Oil hit $92.21 today

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/18/business/gas-prices-2023-high/index.html

I guess Uncle RICO will be further depleting our already depleted oil reserves to buy votes when gas prices surge.

How's that war on fossil fuels working out?

Of course it's nothing because it does not figure into "core inflation", you know the fact the .gov thinks nobody buys gas and food.

Are you mad at Saudi Arabia for cutting production, like they announced they would do last month?

I'm hoping Joseph Biden (God's choice) makes a new deal with Iran to get their oil. They have plenty and can't sell it.

We should trade even more food, medicine and finished goods to Iran for their oil. Use it to refill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. Then release a shitload of it two months before the election to get gas prices down below $2 a gallon. Fuck those Saudis right in the ass!
4i6Ckte.gif

We should trade even more food, medicine and finished goods to Iran for their oil. Use it to refill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. Then release a shitload of it two months before the election to get gas prices down below $2 a gallon. Fuck those Saudis right in the ass!
4i6Ckte.gif
Mmm .. if you need someone to suckhole Iran, Biden’s certainly a great choice with the added bonus of financing worldwide terrorism. 🙄

Last edited:
https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/18/business/gas-prices-2023-high/index.html

I guess Uncle RICO will be further depleting our already depleted oil reserves to buy votes when gas prices surge.

How's that war on fossil fuels working out?

Of course it's nothing because it does not figure into "core inflation", you know the fact the .gov thinks nobody buys gas and food.

Iran's production is increasing.

4i6Ckte.gif
That will also help Iran build nuclear weapons. You are, really smart.

No, we're mad that Biden shut our pipeline down and refuses to drill in this country.

"Our" pipeline didn't carry "our" oil. It was to carry dirty, nasty Canadian tar sand oil across some of the most fertile farmland in the U.S., to the Gulf, where it would be put on tankers to ship to China.

• Why would you want to take a chance on an oil spill in America's farmland when it's not even our oil?
  • Why would you want to put America's land at risk for China's benefit?

Not unprecedented...

In July 2008, oil spiked to $147 per barrel.

In the 1980 oil to $107 ... which, in today's prices is nearly $400 a barrel.

So, I don't think we have to panic just yet.

"Our" pipeline didn't carry "our" oil. It was to carry dirty, nasty Canadian tar sand oil across some of the most fertile farmland in the U.S., to the Gulf, where it would be put on tankers to ship to China.

• Why would you want to take a chance on an oil spill in America's farmland when it's not even our oil?
  • Why would you want to put America's land at risk for China's benefit?

I don't think any of that is true. That doesn't make any sense. 😕

I don't think any of that is true. That doesn't make any sense. 😕
A lot of what Congressional Republicans want doesn't make sense. Until you see their campaign donations.

The Keystone XL pipeline extension, proposed by TC Energy (then TransCanada) in 2008, was initially designed to transport the planet’s dirtiest fossil fuel, tar sands oil, to market—and fast. As an expansion of the company’s existing Keystone Pipeline System, which has been operating since 2010 (and continues to send Canadian tar sands crude oil from Alberta to various processing hubs in the middle of the United States), the pipeline promised to dramatically increase capacity to process the 168 billion barrels of crude oil locked up under Canada’s boreal forest. It was expected to transport 830,000 barrels of Alberta tar sands oil per day to refineries on the Gulf Coast of Texas. From the refineries, the oil would be sent chiefly overseas—not to gasoline pumps in the United States.

Synthaholic Why would we need to get our oil from Canada when there's probably plenty of places in the states where we can get it in the south? Like Texas for instance.

Synthaholic Why would we need to get our oil from Canada when there's probably plenty of places in the states where we can get it in the south? Like Texas for instance.
Like I said, and like the link said, it wasn't oil for U.S. consumers, it was for overseas consumers, mainly China. It was just going to pass through the U.S. to get from Canada to the Texas refineries to be put on ships. So, the U.S. was going to take all the risk of spills without any of the benefits.

I encourage you to Google to learn more.

Like I said, and like the link said, it wasn't oil for U.S. consumers, it was for overseas consumers, mainly China. It was just going to pass through the U.S. to get from Canada to the Texas refineries to be put on ships. So, the U.S. was going to take all the risk of spills without any of the benefits.

Okay now I know you're full of it. If the oil was going to China why would he want us to stop drilling? He's in bed with the Chinese government.

Canada has this nasty tar sand oil in Western Canada, but they don't have a way to get it to market. There are no good options to the west, in Vancouver, unless they spent billions to build a deep water port, and the facilities to process the oil.

And no way were they going to pipe it to the east, to the Atlantic, because unlike Americans, Canada doesn't want to despoil their land, and running a pipeline across their major cities and that mountainous terrain is begging for a spill.

So just get the greedy Americans to take the risk - they'll do anything to their land for a quick buck.

Forum List

Back