Denver and Miami, Most Likely

• Banned
Read it and weep...

>>>The Celtics will face elimination for the third time in these playoffs on Tuesday night, doing so in Game 4 on the road in Miami. No team in NBA history has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit in a best-of-seven series<<<

Read it and weep...

>>>The Celtics will face elimination for the third time in these playoffs on Tuesday night, doing so in Game 4 on the road in Miami. No team in NBA history has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit in a best-of-seven series<<<
Things have changed a little. Celtics only have to win 1 game on the road. 2 at home. The Heat just lost. They didn't mean to lose. They aren't invincible. If the Celtics win the next game Miami better win game 6 at home or they might be the first team in history to blow a 3 to 0 lead.

Now if it were the Lakers who won game 4 I would say Denver just took a night off. They'll come back and win at home in game 5. And even if the Lakers did win 5 and 6, game 7 would be in Denver. But that's not the case with Miami. Miami only gets 1 more game at home. Don't count the Celtics out. They may have found their mojo in the last game. Figured out what they were doing wrong. The Heat lost 38 games this regular season. Celtics only lost 25.

Things have changed a little. Celtics only have to win 1 game on the road. 2 at home. The Heat just lost. They didn't mean to lose. They aren't invincible. If the Celtics win the next game Miami better win game 6 at home or they might be the first team in history to blow a 3 to 0 lead.

Now if it were the Lakers who won game 4 I would say Denver just took a night off. They'll come back and win at home in game 5. And even if the Lakers did win 5 and 6, game 7 would be in Denver. But that's not the case with Miami. Miami only gets 1 more game at home. Don't count the Celtics out. They may have found their mojo in the last game. Figured out what they were doing wrong. The Heat lost 38 games this regular season. Celtics only lost 25.
Every game in the Lakers v. Nuggets series was close. A shot or 2 goes the other way and the Lakers could have won any of those games. The Celtics were run off the court in game 3 and lost 2 straight at home. Why would the Celtics have a better chance of coming back off from a 3-0 deficit than the Lakers?

Every game in the Lakers v. Nuggets series was close. A shot or 2 goes the other way and the Lakers could have won any of those games. The Celtics were run off the court in game 3 and lost 2 straight at home. Why would the Celtics have a better chance of coming back off from a 3-0 deficit than the Lakers?

Because

a. They may have figured out Miami in the last game.
b. 2 of the 3 will be in Boston. The Lakers would have had to win 2 in Denver. Celtics only have to win 1 game in Miami and 2 at home.
c. The Lakers had a shitty record. Worse than the Nuggets. Boston has a better record than Miami.
d. Celtics on paper are a better team than the Heat. The Nuggets on paper are a better team than the Lakers.

Who came closer to coming back? The Lakers who got SWEPT or the Celtics who at least had the pride to not get swept? LOL. Please don't jinx the Heat.

Because

a. They may have figured out Miami in the last game.

Most teams in the conference finals dont get swept. Boston's biggest problem is their coach is out of his depth and he's facing probably the best coach in the league certainly in the EC.

b. 2 of the 3 will be in Boston. The Lakers would have had to win 2 in Denver. Celtics only have to win 1 game in Miami and 2 at home.

Do you have any idea what Boston's record has been at home in the playoffs? 4-5. They've lost more than they've won. 2 to the Heat in this series.

c. The Lakers had a shitty record. Worse than the Nuggets. Boston has a better record than Miami.

So. The Lakers has a worse record than the Grizzly's and the Warriors as well. The Lakers record was terrible in large part because the team as constructed prior to the trade deadline was terrible. The team that played in the PO's was radically different than the one that posted the terrible record. They were 25-30 pre trade deadline. 18-9 post trade deadline.

d. Celtics on paper are a better team than the Heat. The Nuggets on paper are a better team than the Lakers.

And yet the Celtics are down 3-1.

Who came closer to coming back? The Lakers who got SWEPT or the Celtics who at least had the pride to not get swept? LOL. Please don't jinx the Heat.

The Lakers lost by a combined 24 points over 4 games. The Celtics lost by 26 in game 3 alone and that game wasnt really that close. This series likely ends tonight.

Most teams in the conference finals dont get swept. Boston's biggest problem is their coach is out of his depth and he's facing probably the best coach in the league certainly in the EC.

Do you have any idea what Boston's record has been at home in the playoffs? 4-5. They've lost more than they've won. 2 to the Heat in this series.

So. The Lakers has a worse record than the Grizzly's and the Warriors as well. The Lakers record was terrible in large part because the team as constructed prior to the trade deadline was terrible. The team that played in the PO's was radically different than the one that posted the terrible record. They were 25-30 pre trade deadline. 18-9 post trade deadline.

And yet the Celtics are down 3-1.

The Lakers lost by a combined 24 points over 4 games. The Celtics lost by 26 in game 3 alone and that game wasnt really that close. This series likely ends tonight.
I wish Butler and Jokic could both win championships this year. It's like when that black girl beat the white girl in college basketball and Dr. Jill Biden wanted to invite the white loser to the white house. Sorry, only the winners get to do that.

I was just giving you reasons why MAYBE Boston could come back and maybe they have an easier route to making the comeback. They already got 1. Now they just need 3 more. Two at home.

I know you said they are 4-5 at home but don't you think they'd rather play at home than on the road? And take out the 2 they lost to the heat they are 4 and 3 at home during the playoffs. Weird they are doing so bad at home? WTF?

I'm not rooting for the Celtics. If they do come back then I will only be rooting for Denver in the finals. If the Heat go on then I'll be rooting for both teams. And hope it goes 7!

I wish Butler and Jokic could both win championships this year. It's like when that black girl beat the white girl in college basketball and Dr. Jill Biden wanted to invite the white loser to the white house. Sorry, only the winners get to do that.

I was just giving you reasons why MAYBE Boston could come back and maybe they have an easier route to making the comeback. They already got 1. Now they just need 3 more. Two at home.

I know you said they are 4-5 at home but don't you think they'd rather play at home than on the road? And take out the 2 they lost to the heat they are 4 and 3 at home during the playoffs. Weird they are doing so bad at home? WTF?
They are 5-2 away so no I dont.

I'm not rooting for the Celtics. If they do come back then I will only be rooting for Denver in the finals. If the Heat go on then I'll be rooting for both teams. And hope it goes 7!

They are 5-2 away so no I dont.
I would love it if the best team had the option.

After Bucks stunned by Heat, Celtics own home-court advantage and are the new favorites to win NBA championship. BOSTON -- There is a new favorite to win this year's NBA championship.

So you think if they had a choice and they moved on they would say we will give Denver home court advantage? I doubt it.

I would love it if the best team had the option.

After Bucks stunned by Heat, Celtics own home-court advantage and are the new favorites to win NBA championship. BOSTON -- There is a new favorite to win this year's NBA championship.

So you think if they had a choice and they moved on they would say we will give Denver home court advantage? I doubt it.

Doesnt matter Boston wont be participating in the finals.

Doesnt matter Boston wont be participating in the finals.
What did you say? I want to hear you say it now. I was right. You were wrong. Regardless of what happens game 7 clearly I was right on why Boston had a better chance than LA. One huge reason. Boston is a better team. LA was not a better team than Denver. You say those games were close but Denver was almost always ahead. Toying with the lakers. Sweep em

0-150.

That is the record of NBA teams down 0-3 to win a 7 game series.

3 teams have been down 0-3 and forced a game 7, I believe the last team to do it was the 1994 Nuggets, who lost to Utah. All 3 teams that forced a game 7 were on the road, this one is the first time the team that was down will play the game 7 at home.

0-150.

That is the record of NBA teams down 0-3 to win a 7 game series.

3 teams have been down 0-3 and forced a game 7, I believe the last team to do it was the 1994 Nuggets, who lost to Utah. All 3 teams that forced a game 7 were on the road, this one is the first time the team that was down will play the game 7 at home.
I'm watching Sports Center. Every 5 minutes they show Boston win game 6 like they won the championship. Celtics barely pulled it off by one point.

I'm watching Sports Center. Every 5 minutes they show Boston win game 6 like they won the championship. Celtics barely pulled it off by one point.
It will be interesting to see what happens. McRib said they haven’t been playing well at home. I say throw all that away when it’s game 7. Lot of pressure on the Heat but Celtics too. Depends on if shots fall during the game. Miami couldn’t make a bucket last game. But throw that out in game 7. We are so lucky we’re getting to see this. I have to go with Boston.

Forum List

Back