NBC Report On Violent Students and the Ubiquitous "Room Clear"

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
This has been happening for some time: rather than remove the violent student--who we cannot touch--the entire class must vacate their classroom. And their learning, of course. Sometimes several times a week, sometimes for up to thirty minutes+ at a time.

This is the direct repercussions of EVERYONE overreacting to the very few REALLY BAD teachers who are out there. So because a few really bad teachers have horribly abused or restrained their students, we cannot stop a student physically from completely destroying a classroom. We must stand by and watch until he/she has burned out their rage.

And the teacher shortage continues apace.

Time to bring back the "Board of Education".

22893axm.jpg

This has been happening for some time: rather than remove the violent student--who we cannot touch--the entire class must vacate their classroom. And their learning, of course. Sometimes several times a week, sometimes for up to thirty minutes+ at a time.

This is the direct repercussions of EVERYONE overreacting to the very few REALLY BAD teachers who are out there. So because a few really bad teachers have horribly abused or restrained their students, we cannot stop a student physically from completely destroying a classroom. We must stand by and watch until he/she has burned out their rage.

Sounds like she sucked at her job... good thing she is finding something else to do for a living.

Sounds like she sucked at her job... good thing she is finding something else to do for a living.

You're choosing to be an ignorant jerk again Joe. Your choice

Thanks to our ultra sensitive PC culture, single moms and fear of lawsuits.

Under the subheading of "PC Culture" is also "Victim Culture" and this is what is going on. IOW if any child has a dx and acts out and a child is hurt in the process--I'm talking physically hurt--then oh too bad, so sad. The "victim" in this situation is the child with the dx and the child hurt is just collateral damage. Parents often do NOT speak up because they are cowed.

This is wrong.

Almost every single district touts "safe schools". That means YOUR child--who is not less important than the child with a dx--also has a right to a safe education. Parents MUST begin speaking out about this, and not to get other children "in trouble". Truly, other children's discipline is not your business. But your child's safety absolutely IS. And it is supposed to be OUR first priority, as people who care for your children.

You're choosing to be an ignorant jerk again Joe. Your choice

This is a woman who got rolled by a bunch of seven year olds... If you can't handle a room full of seven year olds, you should probably do something else for a living. Just saying.

Joe, a roomful of seven year olds would eat you alive inside of ten minutes.

Ten minutes, you wouldn't have a clue.

Under the subheading of "PC Culture" is also "Victim Culture" and this is what is going on. IOW if any child has a dx and acts out and a child is hurt in the process--I'm talking physically hurt--then oh too bad, so sad. The "victim" in this situation is the child with the dx and the child hurt is just collateral damage. Parents often do NOT speak up because they are cowed.

This is wrong.

Almost every single district touts "safe schools". That means YOUR child--who is not less important than the child with a dx--also has a right to a safe education. Parents MUST begin speaking out about this, and not to get other children "in trouble". Truly, other children's discipline is not your business. But your child's safety absolutely IS. And it is supposed to be OUR first priority, as people who care for your children.

Or we can just hire people who are good at their jobs.

Here's the biggest problem... Education doesn't pay all that well.. so we get people like Ms. Whiny in the OP who can't handle an angry seven year old throwing a tantrum...

The real problem, after 30 years of letting educational professionals dope up our kids with Ritalin, parents finally said enough.. and the teachers don't know what to do with little Billy if they can't turn him into a Ritalin Zombie.

images

well, I don't like children enough to want to do that to start with. Pretty much a holiday with my Grand-nieces and nephews, I'm good for the year.

But the horror...the horror... They were seven year olds and their parents wouldn't let me drug them!

upload_2019-10-17_4-57-21.jpeg

This is wrong.

Here's the biggest problem... Education doesn't pay all that well.. so we get people like Ms. Whiny in the OP who can't handle an angry seven year old throwing a tantrum...

The real problem, after 30 years of letting educational professionals dope up our kids with Ritalin, parents finally said enough.. and the teachers don't know what to do with little Billy if they can't turn him into a Ritalin Zombie.

images

You continue to be a complete dumba$$ Joe

Teachers by law cannot recommend medication

You don't generally treat Autism with Ritalin, a mostly outdated drug anyway

We don't even use the term "Asperger's" anymore

Why don't you just excuse yourself now

well, I don't like children enough to want to do that to start with. Pretty much a holiday with my Grand-nieces and nephews, I'm good for the year.

But the horror...the horror... They were seven year olds and their parents wouldn't let me drug them!

View attachment 284862

There's a reason you don't like them and they don't like you Joe.

I could tell you the reason but you wouldn't like it.

Now really, excuse yourself.

This is wrong.

images

I agree that drugging kids is a huge problem but I don't see how higher salaries for teachers is going to improve the behavior of kids who have shit parents.

This is wrong.

images

I agree that drugging kids is a huge problem but I don't see how higher salaries for teachers is going to improve the behavior of kids who have shit parents.

You're not a free market guy?

It won't improve the behavior of course. But of course, more people will be tempted to abide the behavior if they don't have to live at nearly the poverty level to do it. Part of the problem is that in many states, teachers live at nearly the poverty level and STILL have to put up with "room clears".

They're saying no. They're quitting. College students aren't going into it.

No one seems to care. Okay. So now I just read an article today we're shipping in teachers from the Philippines and heaven knows where. *shrug*

BTW, this thread will not be complete until Old Lady comes here to scold me about not loving my Special Needs students. Right. Because if you love them, you will let them destroy property, hurt other children and etc.

Obviously you will not hold them to higher standards.

This is wrong.

images

You're not a free market guy?

It won't improve the behavior of course. But of course, more people will be tempted to abide the behavior if they don't have to live at nearly the poverty level to do it. Part of the problem is that in many states, teachers live at nearly the poverty level and STILL have to put up with "room clears".

They're saying no. They're quitting. College students aren't going into it.

No one seems to care. Okay. So now I just read an article today we're shipping in teachers from the Philippines and heaven knows where. *shrug*

I didnt say I don't care or even that teachers shouldn't be paid more. I said higher salaries won't change kid's behavior. Higher salaries won't make teachers any more resilient to puncture wounds. No amount of money is worth being humiliated by little snot nosed brats IMO and I'm sure many people agree.

You continue to be a complete dumba$$ Joe

Teachers by law cannot recommend medication

You don't generally treat Autism with Ritalin, a mostly outdated drug anyway

We don't even use the term "Asperger's" anymore

Why don't you just excuse yourself now

Oh, so you are drugging little Timmy up with something else now, and calling your inability to hold his attention something else?

That makes it so much better.

Okay, so you can't beat the problem children anymore, you can't drug them and you can't send them to Kiddie Jail anymore.

So you are essentially out of ideas, then?

Well, you might get a higher caliber of teacher that way other than a glorified Day-Care worker like Sue.

Sue seems like a nice lady. Nice ladies are the type most likely to want to be teachers in the first place. Should we replace them with army drill instructors?

BTW, this thread will not be complete until Old Lady comes here to scold me about not loving my Special Needs students. Right. Because if you love them, you will let them destroy property, hurt other children and etc.

Obviously you will not hold them to higher standards.

Oh FFS. You really need to get over yourself. Look at you weakly trying to bait someone to your OP.
Based on your comments, you have to be the most obtuse, negative and spiteful teacher I have ever run across.

New Topics

Forum List

Back