Official Super Bowl Thread

what else did you expect him to say though,something like-I am felling a lot of pain but i will play anyway? He'll play no doubt cause he badly wants to win as most the players do obviously,I was impressed how he stayed in the game willing to play hurt like that but he is going to have to be completely healthy to be effective.

plus if the Hawks have a non existant pass rush again that reappeared after it looked like it was a thing of the past this season,they wont win this game.they need to fix that big time.

Sherman will be fine. I am more worried about Thomas and even he should be ready to go. As far as the pass rush, Seattle hasn't had a very good puss rush all year. It got better near the end of the season but after Jordan Hill got injured it mellowed out a bit. I don't expect Brady to take a lot of sacks although he might get hurried a lot and take some hits after the throw

what else did you expect him to say though,something like-I am felling a lot of pain but i will play anyway? He'll play no doubt cause he badly wants to win as most the players do obviously,I was impressed how he stayed in the game willing to play hurt like that but he is going to have to be completely healthy to be effective.

plus if the Hawks have a non existant pass rush again that reappeared after it looked like it was a thing of the past this season,they wont win this game.they need to fix that big time.

Sherman will be fine. I am more worried about Thomas and even he should be ready to go. As far as the pass rush, Seattle hasn't had a very good puss rush all year. It got better near the end of the season but after Jordan Hill got injured it mellowed out a bit. I don't expect Brady to take a lot of sacks although he might get hurried a lot and take some hits after the throw
yeah thomas is the one to really worry about.sherman only hurt his elbow,that can heal fine in two weeks a shoulder injury though is more serious.if thomas isnt 100%,thats going to be bad news for the seahawks,.he is a key player.

Based on what I saw today if Seattle plays a normal game they will crush New England just like they did the Broncos last season.
And "IF" a frog had a tail he wouldn't bump his butt. If you're relying on "if", you don't have a prayer.

You have a point. IF Aaron Rodgers is truly the best QB in the NFL the Packers should have won going away.

I saw little evidence of the Packer QB's injury. He hopped a couple of times AFTER he RAN for 20 or 30 yards across the field a couple of times and passed the ball.

He did have one self inflicted right ankle twist on the leg opposite the reported injured leg.

The best QB is not always going to win, especially if they don't have talent surrounding them. It is obvious that Seattle has better all around talent then Green Bay had surrounding Rodgers, who is also injured and as the game progressed you could see Rodgers struggling getting the velocity on throws.

That's crazy talk! Seattle has better receivers than does Green Bay? Preposterous!

Seattle has a better O-Line than the boys in Green and Gold? Whatcha smokin?

Seahawks running backs better than the Packers? Marginally. Lynch is a little better than Lacey.

Aren't you the guy that has claimed the Hawks are a dynasty? Weren't you saying the Hawks were going 15-1 or something stupid like that?

Give it a rest, are they a fucking dynasty or a bunch of overpaid pussies? Make up your mind and get back to me.

I'd take the Seattle team as far as talent over Green Bay, and maybe, just maybe, homerboy that is what Seattle was such a huge favorite this last weekend over Green Bay, remember that? Remember all those threads earlier this year you stating how great Seattle is?

Now, you are saying they are that good? Give it a rest cupcake.

yeah thomas is the one to really worry about.sherman only hurt his elbow,that can heal fine in two weeks a shoulder injury though is more serious.if thomas isnt 100%,thats going to be bad news for the seahawks,.he is a key player.

It sure won't help. Thomas will play but I am not sure he will be 100%. Just depends on how badly his shoulder was separated and Seattle isn't going to make that public knowledge. They will say he is 100% even if he isn't. On the other hand they may make it out to be worse than it is just to bait Brady. Who knows. Still Thomas at 90% is better than most safeties in the NFL

Based on what I saw today if Seattle plays a normal game they will crush New England just like they did the Broncos last season.
And "IF" a frog had a tail he wouldn't bump his butt. If you're relying on "if", you don't have a prayer.

You have a point. IF Aaron Rodgers is truly the best QB in the NFL the Packers should have won going away.

I saw little evidence of the Packer QB's injury. He hopped a couple of times AFTER he RAN for 20 or 30 yards across the field a couple of times and passed the ball.

He did have one self inflicted right ankle twist on the leg opposite the reported injured leg.

The best QB is not always going to win, especially if they don't have talent surrounding them. It is obvious that Seattle has better all around talent then Green Bay had surrounding Rodgers, who is also injured and as the game progressed you could see Rodgers struggling getting the velocity on throws.

That's crazy talk! Seattle has better receivers than does Green Bay? Preposterous!

Seattle has a better O-Line than the boys in Green and Gold? Whatcha smokin?

Seahawks running backs better than the Packers? Marginally. Lynch is a little better than Lacey.

Aren't you the guy that has claimed the Hawks are a dynasty? Weren't you saying the Hawks were going 15-1 or something stupid like that?

Give it a rest, are they a fucking dynasty or a bunch of overpaid pussies? Make up your mind and get back to me.

I'd take the Seattle team as far as talent over Green Bay, and maybe, just maybe, homerboy that is what Seattle was such a huge favorite this last weekend over Green Bay, remember that? Remember all those threads earlier this year you stating how great Seattle is?

Now, you are saying they are that good? Give it a rest cupcake.

Ya...That was I.

The media has convinced me since then that the Seahawks are pedestrian with a legal midget for a QB.

I think now that they will win in AZ and NE can just recycle GB's excuses in hopes the NFL will just go ahead on and engrave the Lombardi with Brady being the winning QB AND the MVP.

The terrible truth is that the Seahawks are not worthy. We STOLE the NFC Championship. I'm amazed that the team wasn't arrested after the game and most of the Hawk losers should be still in Jail waiting for babbie's mama to come up with bail money.

What concerns me is that the Hawks often have low scoring games. They win but they do so by limiting the other team to even less points. If they are firing on all cylinders they will be hard to beat, but it might take a while to get the car started.

What concerns me is that the Hawks often have low scoring games. They win but they do so by limiting the other team to even less points. If they are firing on all cylinders they will be hard to beat, but it might take a while to get the car started.

You might be surprised actually to learn that during the regular season New England scored 29 points per game and Seattle scored 25. Despite being considered a very high powered offense it didn't translate into ridiculously more points per game than Seattle. In fact if you look at my statistical breakdown here (Super Bowl XLIX Predictions US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum) you will see that in overall offensive DVOA New England is 6th and Seattle is actually 5th. It's just that Seattle does it on the ground and New England does it through the air and passing gets more attention than running, hence the stereotypes and misconceptions that people have about these respective offenses.

Seattle's offense is very underrated because of how they run it, but make no mistake....they are a very good offense and can score on New England

Another way to look at it Iceweasel is this way. Based on just yardage alone Wilson doesn't look terribly impressive but consider that Tom Brady threw 582 regular season passes for 4,109 yards, 33 tds, and 9 int. Wilson only attempted 452 passes, but he had a 7.7 yards per attempt average, a 4.4% td average, and a 1.5% interception average. So just for the heck of it lets give Wilson the same number of attempts as Brady. At 582 passes Wilson would have (according to those averages) 4,505 yards, 26 tds, and 9 ints. Brady still has more touchdowns but when you equalize the number of attempts it gets a whole lot closer. Now throw in Wilson's rushing (849 yards and 6 tds this year) and the effect is even more pronounced.

Now this is not at all to suggest that Wilson is better than Brady or anything like that, but to show that when they choose to throw, Seattle can be just as effective as New England.

If Seattle wins this Super Bowl I would call them a dynasty. Things aren't like they were prior to the onset of free agency in 1992 I think it was. The Steelers of the 70s and the great 49ers teams that were around before free agency would have gotten probably half the rings just because free agency tears a team apart. Had free agency never been introduced New England would probably have 5 rings, Dallas a few more, and this Seahawks team would probably end up with 4 or so before everyone got old.

For me to be a dynasty you have to win multiple Super Bowls in a short time frame, preferably going back to back at least once but that's not absolutely mandatory. In the era of free agency back to back titles in my mind qualifies or three over the course of five or six years qualifies. But let's win the second one before we get into all that.

If Seattle wins this Super Bowl I would call them a dynasty. Things aren't like they were prior to the onset of free agency in 1992 I think it was. The Steelers of the 70s and the great 49ers teams that were around before free agency would have gotten probably half the rings just because free agency tears a team apart. Had free agency never been introduced New England would probably have 5 rings, Dallas a few more, and this Seahawks team would probably end up with 4 or so before everyone got old.

For me to be a dynasty you have to win multiple Super Bowls in a short time frame, preferably going back to back at least once but that's not absolutely mandatory. In the era of free agency back to back titles in my mind qualifies or three over the course of five or six years qualifies. But let's win the second one before we get into all that.

I'm not going to be playing, so I can't help.

I wouldn't.

I don't know what kind of deal with the Devil the Seahawks made at halftime on Sunday but two Lombardi's don't constitute a dynasty! I've seen lotsa teams score three TDs in a qtr. I've never seen one score three TDs in a qtr as well as throw an interception in the endzone. Certainly not in a Conference Championship game! That's some wack poo! Your opponent in a game that late in the playoffs is suppozed to be top shelf.

It's getting ridiculous like the Seahawks are starting to resemble the Harlem Globetrotters. Ya don't know what to expect. Ya just know it will be entertaining and that they will almost always win.

Face it! We have a runt for a QB. Our best receiver is half as good as many team's #1. Our running back won't start in the first period much of the time...he's too busy puking Skittles on the sidelines or screwing around with which cleats he wants to wear so he can piss off the NFL.

Our DB's think they are some kinda super heros. Most of our best players were walk ons with bad habits.

Frankly I don't know how Carroll controls this three ring circus enough to win one game let alone one Super Bowl and probably another in less than two weeks.

Dynasty? I'm not really sure what to call it but at this point I wouldn't call it that.

I just got off the phone with my step-father to get his take on the Seahawks / Packers game. He is a former baseball player and college baseball coach and was recently inducted into the college baseball hall of fame as a coach. I asked him his take on the Seahawks victory and here is what he told me. He said:

In every game no matter the sport each team has breaks. In the first quarter Green Bay got a break when Kearse tipped the ball and Clinton-Dix intercepted it. That was a break. It wasn't great defense or terrible offense. It was just a break and now it is up to Green Bay as to what to do with it. The Packers turned that break into three points. On the onside kick late in the game, a Green Bay player decided to be a hero and fucked it up. That was a break. It wasn't great play by Seattle, it was just like the Kearse tip...a break. Now it's up to Seattle as to what to do with that. They turned it into a touchdown. Seattle made better use of the breaks they got than Green Bay did and that's the ball game.

I just got off the phone with my step-father to get his take on the Seahawks / Packers game. He is a former baseball player and college baseball coach and was recently inducted into the college baseball hall of fame as a coach. I asked him his take on the Seahawks victory and here is what he told me. He said:

In every game no matter the sport each team has breaks. In the first quarter Green Bay got a break when Kearse tipped the ball and Clinton-Dix intercepted it. That was a break. It wasn't great defense or terrible offense. It was just a break and now it is up to Green Bay as to what to do with it. The Packers turned that break into three points. On the onside kick late in the game, a Green Bay player decided to be a hero and fucked it up. That was a break. It wasn't great play by Seattle, it was just like the Kearse tip...a break. Now it's up to Seattle as to what to do with that. They turned it into a touchdown. Seattle made better use of the breaks they got than Green Bay did and that's the ball game.

Lol! What is the point? Who cares? The Hawks won and it is on to the Super Bowl.

Lol! What is the point? Who cares? The Hawks won and it is on to the Super Bowl.

shit wrong thread. I thought it was the Seahawks / Packers thread. Mmmmmmmmmm beer. My apologies

One week and now we get to the onslaught of human interests stories that fill the newspapers, TV, blogs, radio show and so on.

I think the two weeks needs to be one week and get it over with.

And we will have all the pre-Super Bowl nonsense, how long is the pre-game show this year?

One week and now we get to the onslaught of human interests stories that fill the newspapers, TV, blogs, radio show and so on.

I think the two weeks needs to be one week and get it over with.

And we will have all the pre-Super Bowl nonsense, how long is the pre-game show this year?
Yep, two weeks is ridiculous. I can't believe it generates any additional interest. Probably good for sales though.

Who is going to win? Who do you want to win?

Any trash talk?

The Vegas odds have the Seahawks as 2 point favorites.

The over/under started at 48.5 and has gone to 49.

I'm rooting for the Seahawks, because I don't trust New England, anymore. The Patriots don't even deserve to be in the SB, because of their questionable antics. I hope they lose. You can't make me believe Brady, with all his experience, didn't know all those footballs were deflated.

I am a "Tough Love" advocate.

Forum List

Back