Why Do Liberals Ignore Science Regarding Transgender Surgery for Minors?

A common myth being by those who spread misinformation on the transgendered

The reality is that surgery is never performed on young children.
That depends on how you are defining "young children."

I realize that you're copying this stuff from websites that push the transgender agenda and that whitewash the ugly reality of it, but some of your statements are inexcusably wrong and dated.

The reality is that most transgenders do not get genital surgery.
This is your typical tactic of deflection and diversion. One, we're talking about transgenders who do get "genital surgery," i.e., who do have their sexual organs removed.
Two, we're not just talking about transgender surgery but also about the risky use of transgender drugs.

Even PBS admits that over 3,000 transgender surgeries were performed on minors aged 12-18 from 2016 to 2019, while trying to spin such surgeries as "rare":

All the laws ban gender-affirming surgery for minors, although it is rare, with fewer than 3,700 performed in the U.S. on patients ages 12 to 18 from 2016 through 2019. (LINK)

A moral, rational person would say that even if only a few of those surgeries, even if only 20 or 30, were performed on children under the age of 18, that is still a terrible tragedy and revolting child abuse.

Children never make the decision alone. to undergo procedures related to changing their gender. That decision is made by the child, parents and medical professionals based on extensive evaluation.
Oh, great! That makes it all better! What sad amorality and moral blindness. Imagine if someone said the following:

"We never allow teen boys to choose to get vasectomies alone. That decision is made by the teen boy, his parents, and medical professionals based on extensive evaluation."

A moral, rational person would reply that the very idea of taking seriously a teen's boy desire for a vasectomy is ludicrous and immoral, and a form of child abuse.

In far too many cases, the "extensive evaluation" is made by amoral people who conclude that the child should be allowed to "change" their gender, i.e., to start taking transgender drugs and even to have transgender surgery.

Again, even PBS has admitted that over 3,000 transgender surgeries were performed on minors aged 12-18 from 2016 to 2019.

Transgender services offered to children
Evaluation and consultation with medical professionals
Child is required to start living as the alternate sex
Puberty Blockers are administered to stop the appearance of sexual traits
As late teens, hormone therapy.
And of course all that is just fine with you. I think it's disgusting child abuse. These are confused children who have been swayed by peer pressure and other influences to doubt their biological gender.

And very little research has been done on the long-term effects of giving puberty blockers and other hormone drugs to teens. But, nah, never mind that, right?

And never mind that many blue states allow children to undergo these "services" against their parents' wishes and even without their parents' knowledge.

Genital Surgery is only begun after they are adults. . . .
Wrong. If you'd bother to do some balanced research, instead of just running to liberal sources that push the transgender agenda, you'd know that "genital surgery" has been done on minors. Again, even PBS has admitted that just from 2016 to 2019, over 3,000 transgender surgeries were performed on minors aged 12-18.

Your euphemism of "genital surgery" reminds me of the innocuous Nazi terms for the crimes against the Jews. Yes, strictly technically speaking, one can call transgender surgery "genital surgery," but why seek to minimize the fact that this surgery permanently removes the person's sexual organs?

Any parent who would allow their child to have their sexual organs removed is not fit to be a parent and should have their parental rights terminated.

Children should be protected from making such horrible decisions, just as we seek to protect them from smoking, from drinking alcohol, from getting tattoos on their faces, from using pain-killing drugs for pleasure, etc., etc.

bdtex said:
Pretty damn funny seeing a USMBcon posting about ignoring science.

Oh, really? Why is that? I'd bet good money that you're another liberal who has only read one side of the story on any science-related issue such as climate change, origins, homosexuality, etc.

And of course all that is just fine with you. I think it's disgusting child abuse. These are confused children who have been swayed by peer pressure and other influences to doubt their biological gender.

Why we can’t allow Conservatives to make these decisions for families of transgendered children.
They claim it is “just a phase” and they will grow out of it

Why we can’t allow Conservatives to make these decisions for families of transgendered children.

Often times it IS just a phase, and that's why permanent mutilation isn't a good idea. If a young person decides to have their penis removed, they will have a lifetime to do it. Rushing children into a situation they can't get out of is sort of stupid but libs pretend that its a good idea to "get back" at normal conservatives.

Often times it IS just a phase, and that's why permanent mutilation isn't a good idea. If a young person decides to have their penis removed, they will have a lifetime to do it. Rushing children into a situation they can't get out of is sort of stupid but libs pretend that its a good idea to "get back" at normal conservatives.

That is why they make transgendered children assume their desired sex and be evaluated before any medications are provided

That is why they make transgendered children assume their desired sex and be evaluated before any medications are provided

There are plenty of stories out there where the first response was "you are transgendered, let's start you on drugs"

Parents can dress their kids however they want, and the later bills for psych treatment should be on them.

The line is drugs and surgery before someone is an adult.

They get "evaluated" by someone who is making a bundle doing "transitions"

Someone who is evaluated for their transportation needs by a Hyundai salesperson, is most likely going to be prescribed a Hyundai.

But you are actually wrong. Trannies on the "Soft White Underbelly" channel reported that they got scrips for hormones on their VERY FIRST appointment to a sex change clinic.

It'll be fun watching you try to stop them in places like the state where I live.

In America , we don't allow children to get tattoos, or smoke or drink or walk around with assault weapons in school.

Regardless of how much they want to do it.

Why do libs think sex changes are appropriate for them?

In America , we don't allow children to get tattoos, or smoke or drink or walk around with assault weapons in school.

Regardless of how much they want to do it.

Why do libs think sex changes are appropriate for them?

Good point

That is why we reserve those decisions for the child, parents and professionals who have studied the child and do not rely on Conservatives who spread hate about Transexuals and call them freaks

Good point

That is why we reserve those decisions for the child, parents and professionals who have studied the child and do not rely on Conservatives who spread hate about Transexuals and call them freaks

So, in your view, if the child and the parents decide a kid should be smoking, drinking and getting tattoos, and walk around with an assault weapon, people should just accept it?

BTW, I don't "hate" trannies, but I just ain't interested in participating in their lifestyle.

They get "evaluated" by someone who is making a bundle doing "transitions"

Someone who is evaluated for their transportation needs by a Hyundai salesperson, is most likely going to be prescribed a Hyundai.

But you are actually wrong. Trannies on the "Soft White Underbelly" channel reported that they got scrips for hormones on their VERY FIRST appointment to a sex change clinic.

When you add advocacy and a supposed protected class to a situation like this, you get what the advocates want to get.

Also you need to consider the fact these people obviously can't reproduce themselves, so to sustain the class, they need converts. And once they get the drugs and the surgery, there is often no way back.

So, in your view, if the child and the parents decide a kid should be smoking, drinking and getting tattoos, and walk around with an assault weapon, people should just accept it?

BTW, I don't "hate" trannies, but I just ain't interested in participating in their lifestyle.

No, you can’t allow your Children to do something illegal

Science has known for at least 30 years now that the reasoning part of the human brain does not fully develop until ages 21-25 (LINK, LINK, LINK). Even before neuroscience developed, society already recognized that minors are simply not qualified or equipped to make certain decisions on their own.

A 14-year-old girl or a 16-year-old boy, much less an 11-year-old girl or a 12-year-old boy, are in no position to decide whether to have their sexual organs permanently altered. We need to protect our children from being talked into getting such major irreversible surgery.

We don't let 15-year-old boys join the military. We don't let 13-year-old kids start smoking cigarettes. We don't let 12-year-old kids buy alcohol. We don't let 14-year-old girls get breast-enlargement surgery. We have these sensible, protective, and humane laws because we all know that those young people are not equipped or qualified to decide to do those things.

We also have very different legal punishments for minors who commit crimes compared to the punishments for adults who commit crimes, precisely because we recognize that a minor's decision-making ability is inferior and incomplete.

Transgender surgery is not "gender-affirming surgery"--it is gender-denying surgery. It ignores biological science and biological reality.

Lots of adolescents and teens go through a phase where they feel they identify more with the opposite gender. As late as the 1990s, girls who felt this way were commonly called "Tom boys." But in most cases, they eventually grew out of it as they matured and as the reasoning part of their brain completed its development. Those few who did not grow out of it were typically people who succumbed to the temptation of same-sex attraction and who chose to engage in homosexual conduct. However, a sizable percentage of people who identify as gay or lesbian for years eventually change their minds and revert to being heterosexual. Google "PFOX."

There should be a federal ban on transgender surgery for anyone under the age of 21. If a 21-year-old wants to get the surgery, that's up to them. I feel sorry for them, but that's their call. But, for heaven's sake, let's protect our children from being talked into getting their sexual organs permanently altered.

I'm a lefty and I agree with conservatives on this issue. Sex change surgery on minors should be illegal. As for puberty blockers, I need to see health data on it, to be sure about it being okay or not.

The fact that children are being harmed some irreversibly, it is abuse

To leftists, everyone is an acceptable target for their hate, starting at conception. They only use others as sexual objects, including children. Especially children, who are too weak to fight back.

I've never met a leftist who valued anything above its sexual gratification.

Forum List

Back