Parents Stand Up to the Failed Education System and Win

Every time I see a University scream a conservative speaker off the stage. Every time I see students destroy property or assault other people because they disagree with them. Every time I see Antifa a*holes. Every time I see our government being subverted by bigots who are unable to accept anyone else's opinion. Every time I'm exposed to the MSM. These are all examples how our broken education system is more about conditioning than educating. Our education system is breeding violent bigots.

What does the education system gave to with that? Answer: not a damn thing!
"What does the education system gave to with that?" What the hell does that mean? You obviously are-were a part of the problem. Long on opinions and short on intelligence.

Teachers and professors are creating an environment where radicals seem to thrive. Teachers-professors should be teaching facts and ideas and encouraging free thinking, not their own bigoted liberal ideologies.
I'm teaching social studies to a few students right now, US history included (adult ed, but the content is the same preparing for the GED/Hi-SET equivalency) and the information in the texts and on line is strongly skewed toward feeling sorry for the Native Americans. It was a complicated situation and yes, we overran their territory and our justifications for it were ridiculous, but I teach my students the more complicated truth: The natives were highly skilled survivalists with a very different way of life than ours, and they were also WARRIORS who were pissed that we were screwing up their territory with farms and clear cutting and overfishing. They fought like today's terrorists, sneaking up in small numbers, murdering and destroying, and then disappearing. The settlers feared and hated them for a reason, too. The natives weren't angels; they were people fighting for their land and they were serious adversaries. Neither side came out of that conflict smelling like a rose, no matter how much perfume we put on it today. All the nasty stereotypical bullshit that was told about the natives and the bigotry some people still have against them today is wrong, but there were reasons for those hard feelings on BOTH sides.

Last edited:
Teachers and professors are creating an environment where radicals seem to thrive. Teachers-professors should be teaching facts and ideas and encouraging free thinking, not their own bigoted liberal ideologies.
I'm teaching social studies to a few students right now, US history included (adult ed, but the content is the same preparing for the GED/Hi-SET equivalency) and the information in the texts and on line is strongly skewed toward feeling sorry for the Native Americans. It was a complicated situation and yes, we overran their territory and our justifications for it were ridiculous, but I teach my students the more complicated truth: The natives were highly skilled survivalists with a very different way of life than ours, and they were also WARRIORS who were pissed that we were screwing up their territory with farms and clear cutting and overfishing. They fought like today's terrorists, sneaking up in small numbers, murdering and destroying, and then disappearing. The settlers feared and hated them for a reason, too. The natives weren't angels; they were people fighting for their land and they were serious adversaries. Neither side came out of that conflict smelling like a rose, no matter how much perfume we put on it today. All the nasty stereotypical bullshit that was told about the natives and the bigotry some people still have against them today is wrong, but there were reasons for those hard feelings on BOTH sides.
I agree with your teaching method and wish there was more of that and less editorializing. Teaching both sides of the story is what it's all about.

While Private Rockweak and others claiming to be teachers pat themselves on the back and proclaim the virtues of modern public schools....

HERE is what is really going on......and NO...it is NOT an isolated incident.

Every time I see a University scream a conservative speaker off the stage. Every time I see students destroy property or assault other people because they disagree with them. Every time I see Antifa a*holes. Every time I see our government being subverted by bigots who are unable to accept anyone else's opinion. Every time I'm exposed to the MSM. These are all examples how our broken education system is more about conditioning than educating. Our education system is breeding violent bigots.

What does the education system gave to with that? Answer: not a damn thing!
"What does the education system gave to with that?" What the hell does that mean? You obviously are-were a part of the problem. Long on opinions and short on intelligence.

So you have no answer? Typical blowhard education basher is all you are!

If your kids did not receive a better education that you did, it just proves that the apple does not fall far from the tree, and a massive failure on your part!

Three grammatical fails in the above sentence.

^^^ must have been Kalifornia educated .... two generations. Sad.

“State testing shows that Palm Lane Elementary School students are performing at levels unthinkable just one year ago. In 13 of 14 learning categories, students showed improvement for the first time in more than 10 years. In many cases, these gains were significant, with up to 41 percent increases in academic achievement. There’s a simple reason for this radical turnaround. A little more than a year ago, Palm Lane transformed from a neighborhood school, under the influence of the powerful California Teachers Association, into a non-union, independent public charter school.”

Parents stand up to the failing education establishment and win: Will Swaim – Orange County Register

As I’ve said for decades, dissolve all teachers unions for the sake of the children.

California. So you think that one school is typical of all public schools in this nation?

Being a perpetual dumbass, you probably do.

Check this out:

"This school is rated below average in school quality compared to other schools in California. Students here perform below average on state tests, are making below average year-over-year academic improvement, and this school has below average results in how well it’s serving disadvantaged students."

My three kids received a much better education than I did 40+ years ago. California? Probably not because of the increased number of illegals. But you keep that broad brush handy, dumbass!
Explore Palm Lane Elementary School in Anaheim, CA
You really going to keep pushing that kids today are as educated as kids 50 years ago?

My children received a much better education than I did 40 years ago. California? Probably not, but you just keep using that broad brush, dumbass

I doubt that your kids or any of their classmates could name three of America's Founding Fathers if I spotted them Franklin and Adams

Well considering I taught American history and American Government in the high school from which they graduated, I would would bet you a horse turd to a doughnut and even let you hold the stakes in your mouth that you would be wrong.

The problem that you people seem to not understand is that many of you are not qualified to assess some one else's education because you are dumbass yourself!

Is that you Mr seevee?

Those who cry about education need to give up their ridiculously easy jobs, bloated salaries, and go in and teach for the pittance teachers receive or they should keep quiet.

Is $70k a year considered a pittance?

If your kids did not receive a better education that you did, it just proves that the apple does not fall far from the tree, and a massive failure on your part!

Three grammatical fails in the above sentence.

^^^ must have been Kalifornia educated .... two generations. Sad.

Oh really? Please elucidate!

California. So you think that one school is typical of all public schools in this nation?

Being a perpetual dumbass, you probably do.

Check this out:

"This school is rated below average in school quality compared to other schools in California. Students here perform below average on state tests, are making below average year-over-year academic improvement, and this school has below average results in how well it’s serving disadvantaged students."

My three kids received a much better education than I did 40+ years ago. California? Probably not because of the increased number of illegals. But you keep that broad brush handy, dumbass!
Explore Palm Lane Elementary School in Anaheim, CA
You really going to keep pushing that kids today are as educated as kids 50 years ago?

My children received a much better education than I did 40 years ago. California? Probably not, but you just keep using that broad brush, dumbass

I doubt that your kids or any of their classmates could name three of America's Founding Fathers if I spotted them Franklin and Adams

Well considering I taught American history and American Government in the high school from which they graduated, I would would bet you a horse turd to a doughnut and even let you hold the stakes in your mouth that you would be wrong.

The problem that you people seem to not understand is that many of you are not qualified to assess some one else's education because you are dumbass yourself!

Is that you Mr seevee?

I have no idea what you are saying. Would you care to try that again?

70 grand in today's america is a pittance. Yes. A sad pittance. Barely middle class.

Is that you Mr seevee?

I have no idea what you are saying. Would you care to try that again?

Lighten up!

It was a shout out to my American History and Am Govt teacher.

Those who cry about education need to give up their ridiculously easy jobs, bloated salaries, and go in and teach for the pittance teachers receive or they should keep quiet.

Very few teachers make $70,000 a year. I taught for 21 years and never made more then $53K.

ROCHESTER
THIS is a great economic time to be a veteran public schoolteacher. Valerie Huff, a math teacher at East High here, a tough urban school, made more than $102,000 last year.

“A good salary? I wouldn’t disagree with you,” Ms. Huff said. “Took me a long time to get there.” She started teaching in 1978 for $11,250 a year and, in those early days, worked a second job, bartending, to make ends meet.

But in the late 1980s, teacher salaries took a jump across the country, and they just kept improving, to the point that now, with the economic collapse, a lot of people who sneered at teachers, wish they had it so good.

Health insurance? “My health care is free,” Ms. Huff said.

Security? “Long as there’s kids, I have a job.”

Pension? “Guaranteed pension. I hit the magic numbers last June — 55 and 30.”

That’s 55 years old with 30 years of experience, at which point teachers across New York State can retire with an annual income of about 60 percent of their top salary — likely to be between $60,000 and $70,000 a year in Ms. Huff’s case.

Teacher Salaries Rise to $100K

Very few teachers make $70,000 a year. I taught for 21 years and never made more then $53K.

ROCHESTER
THIS is a great economic time to be a veteran public schoolteacher. Valerie Huff, a math teacher at East High here, a tough urban school, made more than $102,000 last year.

“A good salary? I wouldn’t disagree with you,” Ms. Huff said. “Took me a long time to get there.” She started teaching in 1978 for $11,250 a year and, in those early days, worked a second job, bartending, to make ends meet.

But in the late 1980s, teacher salaries took a jump across the country, and they just kept improving, to the point that now, with the economic collapse, a lot of people who sneered at teachers, wish they had it so good.

Health insurance? “My health care is free,” Ms. Huff said.

Security? “Long as there’s kids, I have a job.”

Pension? “Guaranteed pension. I hit the magic numbers last June — 55 and 30.”

That’s 55 years old with 30 years of experience, at which point teachers across New York State can retire with an annual income of about 60 percent of their top salary — likely to be between $60,000 and $70,000 a year in Ms. Huff’s case.

Teacher Salaries Rise to $100K

She must be getting some of the highest salaries in the nation and I haven't had "free health care" in about a decade. So the NYT has taken the very best situations in the nation and highlighted them...good for her. The unions typically are good for taking the very worst situations, the ones in which teachers barely make $30K a year, which is ridiculous as well. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Forum List

Back