Palestinians may hand territory ‘keys’ to Israel

"The idea that the State of Palestine could not possibly rebuild itself while under occupation is pure nonsense. The only reason they could not do it is the self-inflicted mentality the Palestinians imposed upon themselves."
Most Respectfully, R..."

"Rocco, you are always blabbering on about how the Palestinians are too incompetent to build their country."

who elected a gang of cut-throat, murderous “world-known” terrorists to be their Government ?

( ) The Israeli’s
( ) Bill Gates
( ) The Palestinian People
( ) Suha Arafat
( ) George Clooney

.....and how (we all know) abass is just a suit. . .
. . .and how the Palestinians like to dig tunnels to smuggle stuff

to start trouble instead of …..acting normal, like the rest of us......?

member, et al,

I thought everyone knew!!!

who elected a gang of cut-throat, murderous “world-known” terrorists to be their Government ?

( ) The Israeli’s
( ) Bill Gates
( ) Suha Arafat
( ) George Clooney
(ANSWER)

It was one of the Usual Suspects --- I believe in Supreme Being, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Söze.

He's supposed to be Turkish, turned Palestinian by the Citizenship Law. Some say his father was Syrian and others say Jordanian. Nobody ever believed he was real. Nobody ever knew him or saw anybody that ever worked directly for him. But to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Söze. You never knew; that was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Most Respectfully,
R

member, et al,

I thought everyone knew!!!

( ) The Israeli’s
( ) Bill Gates
( ) Suha Arafat
( ) George Clooney
(ANSWER)

It was one of the Usual Suspects --- I believe in Supreme Being, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Söze.

He's supposed to be Turkish, turned Palestinian by the Citizenship Law. Some say his father was Syrian and others say Jordanian. Nobody ever believed he was real. Nobody ever knew him or saw anybody that ever worked directly for him. But to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Söze. You never knew; that was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Most Respectfully,
R

Rocco, sorry but I'm completely lost. Can you explain what you're talking about??

toastman, et al,

It was a bit of tongue 'n' cheek response.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdeCPGNRjOU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdeCPGNRjOU[/ame]​
Sorry, I just couldn't pass it up.

Most Respectfully,
R

toastman, et al,

I guess it wasn't as funny as I thought.

Palestinian Citizenship Law basically states.

The following persons shall be deemed to be Palestinian citizens:-- (a)Turkish subjects habitually resident in the territory of Palestine at the date of commencement of this Order. - See more at: Mandate for Palestine - The Palestine Order in LoN Council - Mandatory order (10 August 1922)

It just seem funny to me when the question was about criminals and terrorist concepts. The myths of people like "Keyser Söze" date back to the turn of the 20th Century. They are boogeyman stories. Usually about cut-throat, murderers and “world-known” terrorists. Sometime they have a basis in truth. Izz ad-din al-Qassam, founder of the Palestinian Black Hand, was a real person; but also used later as a boogeyman story to scare children. Jack the Ripper is another such example.

Tongue'n'Cheek (figure of speech used to imply that a statement or other production is humorously or otherwise not seriously intended). I didn't mean to sidetrack anyone.

Most Respectfully,
R

toastman, et al,

The following persons shall be deemed to be Palestinian citizens:-- (a)Turkish subjects habitually resident in the territory of Palestine at the date of commencement of this Order. - See more at: Mandate for Palestine - The Palestine Order in LoN Council - Mandatory order (10 August 1922)

Most Respectfully,
R

That is correct. That same thing was reiterated by the Treaty of Lausanne and the Palestine citizenship law of 1925. There is no question that Palestinians are citizens of Palestine.

Also when it says "Mandate for Palestine" there had to be a Palestine in order for there to be a mandate for it.

toastman, et al,

Most Respectfully,
R

That is correct. That same thing was reiterated by the Treaty of Lausanne and the Palestine citizenship law of 1925. There is no question that Palestinians are citizens of Palestine.

Also when it says "Mandate for Palestine" there had to be a Palestine in order for there to be a mandate for it.

Still arguing over a meaningless 100 year old piece of paper? :cuckoo:

toastman, et al,

Most Respectfully,
R

Why is it that the birthplace of those born in the region was called 'Mandatory Palestine'?

toastman, et al,

Most Respectfully,
R

As Pharoah (well, Yul Brenner, anyway) said, "So it has been said, so it shall be done!"
I think we should check out what Julius Caesar has to say about this issue.

toastman, et al,

Most Respectfully,
R

Why is it that the birthplace of those born in the region was called 'Mandatory Palestine'?

It was the mandate for Palestine.

The mandate was assigned to Palestine.

Palestine was still there after the mandate left Palestine.

toastman, et al,

Most Respectfully,
R

The thing is if you read the preamble and the authors notes you see that this was meant to only apply to the indigenous of Syria and Transjordan so they would not feel insulted. The itinerant arab farm workers jumped on to this and claimed it gave them a nationality and a state.

toastman, et al,

Most Respectfully,
R

Yes Palestine as in Sahara and not Palestine as in Egypt. And as you have been shown this included Syria, Jordan and parts of Saudi.

It was the mandate for Palestine.

The mandate was assigned to Palestine.

Palestine was still there after the mandate left Palestine.

Right on the first one

Wrong as it was assigned to France and Britain, not to the non existent government of palestine

No it had all but disappeared in the carve up, leaving a very small amount of unclaimed land west of the Jordan river.

Forum List

Back