Lakers, bitches!

In another era in baseball, we did play together much better. Going to the "show" has made a good percentage of players "hot dogs". Sometimes I cringe watching a player take 12 seconds to get to first base on a home run. There was a time that was showing up a pitcher. Pitchers would have beaned players after that.
Remember Roger Clemens got roid raged against Mike Piazza? Threw a broken back at him? Piazza wanted nothing to do with Roger. LOL

Stick the Lakers with a fork, because they are done. :eusa_whistle:

I can't believe the Lakers couldn't win one. So sad. So sad in fact Lebron is thinking about retiring. How many more seasons can he take? The thought of going through another season faking injuries so you can rest up, hoping to just make the playoffs and win as a 7 seed. Win on the road? It's a lot to ask. And he almost freakin did it. Hats off to the Lakers for going as far as they did. They knocked out Golden State. I was so worried one of them would beat Denver and be in the finals. So glad a young team finally beat the veteran teams. Next year maybe Ja Morant's team or maybe just maybe Zion will lose some weight and be healthy for a full season. They were good without him so they should be great with him.

Does Lebron want to play against the new generational star Victor Wembanyama before he retires. Like Lebron said, he has a lot to think about.

I say one more year. You can never come back once you stop. And you will miss it. So give it one more year. You're still better than 95% of the young guys in the league.

But the Lakers have to get a couple of new players. 2 guys who rebound and play defense.

I used to love that all the best fighters in MMA were white. No more. Blacks have reached the top and clearly all the guys who are considered pound for pound, are black guys.

I remember I wrestled a black guy in highschool who was 3rd in state the year before. Total bad ass. No one could keep him down. He beat me every time we wrestled. The last time though was different. One of us would make it to the top 6 and be All State, the other would be out of the tournament. I thought I was done. Then some guys told me he was bitching and moaning about having to wrestle that crazy white boy. Me? That's how he talks about me? I was so fucking flattered. I didn't think he thought twice about me. So I went at him with everything I had. I even pulled a move I had never tried before. The way he would escape from the bottom was amazing. No one ever stopped him. But as he slowly methodically worked his way up to a standing position, I jumped over his back and locked in a cradle. I had it LOCKED! So the entire 2nd period I just held him there. I couldn't pin him but I just got a take down and 3 point near fall.

The 3rd period I played keep away. I beat him!!! I used to think no black guy could take me. But that was before someone taught any of them how to wrestle or jujitsu. Damn they're good now.
Interesting story, I have the utmost respect for anyone who was a good wrestler. I had friends in high school who were wrestlers and I couldn't believe the training and the weight loss they had to go through to wrestle at their weight. Just brutal.

Interesting story, I have the utmost respect for anyone who was a good wrestler. I had friends in high school who were wrestlers and I couldn't believe the training and the weight loss they had to go through to wrestle at their weight. Just brutal.
I was powerlifting when I was 14. I never wrestled I was just done with football and baseball. All the favoritism. Plus I was too short. I realized I was never going pro. But I was only 14 so I was too young to work so I tried a few sports until I found wrestling. Long story short, I wouldn't have gotten into Eastern Michigan University if it weren't for wrestling.

Anyways, I don't want to go off on a tangent. When I joined wrestling I weighed a very healthy 190 lbs. At 5'6" I had a lot of weight I could afford to lose. But I didn't try. Just going to practices I made 167 weight class. So my first year, my sophomore year, I wrestled 167. I was too short for that weight class. I was good, but if I wanted to be GREAT, I would need to go to 155. Some even said I should go to 145 but fuck that. So anyways, I actually dieted and got down to 155. Still, I had the most body fat of all my team mates. In other words I didn't kill myself to get to 145 so I would be stronger than everyone else. Guess what? Maybe I'd be weak if I lost that much weight. So I was a very healthy 155 pounder. I didn't suffer. I just couldn't eat crap like normally did. I would show up to weigh ins and be very close to not making weight. I believe I even got down to 150 just so I never accidently went over and couldn't wrestle.

So imagine after a year of getting your ass kicked at 167, now you are at 155. Now you are the bully in the group. LOL Only 3 guys in my weight class could beat me consistently and they were bad mother fuckers.

I was powerlifting when I was 14. I never wrestled I was just done with football and baseball. All the favoritism. Plus I was too short. I realized I was never going pro. But I was only 14 so I was too young to work so I tried a few sports until I found wrestling. Long story short, I wouldn't have gotten into Eastern Michigan University if it weren't for wrestling.

Anyways, I don't want to go off on a tangent. When I joined wrestling I weighed a very healthy 190 lbs. At 5'6" I had a lot of weight I could afford to lose. But I didn't try. Just going to practices I made 167 weight class. So my first year, my sophomore year, I wrestled 167. I was too short for that weight class. I was good, but if I wanted to be GREAT, I would need to go to 155. Some even said I should go to 145 but fuck that. So anyways, I actually dieted and got down to 155. Still, I had the most body fat of all my team mates. In other words I didn't kill myself to get to 145 so I would be stronger than everyone else. Guess what? Maybe I'd be weak if I lost that much weight. So I was a very healthy 155 pounder. I didn't suffer. I just couldn't eat crap like normally did. I would show up to weigh ins and be very close to not making weight. I believe I even got down to 150 just so I never accidently went over and couldn't wrestle.

So imagine after a year of getting your ass kicked at 167, now you are at 155. Now you are the bully in the group. LOL Only 3 guys in my weight class could beat me consistently and they were bad mother fuckers.
That was smart, I had two buddies who didn't have much fat on them to begin with. They tried to get to the lower weight class. They were taking laxatives and running like madmen in the gym with dripping wet sweat suits. They looked like shit when they got to the lower class and they both got their butts kicked because they were so weak. I really think that was borderline abuse by the coaches to push them.

That was smart, I had two buddies who didn't have much fat on them to begin with. They tried to get to the lower weight class. They were taking laxatives and running like madmen in the gym with dripping wet sweat suits. They looked like shit when they got to the lower class and they both got their butts kicked because they were so weak. I really think that was borderline abuse by the coaches to push them.

I still had to run with the plastic outfit on but that's probably because I ate too much over the weekend. LOL. Yea, I was NOT even close to being unhealthy. I love it my all state picture is still up in my high school. Anyone who's all state at my high school goes up on the wall as long as the school exists. I have friends kids who come up to me and tell me how they saw me on the wall. So cool.

Anyways, back to basketball. I feel like that Golden State vs Lakers matchup the last round is the last time either of those teams are going to be relevant. Unless Curry adds some new/better pieces to the team. I hear Clay Thomas is going to move on? Draymond Green is getting old.

As good as AD is, Jokic was better. So if Lebron and him come back next year, they better add some new/better pieces to the puzzle.

And Boston. What's going to happen with Boston?

And the Bucks. Are they going to come back next year with the same team and see if this years trouncing by the Heat was just a fluke? It wasn't a fluke because the Heat did it to Boston too.

The East should be interesting. Heat, Boston, Bucks and 76rs.

That is if Harden and Embiid stay together. They should. They came pretty close. They just need 2 more good players who will step up.

Who's going to win the Heat or Denver? I can't tell. It's hard to imagine either of these teams losing in the finals. Is there a way they can both win? LOL

Forum List

Back