Pelosi: Health Care 'Public Option' needs New Name....Orwell Lives!

"There are 52 solid Democrats for the public option. Only about five Democrats oppose it. Should the 52 give in to the five? Or should the five go along with the vast majority of the Democratic caucus?"
-- Tom Harkin, making more sense than usual, Link

Senate health bill will include public option
CNNMoney.com - 10-26-09
The Senate fate of any bill with a public option is unclear, due to unanimous Republican opposition and concerns by some conservative and moderate Democrats

Why cant each senator simply vote on what he or she believes his or her constituants want?

I know...what a radical idea!

What? You mean actually having elected officials represent the views of the American people? Damn! That is ridiculous. What are you, some kind of neocon Nazi nutjob?

I have the perfect name

Senate
Council
Regarding
Everyone's
Wellness and
Evasion of
Disease

hc-ship-on-board.jpg

I hope Obama has a life vest because odds are he can't swim.

I thought I made it clear on page 2, but I'll try again. Get the government out of the way and allow the market to lower the price of healthcare insurance by creating more competition. The natural tendency of the market is toward lower prices and higher efficiency, whereas the natural tendency of government is toward inefficiency, bureaucracy, higher prices, and stagnation. Keeping that in mind, do we want more government or do we want real reform?

yes I think we had a look at how derugulation and the market when allowed to run wild worked out...... nothing new here folks move along.

And when was that?

I said it a billion times, you can tell you're talking to a moron as soon as they talk about "Deregulation" in American in 2009 like it was something real

How about the "For the Children Plan".
Oops, I forgot, SCHIP already is that plan.

Umm, what about the Fuzzy Bunny Plan? Who can be against fuzzy bunnies?

hc-ship-on-board.jpg

so what is the conservative plan... other than "no"?

I thought I made it clear on page 2, but I'll try again. Get the government out of the way and allow the market to lower the price of healthcare insurance by creating more competition. The natural tendency of the market is toward lower prices and higher efficiency, whereas the natural tendency of government is toward inefficiency, bureaucracy, higher prices, and stagnation. Keeping that in mind, do we want more government or do we want real reform?

yes I think we had a look at how derugulation and the market when allowed to run wild worked out...... nothing new here folks move along.

You're right nothing new here with people confusing our centrally planned economy with deregulation and a "free" market.

You're right nothing new here with people confusing our centrally planned economy with deregulation and a "free" market.

so tell me more aout your plan and just how exactly it is to be executed in time to correct the Healthcare mess?

Remember when all the Chuck Todds of the pundit class said that the public option was dead and liberals supported it because conservatives didn't? Wrong again.[HP]

Remember when all the Chuck Todds of the pundit class said that the public option was dead and liberals supported it because conservatives didn't? Wrong again.[HP]

Public Option? Wussdat?

I thought it was Magikal HealthCare and Children Assistance Plan?

Public Option?

so tell me more aout your plan and just how exactly it is to be executed in time to correct the Healthcare mess?

In time for what?

Getting the government out of the way shouldn't take long at all, if the government were willing to actually do it. They'd simply have to stop mandating fixed prices, allow competition over state lines, and let people freely choose what healthcare insurance they want if any. The competition would bring prices down and as more people stopped relying solely on their insurance for every single doctors visit, instead relying on it only for emergencies as insurance is intended, you'd see them drop even more.

How about they just call it:
"The Pelosi-Reid hell with it, we're outta here come 2010 so why should we care if the public is pissed when they finally realize what a sham we are, OPTION"

Can't bullshit anyone anymore with "universal coverage", "single-payer" or the uber-cynical "public option" to describe socialized medicine?

NO PROBLEMA!!!

Just pull a page from the George Orwell book of semantic duplicity and dub it the "competitive option"!!

SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) - A government-sponsored "public option" for health care lives, though it may be more attractive to skeptics if it goes by a different moniker, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Monday.

In an appearance at a Florida senior center, the Democratic leader referred to the so-called public option as "the consumer option." Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., appeared by Pelosi's side and used the term "competitive option."

Both suggested new terminology might get them past any lingering doubts among the public—or consumers or competitors.

Pelosi: Health care 'public option' needs new name

Nancy "3rd Reich" Pelosi really thinks we are that stupid.

What a bitch.

L.O.L - Kevin thinks it's the governments fault that insurance companies fix their prices and raise them at will....but people driving from state to state looking for lower rates will fix that!

L.O.L - Kevin thinks it's the governments fault that insurance companies fix their prices and raise them at will....but people driving from state to state looking for lower rates will fix that!

Yeah, and canadians driving to the US in droves nowadays to take advantage of our so-called "flawed healthcare system" will surely fix Canada's woeful healthcare system, EH?

Don't worry Jay government care will be AWESOME.

Just look at my state, Massachussetts, 3 years into it and 2 billion in debt from our government getting involved in health insurance and the fact that we have actually rationed care to those recieving mass health.

Yeah its gonna be sooo awesome when the rest of the poor in the USA get rationed like those in my state!!!!

WOO HOO

Dumbass

States allow price fixing and force insurance companies to issue the policies they dictate, and nobody needs to drive to another state to buy an insurance policy originated there, shit-for-brains.

Best give up on the hallucinogen induced stream-of-consciousness posting.

Forum List

Back