Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘They Killed My Parents on My Birthday’: Daughter of Assassinated Palestinian Leader Speaks Out (PHOTOS & VIDEO)

Gaza-Layan.jpg

The most recent Israeli aggression on the besieged Gaza Strip began on November 12, when the Israeli government broke the ceasefire by assassinating senior Islamic Jihad commander Bahaa Abu al-Ata and his wife Asma Mohammed as they slept in their home.

Since then, I interviewed many Palestinians who had family members killed or injured in the Israeli attack. They spoke with deep pain and sorrow.

"They Killed My Parents on My Birthday": Daughter of Assassinated Palestinian Leader Speaks Out (PHOTOS & VIDEO)
On, no, not on her birthday. Israel should have waited until the next day before neutralizing this terrorist scum.
Israel breaks the ceasefire and you cheer. Israel commits war crime and you cheer.

Keep posting. Let people know who you are.
lol The war crimes are being committed by the Palestinians, thousands and thousands of them, every rocket fired into Israel is a war crime, every payment to a Palestinians terrorist for killing a Jew is a war crime. For at least 100 years Palestinians have done nothing but commit war crimes against Jews. It is ridiculous to have a ceasefire with a gang of terrorists like Hamas. Not only are they wholly committed to killing Jews but they are torturing the people of Gaza. You support the conflict that gets Palestinians killed and keeps them impoverished and then you pretend to care about them. You are their worst enemy.
lol The war crimes are being committed by the Palestinians, thousands and thousands of them, every rocket fired into Israel is a war crime,
How so?

‘They Killed My Parents on My Birthday’: Daughter of Assassinated Palestinian Leader Speaks Out (PHOTOS & VIDEO)

Gaza-Layan.jpg

The most recent Israeli aggression on the besieged Gaza Strip began on November 12, when the Israeli government broke the ceasefire by assassinating senior Islamic Jihad commander Bahaa Abu al-Ata and his wife Asma Mohammed as they slept in their home.

Since then, I interviewed many Palestinians who had family members killed or injured in the Israeli attack. They spoke with deep pain and sorrow.

"They Killed My Parents on My Birthday": Daughter of Assassinated Palestinian Leader Speaks Out (PHOTOS & VIDEO)
On, no, not on her birthday. Israel should have waited until the next day before neutralizing this terrorist scum.
Israel breaks the ceasefire and you cheer. Israel commits war crime and you cheer.

lol The war crimes are being committed by the Palestinians, thousands and thousands of them, every rocket fired into Israel is a war crime, every payment to a Palestinians terrorist for killing a Jew is a war crime. For at least 100 years Palestinians have done nothing but commit war crimes against Jews. It is ridiculous to have a ceasefire with a gang of terrorists like Hamas. Not only are they wholly committed to killing Jews but they are torturing the people of Gaza. You support the conflict that gets Palestinians killed and keeps them impoverished and then you pretend to care about them. You are their worst enemy.
lol The war crimes are being committed by the Palestinians, thousands and thousands of them, every rocket fired into Israel is a war crime,
How so?
How many times did your mother drop you on your head when you were a baby? Targeting civilian populations is a war crime, and the rockets are aimed at Israeli civilians.

Gaza-Layan.jpg

How so?
How many times did your mother drop you on your head when you were a baby? Targeting civilian populations is a war crime, and the rockets are aimed at Israeli civilians.
Civilians is not the term. Protected persons is the term. Look up protested persons in occupation law.

How so?
Civilians is not the term. Protected persons is the term. Look up protested persons in occupation law.
No, Israeli civilians have been targeted thousands and thousands of time by the rockets of Palestinian terrorists and each rocket is a war crime.

RE: Palestine Today
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

OH, for heaven's sake! This is just subterfuge and misinformation.

You need to examine Article 43(2) of Additional Protocol One (AP1), and Article 4 to the Third Geneva Convention (for all intent and purposes they're the same).

(1) Members of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict as well as members of militias or volunteer corps forming part of such armed forces.

(2) Members of other militias and members of other volunteer corps, including those of organized resistance movements, belonging to a Party to the conflict and operating in or outside their own territory, even if this territory is occupied, provided that such militias or volunteer corps, including such organized resistance movements, fulfil the following conditions:

(a) that of being commanded by a person responsible for his subordinates;

(b) that of having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance;

(c) that of carrying arms openly;

(d) that of conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war.​

The organizational structure of both the State-sponsored terrorists and that of Arab Palestinian paramilitary organizations are well known and openly published. And the intent of these activities is that of "Armed struggle is the only way to liberate Palestine." This includes the Jihadist, Fedayeen Activist, Hostile Insurgents, Radicalized Islamic Followers, and Asymmetric Fighters.

(Customary and IHL) Rule 23. Each party to the conflict must, to the extent feasible, avoid locating military objectives within or near densely populated areas; "but in no event may civilians be used to shield military objectives (in this case, the "senior Islamic Jihad commander Bahaa Abu al-Ata").
Civilians can only be considered combatants when they are actively engaged in armed conflict. Sleeping at home with the wife and kids does not make them human shields.
(COMMENT)

It must also be understood is the concept of achieving "direct military advantage." The neutralization of Senior Islamic Jihadists is a direct military advantage.

Collateral or incidental damage from attacks on lawful targets is acceptable in cases of the anticipation of a direct military advantage. You cannot be a public and open enemy, which incites violence and hostilities, by day and be a non-targetable entity at night. Night combat is not a War Crime. And the proximity of non-combatants is at the discretion of the Hostile Arab Palestinian.

Most Respectfully,
R

Civilians can only be considered combatants when they are actively engaged in armed conflict. Sleeping at home with the wife and kids does not make them human shields.

More of your vile weasel law which pretends that Jews are always legitimate targets, even babies, and that Arabs are never legitimate targets, even when they are military objectives.

How so?

Why don’t you post your proof instead of telling him to look it up.
Ya. That’s what I thought..

RE: Palestine Today
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: Posting #13842 (toomuchtime) used the term "civilian" properly. Posting #13843 (P F Tinmore) is incorrect.

Well, there is a slight difference between a "civilian" and that of a "Protected Person." Concerning Postings #13842 (toomuchtime_) and #13843 (P F Tinmore) the wording of Article 8(1)(b)(i), Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court is inclusive:

Intentionally directing attacks against the "civilian" population as such or against individual "civilians" not taking direct part in hostilities;​

There is two different reference here that must be considered. The first reference (above) defines the War Crime itself for prosecutorial purposes. The second reference (below) defines the source content of the application of the prohibition under Customary and International Humanitarian Law (C-IHL).

Under the International Law of Occupation (The Occupation is defined by Article 42 - Hague Regulation of 1907) is a sub-set of the IHL of the Geneva Conventions and the applicable Additional Protocols.
Rule 5. Civilians are persons who are not members of the armed forces. The civilian population comprises all persons who are civilians.

The definition of civilians as persons who are not members of the armed forces is set forth in Article 50 of Additional Protocol I, to which no reservations have been made. It is also contained in numerous military manuals. It is reflected in reported practice. This practice includes that of States not, or not at the time, party to Additional Protocol I.

Civilians are not the term. Protected persons are the term. Look up protested persons in occupation law.
(REFERENCE)
Article 50 → Additional Protocol I -- Definition of civilians and the civilian population

1. A civilian is any person who does not belong to one of the categories of persons referred to in Article 4 A (1), (2), (3) and (6) of the Third Convention and in Article 43 [ Link ] of this Protocol. In case of doubt, whether a person is a civilian, that person shall be considered to be a civilian.

2. The civilian population comprises all persons who are civilians.

3. The presence within the civilian population of individuals who do not come within the definition of civilians does not deprive the population of its civilian character.​
(COMMENT)

As for the comment in Posting #13843 (P F Tinmore), this is a basic and fundamental fact. It requires no interpretation. The Hostile Arab Palestinians (HoAP) are combatants as defined by • Article 43(2) of Additional Protocol One (AP1) •, and • Article 4 to the Third Geneva Convention • as explained in Posting #13846 (RoccoR). The only Gray Area in the International Criminal Code where Article 8 of the Statute, war crimes against child soldiers include conscripting or enlisting children under the age of 15 years, or using them to participate actively in hostilities.

Most Respectfully,
R

Sowing Crisis: The Cold War and American Dominance in the Middle East, Rashid Khalidi

That is different than what I have read elsewhere.

My concern is that Israel regularly violates ceasefires.

Also:

Israel bombs civilian homes killing women and children. Israel has done this many times. I can't think of another country that does this.

My son Izzat and his fiancé Bissan’s Katb Ktab
(Islamic marriage ceremony) tonight. Mabrook!

77382273_429341994412138_244422968157929472_n.jpg

Also:

Israel bombs civilian homes killing women and children. Israel has done this many times. I can't think of another country that does this.
Got a link ?

Also:

Got a link ?
Remember These Children 2014 Memorial

Gaza–Israel conflict - Wikipedia

They initiate violence; they face the consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back