Well Everyone Else Gets To Suggest Things....Here is Mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
It says announcements and feedback on top of the page. But this forum is used quite often to request/suggest things. I hope the mods take it in the spirit it is intended and forgive my circuitous ramblings for a moment.

Growing up in the 70’s and 80’s, coverage of the NHL was sporadic if it existed at all in Texas. We had the Houston Aeros for a while. I recall the rather angry commercials they would run on channels 2, 11, 13 and 39 about “if we don’t get more support, we’re leaving.” They left. Anyway...the big draw of the Aeros and all hockey at the time was that there was fighting. There was that movie with Paul Newman whose name escapes me right now to where they basically turned every hockey game into a slugfest. There was a sitcom called “Taxi” to where they had a line on it about ice hockey. Someone didn’t want to attend because there was “too much skating between the fights”. The reason there was so much fighting is that the players policed the ice on their own. And for generations, the men who ran the leagues had basically told the officials to keep their whistles in their pockets unless (and sometimes even after) someone drew blood. The officials didn’t call penalties in the last two minutes of the game if it was close on the score board.

In that spirit, I request/propose/suggest that we have a "purge like" period of time after this upcoming general election on 11/5/2024. On 11/5/2024 at 11:59 Eastern, open up a forum under politics to where trolling, flaming, name calling, freestyle humiliation, etc... is fair game. Of course no involving the families, threats of violence, or major infractions yada yada yada. Basically move the rubber room up top to discuss the fall out from the election. Basically, in that space, keep the whistles in the pocket but reserve the right to put someone in the penalty box if the need arises.

Now, as we’ve seen first in 2000, and then 2004 then again in 2016 and 2020, we don’t always know on Wednesday who won on Tuesday so it may have to remain open for a week or so.

It says announcements and feedback on top of the page. But this forum is used quite often to request/suggest things. I hope the mods take it in the spirit it is intended and forgive my circuitous ramblings for a moment.

Growing up in the 70’s and 80’s, coverage of the NHL was sporadic if it existed at all in Texas. We had the Houston Aeros for a while. I recall the rather angry commercials they would run on channels 2, 11, 13 and 39 about “if we don’t get more support, we’re leaving.” They left. Anyway...the big draw of the Aeros and all hockey at the time was that there was fighting. There was that movie with Paul Newman whose name escapes me right now to where they basically turned every hockey game into a slugfest. There was a sitcom called “Taxi” to where they had a line on it about ice hockey. Someone didn’t want to attend because there was “too much skating between the fights”. The reason there was so much fighting is that the players policed the ice on their own. And for generations, the men who ran the leagues had basically told the officials to keep their whistles in their pockets unless (and sometimes even after) someone drew blood. The officials didn’t call penalties in the last two minutes of the game if it was close on the score board.

In that spirit, I request/propose/suggest that we have a "purge like" period of time after this upcoming general election on 11/5/2024. On 11/5/2024 at 11:59 Eastern, open up a forum under politics to where trolling, flaming, name calling, freestyle humiliation, etc... is fair game. Of course no involving the families, threats of violence, or major infractions yada yada yada. Basically move the rubber room up top to discuss the fall out from the election. Basically, in that space, keep the whistles in the pocket but reserve the right to put someone in the penalty box if the need arises.

Now, as we’ve seen first in 2000, and then 2004 then again in 2016 and 2020, we don’t always know on Wednesday who won on Tuesday so it may have to remain open for a week or so.

Weird

It's much easier to restrict you and your fellow deviants and racists to posting in the rubber room.

The Flame Zone provides specifically what you are asking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back