Pastor that "cures gays" accused of sexual coercion

What part of accused do you not understand, mal?

Why don't you go back to trying to make Elmo out to be a sex-fiend?

Still not allowed to live withing 2 miles of an elementary school I see.

:thup:

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
It is also interesting to note that the first observation mal made on this story was to point out the Pastor is black.

:eusa_eh:

I've been waiting to discuss this with someone.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/134288-another-anti-gay-pastor-sued-for-gay-sexual-harrassment.html

My conclusions so far?

The pastor is guilty. There are too many plaintiffs and too much evidence.

This anti-gay mega-church will now be forced to confront its homophobia. This church previously ejected a pastor who preached a "doctrine of inclusion", meaning allowing GLBT people to live in dignity and without hiding. (Dang it, I cannot find a link, but I listened to the man being interviewed on CNN.)

Anyway, if black christians have heartburn over homosexuality (and it now appears some do), it is past time to drag that prejudice out into the open and begin to discuss it.

As for the pastor involved in these lawsuits, well, no crime occurred even if he did as claimed, because the victims were 17 or 18. But he might wanna work on his lying, stealing, cheating, adulterous ways -- and pay the victims their damages.

Anyway, if black christians have heartburn over homosexuality (and it now appears some do), it is past time to drag that prejudice out into the open and begin to discuss it.

Blacks in general tend to be anti-gay

They voted in droves against Prop 8

True...I don't think it has much to do with being black though. It has more to do with the evangelical religion many blacks tend to follow.

My conclusions so far?

The pastor is guilty. There are too many plaintiffs and too much evidence.
\

nice so all I have to do is hire a bunch of Witnesses and make up some evidence and you will assume who ever I assume is Guilty with out a trial.

Nice to know.

It looks bad, but he is still innocent until proven guilty.

True...I don't think it has much to do with being black though. It has more to do with the evangelical religion many blacks tend to follow.

Really?...

Is it Difficult to get out of your Halfway House with all of that Misplaced Guilt Holdin' ya Down?... :rofl:

:)

peace...

Ya, CNN had an interview Sunday with one of his congregants who flatly stated she'd forgive the pastor even if he were guilty. Doesn't matter; there's no shoving this bad kitty back into the box. The conversation about homophobia, christianity and blacks has begun. I wasn't aware these folks were any sort of special problem, but now that we all do know, they're gonna have a harder time clinging to their bigotry.

I about fell over when I read one of MLK's daughters marched against gay marriage. WTF?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back