officlal Lakers vs Celtics NBA Finals thread.

who ya takin?

i meant to post this before the series started;

lakers in 5

I'm a celtics fan but I think;

a. kobe REALLY WANTS IT more than the celtics do

b. the lakers REALLY WANT IT more than the celtics do

c. pierce, allen and garnett are a little too old and inconsistant

d. the backup role players are too inconsistant

if the celts, as a team, play their absolute best in 4 games then they could pull it out.

but I don't see that happening.

they could win 1
they might win 2...

but that's it.

Impressive :rolleyes: why not wait until the series is over, THEN post your pick? :rofl:

MANY times we've seen team A dominate team B in 1 game and then turn around and be dominated in the next.

Not this time. Lakers will go up 2-0 after Sunday. The Celtics are a great franchise, but this is not their year.

If you were truly sure of that, you wouldn't watch. You wouldn't get a little anxious when the Lakers are down 6 at the half on Sunday. You wouldn't have gotten excited when Ron Artest made that game winning shot. In fact, if you and the Lakers were sure, the games wouldn't be close like they are. Hell, Bynum could go down and the Celtics could win the next 3. It isn't impossible. Rasheed Wallace might step up. He's done it before. Rondo might turn back into Robin from Batman & Robin. If he turns into that guy, it could spell trouble. But Gasol is playing well. I liked him better when he was soft. Odom isn't playing well. But I'm sure he will. I'm happy for Artest. He needs a ring. I think he's crazy and maybe a championship will help his confidence and give him a sense of pride and accomplishment. I can't help root for Artest. But Ray Allen and Paul Pierce aren't stepping up. And Boston's bigs aren't hanging with the Lakers Bigs.

But Kobe Bryant has finally hit the point in his career where he can absolutely be compared to Michael Jordan. Just the last 3 years alone he has reached the Finals. I used to hate on Kobe but no longer. Sure I hope the Lakers lose, just like I rooted against the Bulls. But that didn't mean I didn't appreciate watching Jordan. I just like rooting for the underdog. But Kobe, I am now truly a fan. You have proved yourself beyond a shadow of a doubt. Big shots at the end of the game? You or Jordan? I would gladly pick either of you. And you did it without Shaq.

what is it with Laker fans leaving early. Don't they know anything can happen? What a bunch of shit. I bet Echo remembers this....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9obaCnRR0jk]YouTube - 1995 IND NYK Game 1 (9 of 9)[/ame]

what is it with Laker fans leaving early. Don't they know anything can happen? What a bunch of shit. I bet Echo remembers this....

YouTube - 1995 IND NYK Game 1 (9 of 9)

That was one of the BEST FREAKING GAMES EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss Reggie. :(

We were just talking about him on Facebook tonight, my friend Tony lives in LA and hates the Lakers, and Ron Artest.............and you know why. :evil:

MANY times we've seen team A dominate team B in 1 game and then turn around and be dominated in the next.

Not this time. Lakers will go up 2-0 after Sunday. The Celtics are a great franchise, but this is not their year.

WRONG! But the Lakers will probably take one in Boston. If not, IT'S OVER for the Lakers!!! I don't want Kobe to pass Shaq with rings. He needs this one more. LOL.

:lol:

i hope you didnt bet the farm on that one ;)

Not this time!!

Anyway, I still see the Lakers winning the Series in LA in game 6 or 7, they are simply the better team. We'll know later tonight!! I'll be back to talk smack (or get smacked!!) later....good luck Celtic fans, you'll need it !!:cool:

Lakers schooled 'em last night!
Image+%3D+%3D+8+-Bit+Bitch+Slap.jpg

Forum List

Back