a page from the George Orwell book of semantic duplicity and dub it the "competitive option"!!

SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) - A government-sponsored "public option" for health care lives, though it may be more attractive to skeptics if it goes by a different moniker, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Monday.

In an appearance at a Florida senior center, the Democratic leader referred to the so-called public option as "the consumer option." Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., appeared by Pelosi's side and used the term "competitive option."

Both suggested new terminology might get them past any lingering doubts among the public—or consumers or competitors.

Pelosi: Health care 'public option' needs new name

Same way they tried to re-label "health care reform" to "Health Insurance Reform."

That didn't even catch on with MSNBC!:rofl:

Again, "controlling the message" is all these clods really care about and they've been a towering failure at it.

Last edited:
Nannycare? Wish you were dead plan? Deficit suicide plan? You need a heart transplant, how did you vote last election care? Where did our doctors go plan? Take your number and pray plan?

Freedom of Choice in Less Expensive More Comprehensive Medical Coverage To Make your Children Better Looking Option

So basically the Dems are saying is the public is stupid and if we change the name it will pass.

I can't believe there is one person alive in this country who agrees with the government trying to trick the public.... Could imagine if Republicans tried this????????

[SIZE=+1]Quotes[/SIZE]
"Medical bankruptcies are an epidemic in the United States. Nearly 62 percent of all U.S. bankruptcies in 2007 were due to health care costs - and 78 percent of medical bankrupt people had insurance."
-- --Zaid Jilani , Link

"Who gives a fuck?"
-- The Republican party

I'm trying to imagine you giving a fuck about your fellow countrymen with no healthcare insurance or going bankrupt and having it.....so far - I'm having no luck.

Eat shit, asshole.

If you need to keep fudging your words to describe something that isn't selling, then there's something profoundly questionable about your motives.

And if you're fool enough to believe that "giving a fuck" comes from the barrel of a gun, you're farther gone than I had imagined.

Last edited:
"There are 52 solid Democrats for the public option. Only about five Democrats oppose it. Should the 52 give in to the five? Or should the five go along with the vast majority of the Democratic caucus?"
-- Tom Harkin, making more sense than usual, Link

Senate health bill will include public option
CNNMoney.com - 10-26-09
The Senate fate of any bill with a public option is unclear, due to unanimous Republican opposition and concerns by some conservative and moderate Democrats

"There are 52 solid Democrats for the public option. Only about five Democrats oppose it. Should the 52 give in to the five? Or should the five go along with the vast majority of the Democratic caucus?"
-- Tom Harkin, making more sense than usual, Link

Senate health bill will include public option
CNNMoney.com - 10-26-09
The Senate fate of any bill with a public option is unclear, due to unanimous Republican opposition and concerns by some conservative and moderate Democrats

Why cant each senator simply vote on what he or she believes his or her constituants want?

I know...what a radical idea!

I'm trying to imagine you giving a fuck about your fellow countrymen with no healthcare insurance or going bankrupt and having it.....so far - I'm having no luck.

Giving a fuck about others can include supporting charities and giving out of your own free will.. as MANY conservatives do and as many who are against government entitlement for non-contributors....

Giving a fuck does not have to equal forced redistribution

What was I thinking? - charity and charity alone is the answer to healthcare reform.....that and maybe some more taxbreaks for the large insurance companies.

Forum List

Back