Official Super Bowl Thread

I don't know what I was thinking. I honestly thought you were some other poster. I thought I was responding to Greg. I do know that the OP DEMANDED trash talk...so I'll go with that as my final answer!

:lol:

Oh.. ! Wilson's first half passer rating was ZERO. I have watched thousands of games and never seen a ZERO rating.

I don't think I have the same passion for what we call "Gridiron" as does ChrisL; Rugby well maybe but I would not have expressed myself as she did. However, I've been known to require a new TV after a game on occasions....bricks and TV screens are a no no!! I notice that the Seahawks beat the GBPs in a close one. Between watching a blowout and a close game I prefer a close game...unless it's the team I barrack for in which case I want them to win by 100 to ZERO.

Greg

Well, I'm happy because my team is going to the Super Bowl. It's the biggest and most important game of the year! :)

Good luck to both teams and may the best team on the day win...so Patriots by 100+

Good luck!!

Greg

100 points? That would be lucky indeed. It's never been done. The highest score ever in an NFL game was 72.

Furthermore trying to compare this afternoon's game to the norm is futile on many levels. Seattle had the best Defense in the NFL this season as well as last season. The 22 points the Packers scored is a rare amount against the Hawks.

It is highly unlikely the NE Patriots will score more than the 22 allowed by the Hawks today. What you saw today was a freaky weird game. Our QB and receivers played their worst game ever or at least for a VERY long time. It was raining and windy. The ball skipped off of the receivers hands numerous times caught still in flight by the Packer Defense giving them unusually great field position on multiple occasions.

That won't be the case in sunny Arizona in two weeks. The gamblers in Nevada opened the odds with Seattle a two point favorite now down to a toss up.

If I had an extra thou I would jump at even points.

I predict the Seahawks to win by a TD. That's 7 points for those of you that don't know anything about American football.

TD...6 and 1 for the Conversion. Have not watched much but have never seen anyone miss a conversion.

Greg

It happens. Also the conversion can be for 2 points as was demonstrated by the Hawks.

In reference to gambling, winning by a TD is generally considered to be 7 points although technically a TD really can be anything from 6-8 points total depending on how the PAT is played or missed.

But what was his rating during the first half?
You think I'm gay because I like football? :rolleyes-41: LOTS of women like football, and straight ones too!

I don't know what I was thinking. I honestly thought you were some other poster. I thought I was responding to Greg. I do know that the OP DEMANDED trash talk...so I'll go with that as my final answer!

:lol:

Oh.. ! Wilson's first half passer rating was ZERO. I have watched thousands of games and never seen a ZERO rating.

I don't think I have the same passion for what we call "Gridiron" as does ChrisL; Rugby well maybe but I would not have expressed myself as she did. However, I've been known to require a new TV after a game on occasions....bricks and TV screens are a no no!! I notice that the Seahawks beat the GBPs in a close one. Between watching a blowout and a close game I prefer a close game...unless it's the team I barrack for in which case I want them to win by 100 to ZERO.

Greg

Well, I'm happy because my team is going to the Super Bowl. It's the biggest and most important game of the year! :)

Good luck to both teams and may the best team on the day win...so Patriots by 100+

Good luck!!

Greg

100 points? That would be lucky indeed. It's never been done. The highest score ever in an NFL game was 72.

Furthermore trying to compare this afternoon's game to the norm is futile on many levels. Seattle had the best Defense in the NFL this season as well as last season. The 22 points the Packers scored is a rare amount against the Hawks.

It is highly unlikely the NE Patriots will score more than the 22 allowed by the Hawks today. What you saw today was a freaky weird game. Our QB and receivers played their worst game ever or at least for a VERY long time. It was raining and windy. The ball skipped off of the receivers hands numerous times caught still in flight by the Packer Defense giving them unusually great field position on multiple occasions.

That won't be the case in sunny Arizona in two weeks. The gamblers in Nevada opened the odds with Seattle a two point favorite now down to a toss up.

If I had an extra thou I would jump at even points.

I predict the Seahawks to win by a TD. That's 7 points for those of you that don't know anything about American football.

Lol. I don't think the Pats will score 100 points either. It's all going to depend on what kind of game each team plays. Obviously, both are good teams or they wouldn't be in the Superbowl, but if both have a good day, it will probably end up being a close game, like you say. However, I say Pats win by a TD! :D

Who cares? The Colts were lucky to be there and who can like the Patriots? I have yet to see a team get as lucky as Seattle did in the last 4 minutes.

At least there were no controversial calls.

Are the Vegas Odds Makers drunk? Did they watch today's games?

Seattle played a much better team then did the Patriots. Not more then a month ago the Colts got lit up for 6 touchdowns it is not surprising that they did again.

Who cares? The Colts were lucky to be there and who can like the Patriots? I have yet to see a team get as lucky as Seattle did in the last 4 minutes.

At least there were no controversial calls.

Great point.

And really as a fan that's all I was hoping for other than a win.

I don't mind the drama as long as it is about the challenges the players and coaches must face and overcome or not.

From Seattle's point of view this was truly a team that "Snatched victory from the jaws of defeat".

Based on what I saw today if Seattle plays a normal game they will crush New England just like they did the Broncos last season.
And "IF" a frog had a tail he wouldn't bump his butt. If you're relying on "if", you don't have a prayer.

Well I have only done a very basic break down of the game....we have two weeks to kill...we will get to it. I am a Seahawks fan so obviously I will go with the Hawks, but setting homerism aside for a moment, my initial look seems to suggest that the match-ups favor Seattle more than New England

Based on what I saw today if Seattle plays a normal game they will crush New England just like they did the Broncos last season.
And "IF" a frog had a tail he wouldn't bump his butt. If you're relying on "if", you don't have a prayer.

You have a point. IF Aaron Rodgers is truly the best QB in the NFL the Packers should have won going away.

I saw little evidence of the Packer QB's injury. He hopped a couple of times AFTER he RAN for 20 or 30 yards across the field a couple of times and passed the ball.

He did have one self inflicted right ankle twist on the leg opposite the reported injured leg.

You have a point. IF Aaron Rodgers is truly the best QB in the NFL the Packers should have won going away.

I saw little evidence of the Packer QB's injury. He hopped a couple of times AFTER he RAN for 20 or 30 yards across the field a couple of times and passed the ball.

He did have one self inflicted right ankle twist on the leg opposite the reported injured leg.

The best QB is not always going to win, especially if they don't have talent surrounding them. It is obvious that Seattle has better all around talent then Green Bay had surrounding Rodgers, who is also injured and as the game progressed you could see Rodgers struggling getting the velocity on throws.

The odds are now a Pick'em, right now I think Seattle is a favorite in my book, usually the teams that win big the week before struggle the next week. Look at the games the week before. The Colts waltzed by Denver, New England rallied twice to beat Baltimore, Seattle cruised by Carolina, Packers struggled against the Cowboys.

This week, NE routed Indy and Seattle struggled to beat the Pack.

The best QB is not always going to win, especially if they don't have talent surrounding them. It is obvious that Seattle has better all around talent then Green Bay had surrounding Rodgers, who is also injured and as the game progressed you could see Rodgers struggling getting the velocity on throws.

That's crazy talk! Seattle has better receivers than does Green Bay? Preposterous!

Seattle has a better O-Line than the boys in Green and Gold? Whatcha smokin?

Seahawks running backs better than the Packers? Marginally. Lynch is a little better than Lacey.

The odds are now a Pick'em, right now I think Seattle is a favorite in my book, usually the teams that win big the week before struggle the next week. Look at the games the week before. The Colts waltzed by Denver, New England rallied twice to beat Baltimore, Seattle cruised by Carolina, Packers struggled against the Cowboys.

Well I would guess that if this game was played 10 times Seattle would win 7 of them. The question is will Super Bowl Sunday be one of those other three times? If both teams play their usual game, Seattle should win, but you can never predict certain things. Take the NFC Championship....two teams that were among the best in the NFL at protecting the ball and they turn it over 7 or 8 times between them. An NFL football games includes a lot of unpredictable elements that can completely change the outcome. But all things being equal this is Seattle's game to lose

Well I would guess that if this game was played 10 times Seattle would win 7 of them. The question is will Super Bowl Sunday be one of those other three times? If both teams play their usual game, Seattle should win, but you can never predict certain things. Take the NFC Championship....two teams that were among the best in the NFL at protecting the ball and they turn it over 7 or 8 times between them. An NFL football games includes a lot of unpredictable elements that can completely change the outcome. But all things being equal this is Seattle's game to lose

I hope the odds go crazy in New Egglands favor. One thing should be obvious that the Hawks play best when their backs are against the wall.

Who is going to win? Who do you want to win?

Any trash talk?

The Vegas odds have the Seahawks as 2 point favorites.

The over/under started at 48.5 and has gone to 49.

That's bound to change.

Sherman is probably out.

He said he is fine and will play in the Super Bowl.
what else did you expect him to say though,something like-I am felling a lot of pain but i will play anyway? He'll play no doubt cause he badly wants to win as most the players do obviously,I was impressed how he stayed in the game willing to play hurt like that but he is going to have to be completely healthy to be effective.

plus if the Hawks have a non existant pass rush again that reappeared after it looked like it was a thing of the past this season,they wont win this game.they need to fix that big time.

Forum List

Back